root burn

• Thread starter link
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

link

can roots burn in grow bags? have some in 20 gallon and 30 gallon bags. when i planted some i noticed soil hot, hotter than ive ever noticed before. Any ideas what could be causing this? Do i need or should i be worried?

little backround: outside grow , reg. watering, greenhouse atmosphere. just got over a little heatwave, but i still dont think the roots should have been that hot.

F

FastForward

I had browning roots and it was root temps for me, although I was doing hydro at the time (res temps too high caused high root mass temps, caused browning and stunted growth). The good news was that once I fixed it the roots recovered and they're nice and healthy. I used H202, Hygrozyme and Rhizotonic to help the damaged roots. Maybe you can tke your plants out of the direct sun for a few hours, or even day or so, just to help take down the root temps? Or try covering them with some reflective material? (black inside, white out?)

S

smokeyla1

i dont think roots can burn especially in the center the "root ball", but I dont grow outdoors either. They can turn brown from being to wet for extended periods or possible high nutes or wrong ph

Top Bottom