She about ready to harvest?

• Thread starter Gameofminds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Gameofminds

This is the average bud in the bunch, and there's a little over 10% amber it looks like. Wait it out a little longer or chop her? She's startin to show curling and crisping on the upper leaves and I don't want it to die out and mold.
She about ready to harvest

She about ready to harvest 2
G

Gameofminds

The pics didn't show them very well but on a loupe you can see nothing bud cloudy whites and amber specs scattered about.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
This is the average bud in the bunch, and there's a little over 10% amber it looks like. Wait it out a little longer or chop her? She's startin to show curling and crisping on the upper leaves and I don't want it to die out and mold.
I wait till the pistils have all turned dark orange and wilted. It looks like there a still many white ones on your buds. When checking trichomes, be sure to check the ones on the buds, not the leaves. Your leaves look okay and turning fall colors is a normal part of the plant's old age. If you keep the humidity low, you shouldn't have a mold problem.

G

Gameofminds

I wait till the pistils have all turned dark orange and wilted. It looks like there a still many white ones on your buds. When checking trichomes, be sure to check the ones on the buds, not the leaves. Your leaves look okay and turning fall colors is a normal part of the plant's old age. If you keep the humidity low, you shouldn't have a mold problem.
makes sense. Also I guess I should have mentioned those are pics of the trichomes exclusively on the calyxes, it took me like 5 min to get a decent set of pictures in the right spots around the plant. I'd say the camera I have definitely shows increased light exposure, so there's a lot of white glare on the buds from the trichomes. These pics probably will give a better scope on those pistols, but you'll have a better eye than I for sure

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
makes sense. Also I guess I should have mentioned those are pics of the trichomes exclusively on the calyxes, it took me like 5 min to get a decent set of pictures in the right spots around the plant. I'd say the camera I have definitely shows increased light exposure, so there's a lot of white glare on the buds from the trichomes. These pics probably will give a better scope on those pistols, but you'll have a better eye than I for sure
Sounds good.

I don't look at the trichomes very much anymore. I mostly look at the pistils and the general condition of the buds. I specifically check for no white pistils at the very top of the colas. When the pistils have all turned dark orange and drooped, and there is no new growth, we harvest. We prefer a somewhat late harvest.

G

Gameofminds

Thank you! That definitely helps, I'll have to wait a bit longer until I'm not seeing anymore new growth

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Thank you! That definitely helps, I'll have to wait a bit longer until I'm not seeing anymore new growth
You're welcome. I think you have a few more weeks to go. Keep posting, though. There's plenty of help here.

Top Bottom