Simple Question.....

• Thread starter Clepidus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Clepidus

Clepidus

So I am 3 weeks and a day into flower and I am wondering what you guys do to support heavy branches. I'm torn between bamboo sticks and light ties or supporting them from the ceiling with twine or something similar.

What do you guys use? I am running 8, 5 gallon nursery pots in my super soil. The strain is Northern Lights and I still have bright white pistols and I figure 3-6 more weeks of flower to go. I have 2 phenotypes. One is the typical short extremely bushy phenotype and the other is about 1/3 taller and significantly less bushy.

The ladies are housed in a 4x8x8 tent with an outside vented dehumidifier running 24-7 to maintain about 45% humidity although I am shooting for about 15-25 by harvest. Fresh air is brought in from the main room and I am running my inside AC several hours a day to lower the humidity inside as well.

My lights are 2- 1600 watt Mars 2 LEDs and the only additives I have needed are molasses and a little green planet bud booster my grow shop guy turned me on to as a sample.

Sorry about the red photo, I didn't want to wait till lights out to take the fresh picture.

Simple question
straincreation

straincreation

Id say bamboo but its gonna be a bithch to get in there and do that. I would have put them when you potted the plants. To late for that now, but it is an option. From the cieling will wind up driving you nuts during watering and if theres any trouble down thw road with a problwm plant.. best thing i would suggest is to get some ties and support them to the main stalk if they start floppin.

BOL!
Happy farmin;)

Clepidus

Clepidus

Pretty much what my thoughts have been so far. I can get to them easy enough, I just wondered if there was any benefits of yo yo type supports from the ceiling.

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

id say netting attach to your main tent supports feed the flowers through and let it sit around the bear spots below the main flowers .

straincreation

straincreation

Thats another ^^but still a bitch to do. If you plan on hand watering Its gomna be quite a hassle to get in there with a trelis laid out.
Happy farmin;)

Clepidus

Clepidus

Yea the trelis is for my next crop. I'm going to try one plant per light in 15 gal pots. I was given seeds by a local breeder for a strain he called Grimm.

As for watering I built a 5 gallon self contained sprayer out of a marked bucket, a fountain pump a watering wand and about 10' of hose. It's pretty slick, I fill the bucket with tap water and let it set over night and water in the morning. I was thinking ahead to some outdoor areas down on the farm when I built it. The pump runs off an inverter plugged into my ATV.

kes54800

kes54800

Bamboo stakes since ur already flowering. Next time maybe use trellis netting if not perpetual or even tomato cages if perpetual....all depends on size and strain if considering cages.

If im running a mono crop I personally use trellis. Perpetual grow I use to use cages but I like stakes instead now. Seem to get better light penetration with bamboo stakes cuz cages can bunch the branches of the plant together preventing light penetration to lower sites.
To each there own though....experiment and choose what works for you homie.
Good Luck
KeS

straincreation

straincreation

Ill second the tomatoe cages i just thought it was inpractical at this point. Its what use in my garden work great for lst and for support down the road.
BOL happy farmin;)

Top Bottom