RDWC TOP FEED ADVICE PLEASE

• Thread starter Monkeybigbuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Monkeybigbuds

Monkeybigbuds

Good evening fellow growers first grow in RDWC I need advice on the top feeder I have put drip feeder on see pic because the flow rate was to fast I’ve had pump on low but still to much I think am I right or do you put it in stones without dripper on ??

Also I’m wanting to possibly move the feed tank outside of tent to keep it cooler say where 25lt black bucket on pic is am I right in thinking I can do that as long as pipe work is all same level? Thank you

Rdwc top feed advice please
Rdwc top feed advice please 2
Bilber

Bilber

Good question.....I'm sorry I've not taken that road yet....I'm jumping 👇

Monkeybigbuds

Monkeybigbuds

Ive taken drippers off I looking back now I think you need the flow rate high to get the RDWC circulating the water better than a drip 💧 will keep you updated going to give it a go

K

Kamisama

I think point of RDWC is faster mixing of nutrients in connected buckets and additional oxygenation of water, if air pump will suddenly stop working. I ve made this on the side of each buckets at same height as net pot inside, so when pump will go in cycles, flow will hit the net pot inside, if I want or add additional fitting to directly get water onto surface of water in bucket.

I want roots going down as fast as possible...
U should use wider tubes for connection of buckets, at least 5cm or the best 10cm because roots could clog it.
Good choice with smaller net pots... I d go even smaller than yours now but already made holes :D
Will do next time LPA (well 10 bars pressure tank) with like 9cm or smaller net pots...

Last edited:
Monkeybigbuds

Monkeybigbuds

I think point of RDWC is faster mixing of nutrients in connected buckets and additional oxygenation of water, if air pump will suddenly stop working. I ve made this on the side of each buckets at same height as net pot inside, so when pump will go in cycles, flow will hit the net pot inside, if I want or add additional fitting to directly get water onto surface of water in bucket.

I want roots going down as fast as possible...
U should use wider tubes for connection of buckets, at least 5cm or the best 10cm because roots could clog it.
Good choice with smaller net pots... I d go even smaller than yours now but already made holes :D
Will do next time LPA (well 10 bars pressure tank) with like 9cm or smaller net pots...

Monkeybigbuds

Monkeybigbuds

Just an update on the girls they seem to be enjoying their new home. Growing nicely in 3 days since putting them in the rdwc system what you guys think
IMG 3716

A

AZreefer

Im building myself a similar system based on years of slow planning and research. This is not applied knowledge and based entirely on design diffrrences between what you have and what im building.

Im putting the resivor out of the tent and putting a large ventilation system in. I will be using much larger pipe for the return plumbing (2.5").

Im going to follow you because i need a support web of hydro growers.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
My ex friend from the hydro shop tried dwc his plants were crap as when new stuff came in the shop he’d use it and never mastered anything before trying the next thing

so I’d love to see a decent dwc grow

Hes a ex friend as the stupid mf stabbed his gf in the neck

A

AZreefer

My ex friend from the hydro shop tried dwc his plants were crap as when new stuff came in the shop he’d use it and never mastered anything before trying the next thing

That got dark pretty quick.

Monkeybigbuds

Monkeybigbuds

Im building myself a similar system based on years of slow planning and research. This is not applied knowledge and based entirely on design diffrrences between what you have and what im building.

Im putting the resivor out of the tent and putting a large ventilation system in. I will be using much larger pipe for the return plumbing (2.5").

Im going to follow you because i need a support web of hydro growers.
Yes I’m already thinking of moving feeder tank out of tent for temp reasons. Water temp is going up to 23c they don’t like that I let it get to 22c tops then have to put ice packs in to bring temp down can’t afford a cooler but I’m loving looking after the lady’s

A

AZreefer

@Teslajuana
This guy has a sucessful rdwc grow

Latest posts

Top Bottom