Please help me- bottom fan leaves dying, falling off

• Thread starter JayBee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Everything has been going well till now, please help!

I am in third week of flower. I am growing in hydroton in an ebb and flow bucket system.

Canna Aqua EC 1.6 - 1.9 (I gave 1.9 last night and it is 1.6 today!), PH 6.1

Barneys Blue Cheese under a 600w HPS in a DR120 tent.

I am in tropics, so Temp is 24 and RH was around 60% week ago, but is now 70%

I noticed yesterday that some fan leaves were dying and discolored but thought it was normal, or because of giving flush for 24 hours, however today still bottom fan leaves some are dying, twisting, easy to pull right off stalk. They feel very wet. Rest of the plants are looking ok. Most of these sick fan leaves are in the shade too.

So what do you all think? Is this normal? Please let me know what to do, this is killing me! Thanks! :mad0233:

-JB

Please help me  bottom fan leaves dying falling off
Please help me  bottom fan leaves dying falling off 2
Please help me  bottom fan leaves dying falling off 3
Please help me  bottom fan leaves dying falling off 4
Please help me  bottom fan leaves dying falling off 5
Please help me  bottom fan leaves dying falling off 6
Please help me  bottom fan leaves dying falling off 7
Please help me  bottom fan leaves dying falling off 8
Please help me  bottom fan leaves dying falling off 9
Please help me  bottom fan leaves dying falling off 10
D

drpressure600

. . the bottom leaves always go like that, it's the plant iin flower, the plant is now pushing it's thc levels up to the buds which in turn is killing off the bottom leaves, it's not a problem, by right you should have cut all the bottom leaves off in order to let the plant push it's goodness up to the top . .

. . also if the moisture is up that high you need to slowly feed the plant, a few small jugs of water a day slowly poured on to the roots, the heat off the light is frying the water & making moisture as a result, cover as much water as you can from the heat, this will slow the moisture down ok amigo . .

G

guerilla family

Jayb - I think everything is ok here.. From your pics, the canopies look very thick and dense.. Like you said most of the leaves that are yellowing and falling of are in the shade. More than likely, they are falling off due to lack of light. Which is fine, as long as you have some fan leaves up top to catch the light. I would try pulling some of the main branches away from the middle of your plant. I wouldn't suggest supercropping, crimping or bending too much, this late in flowering. Just try to tie them back a bit without breaking or bending. Also, what kind of light are you using? Higher wattage HID's are able to penetrate deep into thick canopies, so that may be an option on the next grow as well..

Good luck JB

GFam

G

guerilla family

. . the bottom leaves always go like that, it's the plant iin flower, the plant is now pushing it's thc levels up to the buds which in turn is killing off the bottom leaves, it's not a problem, by right you should have cut all the bottom leaves off in order to let the plant push it's goodness up to the top . .

. . also if the moisture is up that high you need to slowly feed the plant, a few small jugs of water a day slowly poured on to the roots, the heat off the light is frying the water & making moisture as a result, cover as much water as you can from the heat, this will slow the moisture down ok amigo . .

All good points DR.. Ya man I think that everything is looking normal here.. No problems.. Like we said its normal for the bottom leaves to yellow a bit and drop off.. The plant is focusing on flowering now.

GFam

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Wow! Major relief! I knew that at some point bottom leaves started to die, but thought it was not for another couple of weeks (i am only in week 3 of flower).

For the humidity i think i am going to have to need a dehumidifier :( not an expense i was excited about... The light is not putting out too much heat, it is air cooled.

Anyway, you dont know how much better i feel, i was really thinking i had some major infection or something! :)

Thanks again!

JB

Latest posts

Top Bottom