• Tagged users None
Dr.Ozzy

Dr.Ozzy

...vigorous girl from the very beginning...helmet head😆
PXL 20210903 032343977PORTRAIT

Rama777

Rama777

So about germination issues..

I sprout over 20 thousand seeds in starter trays each year for my farm. They all have their habits and needs but pot seeds seem as easy as any.

In my opinion, 75-84 degrees tops at no more than 3/5 of an inch deep in soil should give you 100% germination of healthy seeds. I’d advise 1/4-1/2”, erring on the 1/2” side as long as the soil stays moist on top. If you have too much air circulation, put some plastic wrap on top of your germinating pot. I sprouted this batch in as little as shy of 48 hours. If you’re under 75 degrees, put the starter pots on top of your fridge. You’ll get closer to 80 up there.

Oh and don’t over-wet the medium. If you dig around and find mush that didn’t germinate, too wet is the bigger culprit than temperatures.

Here’s my mystical 2 cents on the paper towel method that could be totally bogus.

There is consensus that C section babies are at higher risk for various health related issues. Babies are “inoculated” with microbes while passing through the vaginal canal. Being deprived of them is what is believed to be the issue.

Apply that to your seeds ;)

Last edited:
GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
Pot plants are sensitive little buggers! My seedlings droop after I water, but I’m not watering too soon. I suppose then I’m just giving them too much water at a time?View attachment 2095424
Overwatering will cause them to droop. They don't need a lot just enough to get them through the stage. I water mine til moist not soaking wet. But I'm also in a bigger pot and have to take care that I get the water to the little roots and not too much becuz then they will drown. I think you might be drowning them when you water. But I'm no expert.

Latest posts

Top Bottom