Seed germination, How do You start seeds?

• Thread starter connoisseurde420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

So I haven't popped beans in a while, feeling kinda nervous. I don't want to mess up these precious mmj genetics. I spent a good amount of cash on genetics this summer. So I'm doing my homework and theres not much recent info on germination here. Should he a sticky maybe, being how there are seed drops here. : ) I had good luck in the past but I have changed alot of things since then. Here's what I plan to do: moist paper towel till they crack, plant in promix with caps bennies powder, water with 200 ppm grow, then teas till they get strong enough to be feed. probably one gals or solo cups. its cold (65-75) in my room so I will have them on a heat mat inside domes to make sure they don't get chilly. How do You start seeds?

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

You got it. Just put those babies in a damp paper towel or cheese cloth. Then put the paper towel in a sandwich bag and leave the bag open do not seal it then throw them in a cupboard. They should pop in a few days. Once they pop put them in a solo cup with promix like you said add a little water after you got them in the dirt and put under a T5. Should start getting action after that!!!

Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

two paper towels dampened put inside a clear Tupperware box, another paper towel also dampened put on top of seeds so there is surface contact.
Lid on loosely. Warm dark place for 24-48 hours, when taproot showing at least a cm they go into PH'd 5.1 ish rockwool cubes until they have roots and ready for a transplant into coco with a touch of Rhizitonic or something similar.

soserthc1

soserthc1

place several paper towels down - use tap water as the minerals in it are beneficial to germination
add seeds to towel - cover with a few more towel - fold ends - mark strain - put in zip lock bag
add to top of fridge or hot water heater - check in 36 hrs should be starting to germ - check after 48 should all be germed
if not scoff with sand paper add back maybe a little more water - close to 100% germ rate - here 16/16 last germ
final step - razor blade and help start if that don't work in a week to 10 days - toss

below frigid

below frigid

I am with Camdawg, I use the solo cups but some are red and some are blue. Sorry? I also use Light Warrior instead of Promix. I fill the bottom of the cup with 707 and the to third with the Light Warrior. Make a hole 1/2 inch deep and make sure you put the seed in with the point side ways. Cove and water real good and put them somewhere thats not too cold. Leave them alone. They should be up before you have to water again. If they can't make it up without having to baby them along I don't want them anyway. Seeds should pop if you sneeze on them! I have 95 + % success rate and pretty much a 100% with seeds I create. No domes no mats. Go to the Mandala seeds sight there is some good info there on germinating seeds.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

thanks guys. they are in a paper towel, inside a bag cracked open so they dont go dry on me. I remember soaking but read some things about rot and that it only helps old seeds with less moisture in them.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

I made it happen guys! thanks for the replies. All input helped. Ill be planting tonite..
Tmp IMAG0510162945408

iCultivate

iCultivate

Looking great mate.

Paper towels are simple, effective and let's you monitor the progress of the seeds perfectly.

-- iCultivate --

NagaKing

NagaKing

I just pop them straight into soil usually.
Sometimes I do paper towels on more precious seeds.
Many ways to skin a cat and they all seem as effective.

lucky weed

lucky weed

thanks guys. they are in a paper towel, inside a bag cracked open so they dont go dry on me. I remember soaking but read some things about rot and that it only helps old seeds with less moisture in them.
they're doing fine mate. just remember not to allow the paper towels to get dry. keep it moistened but not too much water coz it may cause molds

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

So I had.a bit of a fail planting these seeds :/ several I think got planted too deep. A couple did nothing more than crack. One got rot from the stem after it came up. I had them in a dome on a heater. I originally had vents closed, until they popped up then all open, but still using the dome. Now its ccompletely off so no more should rot. So many lessons learned! Gives me a reason to keep practicing and get more seeds. lol. So sad tho, never know what could have been locked away in there... Next time I'm going to plant in rw instead of paper towel, I really don't like moving the seedlings by hand but I like to see the progress so it seems a compromise. Here's the 5 that are left.

Tmp IMAG0516 1727203413
Slowitdown

Slowitdown

Those 5 look good, they are going to make it! But there is nothing wrong with starting in paper towel I always do it and have 95% success rate. Just use those medical gloves when you are moving them to the dirt and they will be fine. Cheesecloth works good to but paper towel is just fine.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

not bad for how long its been since I messed with beans. I got more to practice on, its way more enjoyable than going for clones at some shop. didn't expect to be so excited, or so sad when I lost some lol

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

What strand is that you got going anyway I forgot to ask you?

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

this is white fire alien og. made a thread asking info about them gonna document their growth over there with updates as they grow up all the wat thru flower..

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

that's what I hear. never had white fire or any of the alien strains so I'm juiced for sure. after this i have purple dawg x crystal ship and gsc s1. thinking about bog strains and some divine gsc crosses...lol gonna go broke

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

purple dawg x crystal ship what seedbank did you get this cross?

Top Bottom