Recommendations on the best grow tent & lights

• Thread starter Omaha101
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

Omaha101

What are everyone's best recommendations on grow tent brands... I'm planning on buying a 3x3x6 tent. Also what about lights as well?

P

ProfessorIndica

Best bang for your Buck is medic row smart 8 plus, with coupon code its 100$ off.

Its perfect fir 4x4, 5x5.

Tents will be ac infinity and gorilla. Both 2000d. The thickest on the market

Medigow is going to ve Best bang for buck in any flavor, followed by mars se series with 301, then spider farmer with 301's.

Buy it once, buy it right 😉

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
What are everyone's best recommendations on grow tent brands... I'm planning on buying a 3x3x6 tent.
Any of the market leaders would be a good choice. These include AC Infinity, Spider Farmer, Gorilla, Vivosun, etc. Something to consider other than the size is the placement of ports used for venting and wires. Make sure their placement works for the space your tent will be in.

Also what about lights as well?
For a 3x3 tent, a 240-watt light is about the right size. So, for example, a ViparSpectra XS2000 would work well. AC Infinity's T33 is designed for a 3x3 tent, but it's a bit more costly. Once again, a light from any of the market leaders would be a good choice.

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

I won't get into brands. It tends to start arguments, and I've had premium brands that under-performed and less-premium brands that were great. For tents, here are the features I'd focus on. First and foremost: height. Indoors, we're always fighting for height. At every tent footprint, 6 feet tall is better than 5 feet tall, and 7 feet tall is better than 6. Next: accessibility. It won't be a huge deal in a 3x3, but it's really nice to have doors/access from the sides. In 4x4s and larger, and especially if you're scrogging, it's a requirement, unless you want to have to crawl around like an alligator. I'm too old for that. You want metal corners, not plastic. Thicker gauge poles are better than thinner gauge poles. Even the most expensive tents will have pinhole light leaks, so get a bottle of black gel nail polish, or blackout drapes.

For lights, I want a broad spectrum white light with sufficient power (at least 30W/ft² of LED if you're running soil), the same shape as the tent footprint (square light for a square tent), and for the fixture to cover as much of the footprint as possible. A 300W light that's eight inches from all four walls won't light the corners as well as a 300W light that's almost touching the walls. I want a continuous dimmer, so if the plants want 65% intensity, I don't have to over- or under-light them. I want a detachable driver, so I can move it out of the tent in the summer to bring the temps down.

Opinions vary. Hope that helps.

Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

I got a vivosun 4x8 and due to their careless stitching it's a pain in my ass to unzip the door every single time.

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

I had to go with gorilla for 2 of my tents with height extensions cause of low ceilings in the basement. One thing I really hate about these tents is having the center zipper that meets in the middle. The design sucks and its a constant battle trying to get it zipped back up

Newty

Newty

My AC Infinity tent is much higher quality then the Spider Farmer Pro Grade. The SF duct ports don't shut the best, the material rips easy when trying to draw it in as tight as you want. I didn't have light leaks on the 6" duct port but that was because the duct port was extremely tight on the ACI 6" duct before tightening but for the ones I ran cords through I had to play around with it for awhile before I couldn't see light. The viewing windows and passive flaps have light leaks around the velcro, I run an active intake so I taped them. The 6" duct I ran my 4" intake duct through had no light leaks but if I ran a cord through it also, the duct port would light leak. The zipper is nice though and I like that SaaAF offers an over sized 2x4.

ACI, no light leaks out of the box and I like the look and feel of the material a lot more.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
What are everyone's best recommendations on grow tent brands... I'm planning on buying a 3x3x6 tent. Also what about lights as well?
Honestly a tent is a tent... the light is what makes or breaks you... I have a tent and non tent grow area...

But the top shelf tent brand is gorilla tents...

As for light 3x3x6 I'd look for a 400 watt led

lenhug

lenhug

Another shout out here for AC Infinity. It's just very well made gear, decent value and excellent customer service.

Highly recommend their all in one grow tent kits if just starting out. Good value and quality, imo. I've gone from their 3x3 all in one to now their 5x5 tent but a different light (Mammoth).

Like already said though the light is more important than the tent. Don't skimp here.

But opinions obviously vary so I would highly recommend researching and reading up on all brands mentioned in the thread so far. You can't go far wrong with most of the well known ones.

P

phillyguy

This is my first tent. I went AC Infinity for my 3x3 tent. For lighting I have a Mars Hydro TS3000 450W light. With a 4x4 flower area which I felt was good for my 3x3. The light seems huge in my tent. It is a refurbished light that I felt I got a decent deal on. I don't feel my tent is to short but it's some of my first grows. The tent seems well made. It does have some zipper light leaks but not bad.im definitely taking the exhaust out and putting it on top of the tent. Wish I had done this in the beginning.

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

I just looked it up, even for a 3x3 gorilla still maintains the center zipper design.. Horrible design and completely unnecessary for such a small tent. Unless you have height issues like I do, I would stay far away from gorilla tents..

3 x3 gorilla grow tent 1 2 1000x

Top Bottom