Popping bag seeds worth it?

• Thread starter Siz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Leoman

Leoman

I wouldn't trust it. The supplier may have hermies. Indoor growing is too expensive to leave to chance imo. Maybe throw them outside and see what happens.

I tried bag seed once back in the day and it grew great but the final product was shit.

Reactions: Siz
Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.
I can get cuts of the new lemon cherry gelato. Good strain ?

I tried flower but it was mid grade
Not for me but there's plenty of folks creaming their jeans over it.

Reactions: Siz
P

PopPop67

Commercial growers have to compete with other sellers. They grow only the best alaround strains good production, good taste, good high.

If you get a lot of seeds in a 8th or 1/4 bag toss them someone did not know what they were doing. If you get a few seeds out of a 8th bag pop those beans you may have just found a winner.

Also keep in mind how was the smoke from that bag of weed? If it sucked or was just average toss the Seeds. If you wish you had a pound more of it then it's good enough to grow. The high from the weed in the bag should be all you need to know as far as toss or grow.

Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
So I got a bunch of Apple Fritter seeds from a bag.

Are popping these seeds worth it? I dont want to risk having any weak genetics that would have any chance of bringing pest.
This is an interesting part of the genetics of cannabis. It's not a good thing in general to get seeds in flower that's supposed to be high quality sinsemilla. With that said, some of the legendary strains in the history of breeding have been from bag seed or came from hermie plants. Chemdog came from bagseed and most stories around the original Sour Diesel was a hermie pollination. Most likely carrying that gene from whatever parent plants Chemdog has. Without Chemdog we most likely would not have nearly as many of these strains up over 20-25%+ THC.

I think that's a big reason Beleaf and Seed Junky are getting these crazy frosty strains. They're working with mutant femmed hermie plants that do carry the high resin production genes, but also are more likely to get inconsistent dud plants. I feel like you only see one good picture from one good plant in their rooms. Their base genetics for pretty much everything they do are GSC and Chemdog. White Truffle is a phenohunt from another grower who crossed Dosidos to GG. OG Kush came from a Chemdog cross. GSC came from OG Kush. 80% of the market is GSC crosses including Apple Fritter. I'm curious what some folks think of this. There's essentially two "female" parents which leads to the increased resin production.

So to answer your question, it's really up to you for what you're trying to get out of your grow. If you're not looking for consistency, anything in particular really, have space, time, and money for the grow and want to possibly get something that's crazy frosty, I say send it. Just got to pay attention constantly throughout the grow for male pollen sacs if you don't want any more seeds, maybe you do. That's a really cool aspect of cannabis growing, there's so many strains out there with multiple different phenotypes that you can grow in various ways successfully!

There's also the option of buying a clone and knowing actually what you're gonna grow will be fire. @ImpulsiveGrower & @Trustfall are great sources on this forum.

Last edited:
Sunasun

Sunasun

I'm growing my first bag seed, and almost 5 weeks after sprouting, it looks like it's been flowering almost 2 weeks now. Lol, Auto Flowers are great. Oh well, maybe it'll be good like the smoke it came from.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Bag seeds are great. Good chance it’s a quality bean. I’ve had wonderful luck running them. Just sucks when it turns out to be an auto…..

Sunasun

Sunasun

Bag seeds are great. Good chance it’s a quality bean. I’ve had wonderful luck running them. Just sucks when it turns out to be an auto…..
Yeah, the plan was for me to clone it for my friend to grow out as his first. I have a couple GDP photos that I'll clone one of for him instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom