Setting Up With 2 Marshydro Ll 400watt Led

• Thread starter SKYWALKER420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
keiksweat

keiksweat

Hey there keiksweat, I have heard that same thing from a couple of master growers I will eventually get around to trying it! Thank you for your input. Also I have heard alot of growers say that the 3w version were better than 5w, I tried to get the 3w version but they said they didn't have any in the us warehouse. Knowing mars they only went to 5w to tear up quicker to get people to buy more lights or make money on shipping charges for parts!!! LOL
I turned the tables on them ,on their mars family thread.logic ended it in the end.they will not honour there warranty.its useless when it comes to getting lights swapped.
WP 20160214 19 38 06 Pro
WP 20160214 19 39 03 Pro

S

SKYWALKER420

I turned the tables on them ,on their mars family thread.logic ended it in the end.they will not honour there warranty.its useless when it comes to getting lights swapped.View attachment 575407 View attachment 575408
LOL yea they did it to themselves and even admitted they knew they had faulty products but shipped them out to be sold to unsuspecting people. They should be removed from all forums! They are basically targeting marjuaina growers in my opinion! Oh by the way very nice looking grow you got there! They look very happy in that setup!

keiksweat

keiksweat

LOL yea they did it to themselves and even admitted they knew they had faulty products but shipped them out to be sold to unsuspecting people. They should be removed from all forums! They are basically targeting marjuaina growers in my opinion! Oh by the way very nice looking grow you got there! They look very happy in that setup!
Thanks,I'm not happy unless I'm moving stuff around n trying new things.but yeah led does work well if you got enough penetration to get through the canopy.supplemental with metal halide works well.and uvb addition,definitely piles on the sticky bro.im next looking into led strips for right around the edges.then eventually build my own white power cob panels.really need to get electric bill down.i like how them suncloak systems work.wanna try n build my own version.

C

Cobaltcoyote

Yikes, I just looked up the mars hydro family thread. I had no idea they were passing faulty equipment. I purchased my lamps after September of '15 and haven't had any problems with either of my reflector 96 series. Besides for one lamp being bounced around in transit, I had to open it up and re secure the ballast. It ended up being really easy, and minus a little ding in the paint, both have been on 24/7 for veg or 12/12 for bloom with no issues for the better part of 6 months. Sad to hear people have been having trouble with the marshydro company, I had thought better of them until now.

S

SKYWALKER420

Hello again, just a quick update a couple of pictures of the autoflower grow I'm also doing. I did a little LST to see how it would turn out! I know there picky but we'll see. It's in a 2x2 tent and 3gal fabric pot with Mars ll 400watt led and a Mars 180watt ufo led. Hopefully it will turn out ok! Here is a couple of pictures. I'll update soon on the WW grow. Peace!

20160225 190608
20160225 190318
S

SKYWALKER420

Lol, well the autoflower didn't seem to mind a little LST! I got up this morning and here is what I found less than 12hrs it's already corrected it's self! LOL not what I was expecting but it definitely works!! Some of the inner branches grew almost 3in in length! Here is a couple of pictures. Till next time!

20160226 094935
20160226 094943
GrenMtnGreen

GrenMtnGreen

2 apollo leds 400,300 watt 3x3x6. Just setup a 2x4x6 with 2 classic mars 600 watts and a kessil h150 magenta. Both flowers tents. This is a pic of the apollo tent and the leds never fail me i have never used any HPS or MH. With my room temp at 62 the tent stays at a solid 77 degrees F.

Screen shot 2016 02 26 at 112243 AM
keiksweat

keiksweat

@keiksweat what kind of light is that tube light hanging from the middle of your tent?
its a reptile uvb light.i use for last 2-3 weeks.adds resin,I've used with and without,it defo works.ive got 2 screw in ones but someone borrowed em and not return.

GrenMtnGreen

GrenMtnGreen

like how long have you been using, also any other thing uve changed since youve supplemented this light????? curious are they cHeap????

GrenMtnGreen

GrenMtnGreen

i think my current setup is prime, ne more would be too much but that light caught my eye for sure, think its a neat idea..

keiksweat

keiksweat

i think my current setup is prime, ne more would be too much but that light caught my eye for sure, think its a neat idea..
yeah,the screw in ones are really cheap.the strip has a ballast so more expensive.i really do recommend the use at end of grow.be careful though ,uv is not good for us,so don't stay under it for long.look at California lightworks big 840 watt panel.ut has 2 uv tubes on a separate switch.also I'm after uva tube,as this keeps mold,fungus n stuff away,plants clean.they sell them now called uva clean lights.

S

SKYWALKER420

Hello quick update the WWs are doing well one is lagging behind do to some root issues but all is well now and plant growth has resumed Thankfully !!! Here are a couple of pictures. I'll update later on!

20160229 161619
20160229 161633
Sht2loud

Sht2loud

2 apollo leds 400,300 watt 3x3x6. Just setup a 2x4x6 with 2 classic mars 600 watts and a kessil h150 magenta. Both flowers tents. This is a pic of the apollo tent and the leds never fail me i have never used any HPS or MH. With my room temp at 62 the tent stays at a solid 77 degrees F.
Hey I'm debating on getting an led light and was wondering how well u yield? I want to get led lights but if it doesn't yield close to Wat a 400 hps does then I'll get the 400 watt hps. Im newer to growing so I'm just looking for some advice. And if anyone can recommend wat brand led to get Id be very greatful

GrenMtnGreen

GrenMtnGreen

Usually a 1/4 to a 1/2 in the 3x3 depending on the strain, and 1/4 to 6 to8 OZ on the 2x2. I baught cheap LEDS minus the KESSIL and they work for me. I cant imagine how well id do with good ones.... LEDS ARE THE FUTURE!!!!

Sht2loud

Sht2loud

Usually a 1/4 to a 1/2 in the 3x3 depending on the strain, and 1/4 to 6 to8 OZ on the 2x2. I baught cheap LEDS minus the KESSIL and they work for me. I cant imagine how well id do with good ones.... LEDS ARE THE FUTURE!!!!
I agree with you I'm an electrician and all we ever install anymore is led lights. That's really why I wanna go to led but the more I read on them on here I get kinda scared to use them. A lot of of different opinions on them. I'm not looking to spend a million dollars on a set up. I have a very basic setup and am doing decent with it. But want to get a better light and with the space I'm working with led would be perfect for temp. But I am just wondering if I would do that much better with led compared to buyin a hps/mh light.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Only 1 way to find out. You could always check out the old C13 threads and people pulling a pound out of them with a 400w.

keiksweat

keiksweat

I always
I agree with you I'm an electrician and all we ever install anymore is led lights. That's really why I wanna go to led but the more I read on them on here I get kinda scared to use them. A lot of of different opinions on them. I'm not looking to spend a million dollars on a set up. I have a very basic setup and am doing decent with it. But want to get a better light and with the space I'm working with led would be perfect for temp. But I am just wondering if I would do that much better with led compared to buyin a hps/mh light.
tell people,led to hid lighting.totally different animal all together.you feed them different,they act differently and they grow different.if you look over on my thread,I've just pulled my bare hps bulb,as all through last grow I was thinking,these buds look bigger than last led run.but when I chopped em I ended up with 7 and a half oz,and a large shoe box full of pop corn bud.and I lollipop the bottoms.I've noticed with led,the buds are a bit smaller.but there way more dense n heavy.ive done lots of test run now,and I'm sure of this,in my size grow.led pays off.im sure if I had space and cooling for 1000w de gavita lights id do way better still.it all comes down to the individual grow parameters.and as for mars hydro.they work well for the moneys,but the warranty ain't worth the paper its printed on.my next test runs will be,using lots of led strips for side lights.totally wrapping the plant in light.thats were its at in my eyes.and you don't need 2x 1000watt light bazookas' for that if you experiment a little.good luck,hope this helps you make the decision dude.

Latest posts

Top Bottom