Shine some light on me!

• Thread starter BearWater
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Imho I categorize the LED spectrums as hype. And maybe not even viable spectrums. Sure a light can have a spectrum but is it effective or is it just the color? HIDs are the closest you're going to find to the actual sun but im not a scientist.

Example: many years ago green lights were a thing so people can turn them on during flower and do work in the dark. Turns out if it's not the right coating of green the plants think it's a regular white light. That's the whole reason I don't trust that spectrum talk. Until a legit scientist (not a salesmen) tells me LED spectrums are legit then I'll change my mind.

HPS ballasts are bulletproof. I still run one I bought in 2006 and have several more from the same timefeame in storage. Don't overthink it.
Hey that’s fair! Most of the videos i watched on YouTube seem to be folks selling the product or just running it and advertising it.

Im a super over thinker by default and very much to my own detriment. Ill do my best to keep it simple and logical. Thanks for all the info man!

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

This light is pretty amazing, you really can't beat it for the price
RDJ Bouns 2024 Fresh 720W LED Grow Light for 4x4 Grow Tent, Wide Body 6 Bar Grow Lights LM281B+ and EPI Diodes, Full Spectrum, with Sosen Driver, Daisy Chain Dimmable, Perfect for Indoor Garden https://a.co/d/euGIaDt

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
This is not great advice, cheap lights are fine but bluples are awful.
Find something in your price range and post it here before you buy. For large spaces the bar lights are the way to go.
This light is pretty amazing, you really can't beat it for the price
RDJ Bouns 2024 Fresh 720W LED Grow Light for 4x4 Grow Tent, Wide Body 6 Bar Grow Lights LM281B+ and EPI Diodes, Full Spectrum, with Sosen Driver, Daisy Chain Dimmable, Perfect for Indoor Garden https://a.co/d/euGIaDt
So whats the difference between the lm281b and 301?

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

its a slight difference in efficiency, i wouldnt worry too much about it, unless you plan on running large scale. This post goes into a little more detail

ACSippi

ACSippi

Blurples are to lighting as Nickleback is to rock and roll. People gonna hate because that's the cool thing to do.

Yeah, blurples wouldn't be my choice but I was just putting them out there as a cheap option (for people with limited funds) because like I said, I saw a friend put 7½ ounces on an Auto Diesel. I don't crap on blurples because some people have no choice, I don't want to make anyone feel bad.

Please read my whole post and put some thought into it before you go crapping on it, making it look like I give bad advice. My point is, any light will grow weed, it's best to splurge on more important things. 👍

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

Blurples are to lighting as Nickleback is to rock and roll. People gonna hate because that's the cool thing to do.

Yeah, blurples wouldn't be my choice but I was just putting them out there as a cheap option (for people with limited funds) because like I said, I saw a friend put 7½ ounces on an Auto Diesel. I don't crap on blurples because some people have no choice, I don't want to make anyone feel bad.

Please read my whole post and put some thought into it before you go crapping on it, making it look like I give bad advice. My point is, any light will grow weed, it's best to splurge on more important things. 👍
It is bad advice, sorry man, if you ask any long time member on hear they will say the same thing. You can buy good leds for the the same price as cheap bluples. When you grow 7ozs off one with a grow diary to show it, then I will change my mind

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Phlizon FD8000
Spider farmer SF4000
Spider farmer SE5000
This is not great advice, cheap lights are fine but bluples are awful.
Find something in your price range and post it here before you buy. For large spaces the bar lights are the way to
here’s three. I know the sf4000 isn’t the bar style but it looked worthy of tossing it in the ring. The phlizon doesn’t have the newer leds but is 1000 watts! The SE5000 wasn’t on sale and is lower wattage but has the newer leds from Samsung. 🤷‍♂️ if i had to pick one off my knowledge right now I’d go with the FD8000🤷‍♂️ is that the wrong decision?

ACSippi

ACSippi

It is bad advice, sorry man, if you ask any long time member on hear they will say the same thing. You can buy good leds for the the same price as cheap bluples. When you grow 7ozs off one with a grow diary to show it, then I will change my mind
That's cool, you don't know who I am, I understand your doubt. I'm not a forum grower, I'm a professional. You have nothing to debate with me about, I gave the guy  my personal advice, mentioned I'm not here to argue yet you don't want to read nor put thought into my posts before you criticize me. I'll stop typing since you can only read a couple sentences at a time. 👍

P.s I know your not reading this but when I personally saw, with my own eyes, 7½ ounces grown under a blurple, it changed my mind. Thats why i defend blurples. But like i said, read my whole post and youll see that blurples arnt even part of the convo. I know other professionals switching back to HIDs including MH. Why are we even arguing about blurples? Seems you found something to zero in on. Hopefully one day you will know hundreds of growers and see the amazing stuff they pull off.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Phlizon FD8000
Spider farmer SF4000
Spider farmer SE5000

here’s three. I know the sf4000 isn’t the bar style but it looked worthy of tossing it in the ring. The phlizon doesn’t have the newer leds but is 1000 watts! The SE5000 wasn’t on sale and is lower wattage but has the newer leds from Samsung. 🤷‍♂️ if i had to pick one off my knowledge right now I’d go with the FD8000🤷‍♂️ is that the wrong decision?
I forgot to add the KS5000 to that list. Lower wattage but has the newer Samsung diods AND is on the more economical side.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

Phlizon FD8000
Spider farmer SF4000
Spider farmer SE5000

Phlizon is a great light, if you search in the forums you can see some grow diary's on here with folks using them.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

That's cool, you don't know who I am, I understand your doubt. I'm not a forum grower, I'm a professional. You have nothing to debate with me about, I gave the guy  my personal advice, mentioned I'm not here to argue yet you don't want to read nor put thought into my posts before you criticize me. I'll stop typing since you can only read a couple sentences at a time. 👍

P.s I know your not reading this but when I personally saw, with my own eyes, 7½ ounces grown under a blurple, it changed my mind. Thats why i defend blurples. But like i said, read my whole post and youll see that blurples arnt even part of the convo. I know other professionals switching back to HIDs including MH. Why are we even arguing about blurples? Seems you found something to zero in on. Hopefully one day you will know hundreds of growers and see the amazing stuff they pull off.
Sorry man but I know plenty of growers, on here and in real life. Nobody is switching back to hps or mh, unless they need the extra heat in the winter. As a pro you should probably know that. You can get hundreds of of free hps lights here in Colorado, because nobody wants them. You are new here why not make a few posts and let some folks see your grows before you start making claims that goes against everything being done by home and professional growers.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
I’m getting ready to purchase a light! I have not made this decision lightly, lots of reading. One thing I cant get a lot of info on is the LIGHT CONTROLLERS. I want to get the Phlizon FD8000 and was recommended by another memeber to get the controller also. Can anyone explain to me like im a 5yr old what exactly this controller does? can you adjust each individual light spectrum? Or does it just make the light more dimibale friendly? Thank you reading and sorry if this is already out there in the forum. Didn’t see anything specifically on this topic. Thanks again!
The controller basicically gives you more Dimming options... the light itself has preset dimmer settings.. with controller you can fine tune your dimming... it also just reads out temps and humidity...

Phlizon does have samsung diodes... I have phlizon fd6500 and a miedicgrow ez8 with non Samsung diodes... both of lights can put out same yields...

I believe Phlizon fd series are great builds and great lights without spending an arm and leg on them!!!

For the fd8000 I would recommend a 6x6 with at least 7ft ceiling

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
The controller basicically gives you more Dimming options... the light itself has preset dimmer settings.. with controller you can fine tune your dimming... it also just reads out temps and humidity...

Phlizon does have samsung diodes... I have phlizon fd6500 and a miedicgrow ez8 with non Samsung diodes... both of lights can put out same yields...

I believe Phlizon fd series are great builds and great lights without spending an arm and leg on them!!!

For the fd8000 I would recommend a 6x6 with at least 7ft ceiling
Thanks for the reply JKash! yes my space will be 6’x8’ with 8‘ ceilings : ) eventually ill finish the entire room out to get the roughly 12x12 foot print at which point it would be nice to add a second FD80000 (That was my original plan) and boy do those change! Hahah. thank you For the insight!!

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
Thanks for the reply JKash! yes my space will be 6’x8’ with 8‘ ceilings : ) eventually ill finish the entire room out to get the roughly 12x12 foot print at which point it would be nice to add a second FD80000 (That was my original plan) and boy do those change! Hahah. thank you For the insight!!
So look into medic grow ez8... it's 1000w at the wall and can have a spread for a 6x6... the phlizon would be undercutting for the space you want in the end run... for a 12x
12.... I would run 2 of those for a 12x12...

I have 6ft high ceiling and been yeileding 2+ lbs off 4 plants on my medic grow... I been posting this pic alot but I'm proud of it

Does not have samsung leds compared to my phlizon...tbh I don't see much of difference between the 2 lights and their capabilities....

Check out medicgrow ez8... light is decently priced with killer results

20240130 185520
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
So look into medic grow ez8... it's 1000w at the wall and can have a spread for a 6x6... the phlizon would be undercutting for the space you want in the end run... for a 12x
12.... I would run 2 of those for a 12x12...

I have 6ft high ceiling and been yeileding 2+ lbs off 4 plants on my medic grow... I been posting this pic alot but I'm proud of it

Does not have samsung leds compared to my phlizon...tbh I don't see much of difference between the 2 lights and their capabilities....

Check out medicgrow ez8... light is decently priced with killer results
Dude I totally read your post about scoring the bed liner from your neighbor but didn’t really register it or see it in the pics!!! Hahahaah!! Thats fuckin genius! And Id say you Are in the right place to be postin pics of your proud progress!!! Thanks for your feedback! Ill go check out those ez8’s but im really leaning towards the FD8000. Thanks again JKash!

Latest posts

Top Bottom