Should i start flushing my autos?

• Thread starter joseshot1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

joseshot1

Hi guys, Frist time grower here. My autos are on week 9 and i think it would take at least 12 weeks but those white "hairs" (forgot the actual name in english 🥲) have started to turno brow, at least 10% of them. So i thought maybe i should stop nutrients now and only user water. What you guys think?

J

joseshot1

More experienced growers will be by soon, but I think now is when you want to give her good nutrition so she ripens properly.
lower doses in the last week or two, but keep feeding.
Thanks!!! As they are autos i have no idea how much time i have left untill harvest... if someone has an idea please share it😅😅

TomH

TomH

I’m growing an auto now, I just harvest it based on color of the trichomes And my desired buzz.

2Bad

2Bad

Agree With Tom. sounds like you still have a month left considering the white pistils

E

Edinburg

You chop your autoflowers by the trichome not the pistols, I like about 20 percent amber so 7 to 10 days before I chop I flush out and give cold tap water, this is to turn pistols and knock down any foxtailing, here is a pic of a cherry fog auto at a bit over 2 months from sprout. Sorry camera sucks and does not do plant justice.sometimes it's better to chop sequenceuley.

IMG 20230415 230209
IMG 20230417 1454282
J

joseshot1

You chop your autoflowers by the trichome not the pistols, I like about 20 percent amber so 7 to 10 days before I chop I flush out and give cold tap water, this is to turn pistols and knock down any foxtailing, here is a pic of a cherry fog auto at a bit over 2 months from sprout. Sorry camera sucks and does not do plant justice.sometimes it's better to chop sequenceuley.
Mine are kinda like that! How long until you start using olny water?

J

joseshot1

Agree With Tom. sounds like you still have a month left considering the white pistils
Thnxs!! It is my fisrt grow erver so i though the pistol would be white until 2 or 3 weeks before harvest 😅, i will update in a few minutes with a pic of my nutrients so you can say if there is anything missing

J

joseshot1

Flushing is a myth. Cut back on nutrients the last 2 weeks of flowering. Dont starve your plant.

Flushing is a myth. Cut back on nutrients the last 2 weeks of flowering. Dont starve your plant.

English is not my main language, when u say cut of do u mean i should stop nutrients or just use less? Cause i thought flushing meaned stop using nutrients😅. Sry for my lack of knowlege but its my first time

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

English is not my main language, when u say cut of do u mean i should stop nutrients or just use less? Cause i thought flushing meaned stop using nutrients😅. Sry for my lack of knowlege but its my first time
Less. 2 weeks before harvest cut back 25%, and the week before harvest cut back another 25%.

E

Edinburg

Mine are kinda like that! How long until you start using olny water?
Well I like about 20 percent amber so a week to 10 days before chop I flush out and give plant cold tap water this knocks down any foxtailing and help turn your pistills, sometimes an autoflower will force you to chop sequenceuley, here are a few pics but just hit sharpen so y'all can see the frost but camera does not do plant justice as the flower has a beautiful blue tint with gold pistols, hope you had a good 420 bake out.

IMG 20230420 1900512
IMG 20230420 1900352
E

Edinburg

There really is not a correct answer, some folk do not flush out, some folk reduce the nutes, me I flush out and give cold water to again knock down any foxtailing and help turn your pistills, so you can basically handle this situation as you see fit, but this is how I found works best for me, I give advice on autoflowers bc I have been growing them for so long, so my system works well for me, but no one is really wrong it's just the way they handle this is all, I only give advice when I know for Shure it will not hurt your plants.

H

Hazedayz

I must admit I flush my plants 2 weeks before harvest im not 100% sure it does anything but I feel like it does but where’s the evidence for and against. Maybe next time you grow try some experimental work and flush one and not the other. Aslong as your plant is healthy and not hungry I think you should be fine flushing it.

E

Edinburg

I must admit I flush my plants 2 weeks before harvest im not 100% sure it does anything but I feel like it does but where’s the evidence for and against. Maybe next time you grow try some experimental work and flush one and not the other. Aslong as your plant is healthy and not hungry I think you should be fine flushing it.
Yes I have done that, but again I run autoflowers not photoperiod plants, so for the last week or so all I give is cold tap water to again knock down any foxtailing and help turn your pistills, I was taught to do this bc I want all the nute build up out, but others never flush they just give less and less nutes, I was told if you do not flush out the build up of nutes will affect the taste of final product, this is probably a myth, but this has worked well for me as sometimes the pistols won't turn but exposing your plants to cold not ice water will not hurt your plants and it does turn any pistols and does knock down foxtailing so that is why I do this, in that last week, old habits die hard, but my final plants do look good but as I said it probably won't affect the taste of the final product, ALLSO autoflowers are easy to burn, even now just the tips of my leaf is not burned but slightly discolored and this tells me I'm not overfeeding, so again different folk do different things during the last week before chop, I don't think anyone is wrong, but this has worked out well for me.

Top Bottom