Please help answer some ph questions for Rdwc. (I’ve read @aquaman’s ph thread)

• Thread starter Littleman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Littleman

Have some specfi ph questions for a 2 bucket Rdwc using great white bb. my 3rd attemp… yes I’m desperate

L

Littleman

How bout reading the 2 other threads I’ve posted in the last 3 days with the questions Im tryn to get answered. any luck there??
finally get a reply out of the three threads I posted, and I get the typical clever comment snarky forum guy. I expect nothing less, you so clever my guy.

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

finally get a reply out of the three threads I posted, and I get the typical clever comment snarky forum guy. I expect nothing less, you so clever my guy.
Could be a lot simpler to find an answer to a question, by asking one.

There are many clever people.

L

Littleman

1.will i kill bb if by using liquad gh phdown?
2a.how Important is it inoculate a rdwc system before placing seedlings inside system.
2b. How long should Inoculate system for?
3. Should I be doing the same to hydoton?
4. what change should I see day to day in ph if any in RO water that is in a 23 gal Rdwc systems 2 buckets ph to 6.2 with great white added with out any plants in it.

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

1- what’s bb. Code for?
2- Add your orca to your tote, once you think it’s mixed up.
2b- Pour a Dixie cup over your pot once a week , if your running without chiller, I personally would be on the ball with as warmer water brings things on fast.
3- Hytron the little clay like pebbles , I use those and would , yes.
4 - speaking of myself , once you get on to it my ec and ph would stay very close to the same value.
Ph moves .1-.2 each day for example.

L

Littleman

Be
1- what’s bb. Code for?
2- Add your orca to your tote, once you think it’s mixed up.
2b- Pour a Dixie cup over your pot once a week , if your running without chiller, I personally would be on the ball with as warmer water brings things on fast.
3- Hytron the little clay like pebbles , I use those and would , yes.
4 - speaking of myself , once you get on to it my ec and ph would stay very close to the same value.
Ph moves .1-.2 each day for example.
beneficial bacteria-code name bb
i really appreciate the insight thanks man
my ph is drifting from 6.2 to say 6.3-6.4 from one day to the next Ive been adjusting it back down to 6.2, been doing that every day since I started which was like 3-4 days ago. is that somethings thats normal? And am i addressing it the right way?

L

Littleman

Be

my ph is drifting from 6.2 to say 6.3-6.4 from one day to the next Ive been adjusting it back down to 6.2, been doing that every day since I lstarted which was like 3-4 days ago. is that somethings thats normal? And am i addressing it the right way?
Is that even a big deal I’m your opinion?6.2 to 6.3-6.4
water temp is at 69 and holds through out the day no chiller. Orca? I don’t understand, did you mean add plant when I think it’s mixed up?

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

Be

my ph is drifting from 6.2 to say 6.3-6.4 from one day to the next Ive been adjusting it back down to 6.2, been doing that every day since I started which was like 3-4 days ago. is that somethings thats normal? And am i addressing it the right way?
Ph down is not going to kill bacteria added.

Peroxide, bleach and pool shock , will.

I find that once I mix up a new batch that my ph could drop for a few days (.2 -.5) over 24hrs.
I’m check each day and would adjust accordingly, but would then stop.

Ph movement could be a few different things.
Example. You add your nutes and ph drops . Ec goes up.
As plants eat this ec can drop and ph could go up as you say.

5.8 veg and 6.0 flower.

Orca is a liquid beneficial like hydroguard but with more types .

If I was vegging plants I believe the happy ec and ph ( aka stability of both) would be found .8 ec

And then flower 1.2 -1.4 .

No co2 just 300-350 ppfd in veg.

L

Littleman

Ph down is not going to kill bacteria added.

Peroxide, bleach and pool shock , will.

I find that once I mix up a new batch that my ph could drop for a few days (.2 -.5) over 24hrs.
I’m check each day and would adjust accordingly, but would then stop.
ok that sounds like what I’m dealing with I hope so at least. but In my case I don’t have any plants in there yet or mutes for that matter since the ones I’m us say not add any during the early seedling stages (botanicare pure blend pro grow)so is there anything else’s I should be looking if this continues for more than a few days?. And I only have a tdS meter and ph meter both made by hanna will those do or should I pick up something else?

Ph movement could be a few different things.
Example. You add your nutes and ph drops . Ec goes up.
As plants eat this ec can drop and ph could go up as you say.

5.8 veg and 6.0 flower.

Orca is a liquid beneficial like hydroguard but with more types .

If I was vegging plants I believe the happy ec and ph ( aka stability of both) would be found .8 ec

And then flower 1.2 -1.4 .

No co2 just 300-350 ppfd in veg.

L

Littleman

ok cool, would this stuff do instead of orca? so wait till flower to start co2 corect?

L

Littleman

And I’m still getting the whole forum layout figured out, so if I’m posting my reply’s wrong let me know. I’m on a iphone which doesn’t help matters.

L

Littleman

It’s the same

same product but in powder form.

A home grower like yourself doesn’t need added co2 .
10.4 much appreciated sir. ALL-RIGHT! Thanks for the help my good sir! You have a wonderful evening i really do appreciate you taking the time to help me out, i really do. You are a gentleman and a scholar!

Top Bottom