Should i use a smaller light for now.

• Thread starter phillyguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

phillyguy

I currently have a Mars Hydro 450watt light in my tent. I also own a 100watt viparspectra. Since my plants are still pretty young I was thinking of putting my viparspectra light in. Seems like the 100watt would be more gentle on the seedlings being able to turn the light lower than the 450W. If I do so, how high above the seedlings should I put it?

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I run my 100 at 24" threw veg. Keep a close watch on your seedlings. I also look at the light footprint on the ground and keep real young plants off in a corner that is not so bright.

P

phillyguy

What you get for a manual is just set up. No charts for ppfd or height suggestions. Only way I found what I needed is from product pics. I can't believe it suggests 12" at 25% for seedlings.

N

Natep

Just turn down the light as low as possible and hang it as high as possible. Watch you plants. When the leaves look like they are praying right before lights out turn the light up

P

phillyguy

Just turn down the light as low as possible and hang it as high as possible. Watch you plants. When the leaves look like they are praying right before lights out turn the light up
I did that with my 450w and they seem to be suffering. Mars Hydro says my 450w light should be 12" abo e plants at 25%. Seems like I'd fry my babies. My 100w light has made big changes it seems. They look much happier.

Top Bottom