Road Kill Skunk - Ester Alcohols, Train-wreck and the Catpiss Connection

• Thread starter Backyard_Boogie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Hey bud, I know this is an old read and thread but my first seed purchase was Trainwreck from New420guy seed co. I’m not lying when I say as I was reading your story I thought you were describing my plant to the tee!!!! The catpiss ammonia smell is what nailed it 🥵 His version was pollinated by an Ak47 male. It’s the only version I’ve ever grown of this strain but it’s a dead ringer for what you’re describing. I think they are F6’s now. Check him out 💯👊🏻
Thats so crazy you say that bro. I have a pack of his Trainwreck that Im gonna run this summer. So awesome Im stoked now! Thank you so much for following my super long thread!!! 🙏

Last edited:
W

Wheezy420

Thats so crazy you say that bro. I have a pack of his Trainwreck that Im gonna run this summer. So awesome Im stoked now! Thank you so much for following my super long thread!!! 🙏
No problem!!! I ended up taking two clones off my girl that was outside. I had to have been lucky as this was my third plant and first ever from seed. The mother couldn’t shine cause of her location so I clipped two cuttings and moved them inside. They had very vine like growth. I have a diary on Growdiaries under Mule420 if you wanna see them. I truly believe you’ll be happy with his version . These were my third grow ever so there’s definitely room for improvement 💯👊🏻

IMG 2333
IMG 2332
IMG 2331
Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

No problem!!! I ended up taking two clones off my girl that was outside. I had to have been lucky as this was my third plant and first ever from seed. The mother couldn’t shine cause of her location so I clipped two cuttings and moved them inside. They had very vine like growth. I have a diary on Growdiaries under Mule420 if you wanna see them. I truly believe you’ll be happy with his version . These were my third grow ever so there’s definitely room for improvement 💯👊🏻
Hell yeah bro! You did great for a new grower. Excellent job! 👌

Rooke

Rooke

Nothing is ahead.

Circumstance, prohibits growing anything at this moment. But I wasnt going to let the genetics, get away.

Ive got a ton, of seeds on tap.

I did just give a buddy, an original pack, of Reeferman Willie Nelson, and 2 have popped. Out of 4. Shells are really hard. Hes going to start the other 6, and may already have. Hes in Cali. Im in Ky. A very, unfriendly state.
Hes trying to do a seed increase.

Hell yeah cuz!! Love the old school strains!! 💯👊🏻
I lost track of these a week ago. Found them in time to start them I’m soooo happy to try these outdoors!!

H

hippyt

I know opinions vary on this subject. That cat piss smell is where it's at and I don't mean the smell of moldy weed that was jarred wet.
When things become federal legal it will be back like it never left.
When federal legal comes and tissue culture companies that can be trusted start to appear, it will be popped.
The guys back east, in places most don't want to go, got it. Copperhead road ring a bell?
There are old school cats sitting on it right now and that could care less about the world and what it wants.
People who's world view is so different from people today, one would be hard pressed to find common ground to even start the conversation.
They are the ones with that sweet 70 Hemi Challenger RT convertible rusting out back that they refuse to sell, though you offered them 10x what its worth.
They would slam the door in your face just for looking that deep at their property.
Yes sir absolutely a lot more people than you guys think I know a few people in southern Illinois Kentucky area and they do got it and it's still like it was but the stuff dosnt do what it used too it's like a landrace in a sensebit really hasn't evolved I'm talking 10-15 THC 15 is generous but it smells like a dead skunks ass you hold a bud and you wanna wash your hands they will smell so good for 10-15 min. People are gonna breed everything that's why people say Trainwreck I've heard because it's in trainwrecks genes all the 10000 other strains I've been breeding for 5 years now and i kunda think for most of the population has locally shit i have a hard time finding chem dawg in colorado back in early 90 s boulder colorado that stuff was way above its time so when looking for the old skunk go with a landrace hindu kush try tofind some landrace thai or Colombian and cross the one thing is that old skunnk death lovely coughfit smoke was a cross itself just a thought start from scratch good luck in your search

I

Infusd

81 heirloom skunk,
I’ll be pulling clones,
These will be flipped to flower in the next couple weeks,
Clones will be ran outdoors also this summer:)View attachment 2154701View attachment 2154702View attachment 2154703View attachment 2154704
This is one of the skunks that I remember in the 80s & early 90s. I'm guessing that they vary slightly depending on region. Up in the northeast and down in the mountains our "roadkill" skunk was a short indica that finished quick (60 day ish flower) due to the cold temps that come early October. Very similar leaves.

It's the most elusive skunk for me but I know it's still around. I've been asking everybody for theirs and their families old skunk seeds (or clones.) I've seen it growing in person, and I've smoked it a lot. My buddies and their families grew it. It was never called roadkill but that's what it smelled like. We have lots of skunks in the area and it smelled exactly like a skunk that got run over.

Anybody that still has it, is rarely on any forums talking about it. Most of the old heads will pass it down to their kids. It's legal here now, but a lot of us still don't talk about anything. It was our way of life, and we protected it at all costs. It's in the places where you could grow it and nobody was around.

I

Infusd

I've been doing some digging for the "roadkill" skunk and I was able to come across some very rare finds. I was just asking everybody for seeds or clones of their skunk from around here (northeast) and as I was talking to somebody about it, I got a notification.

Turns out, my friends (who own a dispensary on one of the native reservations) just so happened to have clones and teens for sale at their dispensary. I've known their family for most of my adult life, they're awesome people and have deep roots in the culture. This came right from the family. I told them to hold the clones for me but they were already gone. Well the family member ended up bringing me another teen, so I grabbed 2 teens of the 90s (super) skunk.

I can't guarantee anything yet, but on the ride with the plants, all I could smell was a skunk. I've been around plants my whole life, and they might have a fresh smell and you could tell it was weed in veg, but they don't stink like this unless flowering. Got it back to a safe place and scraped the stem (didn't know that was a thing) and it smells foul. You can smell the plant but it smells like a skunk.

Not sure if they're the same pheno, so I'll keep both as moms and run clones of them side by side.

There were at least 2 or 3 different "roadkill" skunks around here in the 80s/90s. I believe this is the first of the 3. Will keep you all updated.

IMG 20240429 163856
20240429 214605
20240429 214249
Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

I've been doing some digging for the "roadkill" skunk and I was able to come across some very rare finds. I was just asking everybody for seeds or clones of their skunk from around here (northeast) and as I was talking to somebody about it, I got a notification.

Turns out, my friends (who own a dispensary on one of the native reservations) just so happened to have clones and teens for sale at their dispensary. I've known their family for most of my adult life, they're awesome people and have deep roots in the culture. This came right from the family. I told them to hold the clones for me but they were already gone. Well the family member ended up bringing me another teen, so I grabbed 2 teens of the 90s (super) skunk.

I can't guarantee anything yet, but on the ride with the plants, all I could smell was a skunk. I've been around plants my whole life, and they might have a fresh smell and you could tell it was weed in veg, but they don't stink like this unless flowering. Got it back to a safe place and scraped the stem (didn't know that was a thing) and it smells foul. You can smell the plant but it smells like a skunk.

Not sure if they're the same pheno, so I'll keep both as moms and run clones of them side by side.

There were at least 2 or 3 different "roadkill" skunks around here in the 80s/90s. I believe this is the first of the 3. Will keep you all updated.
This is awesome brother! I’ve been hunting for the real skunk for many years have’t quite found what I smoked roughly 20 years ago. Nothing compares. I truly hope you found some real skunk with this one🤞. Keep us posted!

shaganja

shaganja

What you got on stem rub, and leaf smell?

I

Infusd

This is awesome brother! I’ve been hunting for the real skunk for many years have’t quite found what I smoked roughly 20 years ago. Nothing compares. I truly hope you found some real skunk with this one🤞. Keep us posted!
I posted this on ICMAG as well, so I'll just copy my posts on both places.

Glad to share this with everybody. I'm another person who misses that old skunk. After seeing all the posts all over the web about it, some going back to the mid 2000s, I had no clue it was so highly sought after.

I figured I was misremembering the leaves, and the smell could be contributed to all weed smelling like skunk anyways. I remember seeing the plants growing when I was a teenager, and I smoked a lot of it. But that was 30 years ago, so my memory could be slightly off. I was ready to be wrong. After all the reading, I know that I'm not the only one who remembers it the way I do.

Here's my best conclusion. There was never a strain called roadkill skunk. People just use that name to tell it apart from the sweet skunks, or try to sell seeds or clones, or at worst as scam bait. But if you've ever smelled a skunk (my dog just got sprayed by one), that smell is unmistakable. Same as that old school ganja we all remember.

To my knowledge and experience, I'm guessing there are 3 different versions worthy of the name roadkill skunk. They might be related, might be different phenos, or might be completely separate lineage.

1. The first roadkill. Late 70s early 80s. Sativa dominant. Long flowering.

2. Northeast / east coast roadkill. Indica dominant. Short flowering. Late 70s-80s, still around in the 90s (possibly the super skunk indica dominant pheno, or the precursor)

3. 90s roadkill - which I believe to be Super Skunk. Sativa dominant.

I believe I have found 2 of the 3 so far. Won't know until I flower them.

Top Bottom