• Thread starter Newishgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Right, so zip them with some air in?
well i guess kinda.. just try to be gentle.. obviously a little bit of air will be present., but try to push some out, probably more important to be real gentle once frozen.. jars might be better as it’ll be easier to wash out trichomes that have fallen off with some ice water and dump into washer, a bag maybe more difficult..

Glassdub

Glassdub

well i guess kinda.. just try to be gentle.. obviously a little bit of air will be present., but try to push some out, probably more important to be real gentle once frozen.. jars might be better as it’ll be easier to wash out trichomes that have fallen off with some ice water and dump into washer, a bag maybe more difficult..
Would half gal jars be ok or would that be too much per jar?

MEGA956

MEGA956

When is the best time to harvest for bubble hash? Milky trichomes or amber? @GNick55 @Trash_2002

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
When is the best time to harvest for bubble hash? Milky trichomes or amber? @GNick55 @Trash_2002
well do what you want but traditional hashish was generally made with mostly amber compared to milky.. but that’s for dry sifting.. it’s about the longer you can cure it the better it is to work with after as it’s given time to ripen..
your all good whatever you choose..

Glassdub

Glassdub

I was really afraid I wouldn't be able to fit the cut in my freezer but I made it in 10 half gallons & I quart, hope it's cold enough, I'm not sure what temperature it should be & still trying to figure out the dry ice ratio, the jars are about between 90&100 grams wet in the half gallon jars.

IMG 20231118 111638
IMG 20231118 172839
Glassdub

Glassdub

I'm about ready to do this do you think one jar to 2 lbs of dry ice would do?

Glassdub

Glassdub

In retrospect I don't know if the plexiglass is needed seems like the table would have been fine alone as it scratches and I'm worried about residue.
Also how long should it dry on the parchment it seems to be pretty dry as is?

IMG 20231216 180451
S

storz

I know I am late to this thread. My 2 centavos since all I use is hashish.

I have made in with bubble bags and from dry sieve as well. I have used dry ice using both methods. BTW, I think it works the best.

Bubble bags do give you more end product.

I have used dried product and freshly harvested using both methods.

I like and only use freshly harvested bud now for both dry sieve and bubble bags. I feel that the wet weed is less prone to macerating during the process so I get less micro leaf pieces in the final product.

If I use bubble bags I stir up the ice, water and bud in a 5 gal bucket then pour that into the first strainer bag of 220 microns lined in another 5 gal bucket along with other micron backs lined in it as well. . I used to agitate the ice,water, and bud in the 220 bag, along with the other micron bags in the same bucket, but found I had to buy another 220 bag in a couple years bc the process was too hard on the inside of the bag. I use a drill with a paint mixing extension on it. Use plastic paddled mixer not a metal bladed one.

I do not do 2nd or 3rd passes bc I dont want leaf material in my hashish.

Also, the end product can have a slight green tint to it. Place in the sun or under your led light for several hours and the chlorophyll will oxidize into a light golden color.

Dont forget to press you product after drying into a brick or puck so it can be stored in the freezer if needed.

Hope this helps. Sorry if I repeated info already posted.

Last edited:
S

storz

I use the bubble bags when it is hot outside and I dont mind getting wet. I use a Bubble Bowl (160 micron) with dry ice when it is cold outside. Not sure if Bubble Bowls are still available.

Glassdub

Glassdub

S

storz

not sure what you mean by gallons....... how much bud did you start with and how much hashish did you produce?

How long did it take you?

Very nice results! Good job.

Glassdub

Glassdub

not sure what you mean by gallons....... how much bud did you start with and how much hashish did you produce?

How long did it take you?

Very nice results! Good job.
Look back the thread, I fresh froze to half gal jars (mostly, 10 & one quart) I only used 4 today so I'm not done.

Glassdub

Glassdub

8 grams of Acapulco Gold hash pressed from 4 half gallon jars of fresh frozen, think I'm going to finish the final six and one quarts this weekend.

IMG 20231219 102249
IMG 20231219 102032
IMG 20231219 100437
IMG 20231219 095204
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Taste good? How’s it burn in a pipe? Are you happy with the result? I’ve only dry sifted. Looks like it pressed pretty easy.

Top Bottom