Road Kill Skunk - Ester Alcohols, Train-wreck and the Catpiss Connection

• Thread starter Backyard_Boogie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

Infusd

I used to trade bonds and have a serious bullshit detector.
SSSC is, for the most part, fos.
That doesn't mean Katsu didn't get legit skunk clones from them.
The proof will be in the pudding, but there is a reason Katsu's 79 sold out in minutes and SSSC still has a seemingly endless supply.
I've also followed all those reviews - after the '79 clone review (which was $400 btw, more reason to up instantly.
Not too tough to make the call. I bought a pack of the crosses from them but don't want to waste my time.
Time to get that bullshit detector calibrated ;) Haha I'm just messing with ya. I appreciate your observations and glad to hear your perspective. They very well could be fos. If that's the case, I don't see them even having the real clone to pass off though. If they're partially fos, then maybe the clone was real, and maybe their beans are. Only time will tell.

I can't vouch for either of the breeders other than the reviews, and both seem to have good reviews with very little negative info. (Although I did see a few things about SSSC on the forums, which brings some skepticism.) Katsu's beans @$100 for 6 is pretty steep as well. $400 for a clone is high, but I've seen clones go for $1k-$10k too. Regardless, many people have sold a dream of skunk and came up short. This is just the next chapter in the story, and I'm looking at it objectively

M

mono414

Time to get that bullshit detector calibrated ;) Haha I'm just messing with ya. I appreciate your observations and glad to hear your perspective. They very well could be fos. If that's the case, I don't see them even having the real clone to pass off though. If they're partially fos, then maybe the clone was real, and maybe their beans are. Only time will tell.

I can't vouch for either of the breeders other than the reviews, and both seem to have good reviews with very little negative info. (Although I did see a few things about SSSC on the forums, which brings some skepticism.) Katsu's beans @$100 for 6 is pretty steep as well. $400 for a clone is high, but I've seen clones go for $1k-$10k too. Regardless, many people have sold a dream of skunk and came up short. This is just the next chapter in the story, and I'm looking at it objectively
Why so passively insulting?
Katsu is at a different level than SSSC - if you don't understand that than your objectivity needs calibration.
Katsu's reputation is not in question here.

I

Infusd

Ah what the hell, lets toss some of these into the showdown. These are some big ass beans, so that is in line with the stories of Skunk seeds. Popped them in h2o2 + water (1:15 ratio)

Here's the match up:

90s Super Skunk Clone (30yr old genetics)
"Roadkill" Skunk Clone (40yr old genetics)
'79 Heirloom Skunk S1 from SSSC (not Katsu)

20240509 224653
20240509 225230
I

Infusd

Why so passively insulting?
Katsu is at a different level than SSSC - if you don't understand that than your objectivity needs calibration.
Katsu's reputation is not in question here.
Why so defensive bud? I'm just saying if the source is in question, anything derived would then be questionable.

Stokes

Stokes

You got me curious about sunshine state seeds and i cant find a website to see their lineup. Are they still in operation?

Stokes

Stokes

Im looking forward to running something by Katsu. Only been growing a few years, still dont know dick about most quality breeders. Kicking myself for all the seeds i bought from white label companies and overlooked him looking for hype strains lol

Stokes

Stokes

M

mono414

Good man. Thank you.

Does the breeders plants typically grow to description? Have no problem paying for quality genetics, but if i dropped $200 and got citrus id be absolutely devastated lol
My suggestion is to get on the Katsu waitlist for both. FWIW

M

mono414

Good man. Thank you.

Does the breeders plants typically grow to description? Have no problem paying for quality genetics, but if i dropped $200 and got citrus id be absolutely devastated lol
I can send you the SSSC reg crosses (10) if you'd like - I won't be using them so maybe a riskless alternative for now.

Stokes

Stokes

I can send you the SSSC reg crosses (10) if you'd like - I won't be using them so maybe a riskless alternative for now.

That would be great thanks. I will send you a list from my limited arsenal to see if theres anything that grabs your interest

Latest posts

Top Bottom