Plant is changing colors help

• Thread starter Blickmorant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Looks like there's more than one problem. I can't tell what those critters are, but I wouldn't want them on my plants. I think there may also be some nutrient problems or overwatering. The leaves look a bit bloated. Too frequent watering can cause new growth to be light green or yellow in color. I think I see signs of calcium deficiency, but that can also be from overwatering.

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

Looks like there's more than one problem. I can't tell what those critters are, but I wouldn't want them on my plants. I think there may also be some nutrient problems or overwatering. The leaves look a bit bloated. Too frequent watering can cause new growth to be light green or yellow in color. I think I see signs of calcium deficiency, but that can also be from overwatering.
More likely from bugs. The middle pic looks like scale?

OP needs to sort that out first imo.

B

Blickmorant

Agree with Phyto, don't do anything right now. I assume you're talking about the fan leaves that are darkening, what strain is it?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
you need to check for pest or learn how and what is your watering method, how much?
size of bags?

T

TheGreatPotoo

How do I check for pest lmao? And I water till run off , 5 gal fabric pots
If overwatering the issue, flushing the plant will be worse.

Check for pests, be patient and watch it for the next week.

The new leaf development looks fine, wait and see and try not to overreact by feeding, flushing or pruning.

Shoot us an update after a few days.

Soil should be fine, wait a day or two before watering and send another picture after.

Stokes

Stokes

50\50 happy frog and ocean Forrest I've only gave nutes once so far

I’ll never understand why people mix OF/HF. HF has more than enough nutrients to carry you through the seedling stage. That can carry you to transplant. When you mix the two youre just diluting an amended soil, which will reduce the amount of time until first feeding, and ultimately leave you with a myriad of other premature deficiency possibilities.

Just do one or the other, atleast that will give people an adequate prediction of your first feeding.

And before people come in saying that ocean forest is ‘hot’, post one picture of a seedling that was grown in it where it was burned without being overwatered, and i will match it with atleast 36 that ive started in it that werent

B

Blickmorant

I’ll never understand why people mix OF/HF. HF has more than enough nutrients to carry you through the seedling stage. That can carry you to transplant. When you mix the two youre just diluting an amended soil, which will reduce the amount of time until first feeding, and ultimately leave you with a myriad of other premature deficiency possibilities.

Just do one or the other, atleast that will give people an adequate prediction of your first feeding.

And before people come in saying that ocean forest is ‘hot’, post one picture of a seedling that was grown in it where it was burned without being overwatered, and i will match it with atleast 36 that ive started in it that werent
This is my first grow lol all learning everything still

Bro this is my first grow ever I went onto you tube and there's that my b

Stokes

Stokes

This is my first grow lol all learning everything still

Bro this is my first grow ever I went onto you tube and there's that my b

Lots of bad information there. Was he a mid 30’s white dude who wears blue sunglasses indoors and dumbass hats?

Stokes

Stokes

Im reluctant to say bugs because the discoloration is so symmetrical. Im inclined to say it needs calmag, unless youve already fed it.

mjvdet13

mjvdet13

They are just fine.. New growth can change color as its usually closest to the light

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
with magnification, look on underside of leaves, for any tiny specks moving along,..and stare at soil surface for gnats,..
how you water,.. how much water do you give it and how? all at once? little at a time? how do you know it’s time to give water?

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

Visually, with magnification and illumination. 🤦🏻

I circled what looks like thrips and scale on your first page, you could start with checking to see if you can see things like that on top of and underneath your leaves.

T

TopShelfTender

Have you made any recent changes to your growing environment or feeding schedule?

Stokes

Stokes

Im 90% its magnesium related. He’d be due for some epsom salt by now, and that would be in a 100% ocean forest mix. Its hungry. Magnesium can cause everything thats going on with those leaves.

M

MellowRello

50\50 happy frog and ocean Forrest I've only gave nutes once so far
Your plants are fine, the soil is just a little too hot. I don't know why so many people are mixing OF and HP. Happy frog is mild nutes, start in that, up pot to Ocean Forest for the final pot. Mixing them is pointless, all you're doing is making Happy Frog too hot for seedlings..
Also, those soil will feed for at least three weeks before you need to feed the plants. Of you start in a 1 gallon, transplant up at week 3 and you won't have to feed for another 3 weeks, etc, etc

Latest posts

Top Bottom