Planning my first grow in coco

• Thread starter Fourpey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Fourpey

I'm planning my first grow in a 2:1 coco/ perlite mix in 5 gallon fabric pots. I have GH Flora series and CalMag nutrients.

Because of work I really only have time once a day to water/feed and tend to the plants. I was wondering how much should I be watering in these size of pots. I understand from reading that I need to water until 10-20% runoff at bottom. Would ~1/2 gallon of nutrient water be enough to keep the coco moist for 24 hours? Should I lower perlite in my medium ratio so my mix retains the water longer since I will only water once a day?

I'm also looking for a feeding chart and found this one, does it look good? It says to feed every other watering though, but I read that coco needs nutes every watering.

Thanks for the help!

View attachment drain-to-waste-flora-series-schedule.pdf
Fromunda506

Fromunda506

I would go with 3 to 5 gallons. 5 is a touch big for coco imo unless you are running big girls, but I would go that route if you know you are limited to once per day feeding.

Dont skimp on water or feed. Probably more like a gallon to get good runoff in a 5 gal bag, maybe closer to 1.5. Their water needs will increase with size. I feed my coc every day at least once…literally from the first day above the surface.

Been rocking with coco for longer than it’s been cool. Hit me up if you have questions or need help. Good luck! Cheers

F

Fourpey

I would go with 3 to 5 gallons. 5 is a touch big for coco imo unless you are running big girls, but I would go that route if you know you are limited to once per day feeding.

Dont skimp on water or feed. Probably more like a gallon to get good runoff in a 5 gal bag, maybe closer to 1.5. Their water needs will increase with size. I feed my coc every day at least once…literally from the first day above the surface.

Been rocking with coco for longer than it’s been cool. Hit me up if you have questions or need help. Good luck! Cheers
How much water would you give a 3 gallon pot to be good for 24hours? And should I go 100% coco if only watering once a day?

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

How much water would you give a 3 gallon pot to be good for 24hours? And should I go 100% coco if only watering once a day?
I always run 25-35% perlite with my coco. The amount of water will have something to do with the size of the plant. As she gets bigger, the coco will be drier after 24 hours than when she is smaller. I would plan a half gallon to gallon of water per feed. Whatever it takes to get a good 20–30% runoff. Try and focus more on what she needs and what she’s telling you than using a planned formula.

F

Fourpey

I always run 25-35% perlite with my coco. The amount of water will have something to do with the size of the plant. As she gets bigger, the coco will be drier after 24 hours than when she is smaller. I would plan a half gallon to gallon of water per feed. Whatever it takes to get a good 20–30% runoff. Try and focus more on what she needs and what she’s telling you than using a planned formula.
Yes I definitely will be watching for what the plant needs, I am just trying to figure out approx costs of nutrients and planning a watering schedule!

Since its my first grow ever I'm a bit worried with the amount of nutrients I need to give at different stages and also the fact that I will only be able to water them once a day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom