Small programmable dehumidifier is needed

• Thread starter Elev8e
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

Elev8e

What dehumidifier does anyone recommend for a 3x3. Looking for a unit that I can set for desired humidity level.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
When I looked, only the big expensive ones were programmable. The ones made for smaller spaces were all preset. Now, I have a small one in the room with my tents plus the house AC.

C

climbit

When I looked, only the big expensive ones were programmable. The ones made for smaller spaces were all preset. Now, I have a small one in the room with my tents plus the house AC.
Do you have to run the humidifier while the de-hu is on to stabilize it at your desired preference? Is that even a thing idk. I got a decently cheap humidifier, thank god I live in a drier area so I can go from 40%-60% if needed. Though I did notice all the expensive ones were the only ones you can set at a desired %.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Do you have to run the humidifier while the de-hu is on to stabilize it at your desired preference?
I have a humidifier in each tent. They're controlled by the tent's environment controller. Our house is usually at about 40% to 50% RH. I raise it in the tents to about 55%. When the plants are transpiring a lot, I run a small dehumidifier in the room.

Adding humidity in the tents only to dehumidify the air in the rest of the house is a problem. The same goes for the temperature. Then there are weather changes that affect the tent's environment. I use an AC Infinity Controller 69 Pro for my tents. It saves me from a lot of worries.

E

Elev8e

My house is 65 to 67% with the area Im located. I'm trying to lower during flower.
I have a humidifier in each tent. They're controlled by the tent's environment controller. Our house is usually at about 40% to 50% RH. I raise it in the tents to about 55%. When the plants are transpiring a lot, I run a small dehumidifier in the room.

Adding humidity in the tents only to dehumidify the air in the rest of the house is a problem. The same goes for the temperature. Then there are weather changes that affect the tent's environment. I use an AC Infinity Controller 69 Pro for my tents. It saves me from a lot of worries.
Wer

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
My house is 65 to 67% with the area Im located. I'm trying to lower during flower.

Wer
get a decent dehum then. dont spend your money on small units bc they will disappoint. the single biggest and most expensive equipment in my grow room is the dehum. it also uses more electricity than my lights and all other equipments combined. sucks living by the sea other than the view from the balcony haha

N

Natep

I honk you will need a larger one than you think. Every time your tent heats up it is going to pull in moist air. You will probably be better off putting it in your lung room. That way when your in-line fan kicks on it will pull in dry air.

L

Lifted1

govee smart dehumidifier. has a drain line, is super quite, and puts out less heat than most other brands. its not big but its pretty efficient for a small space.

you can also control humidity with an active intake and passive exhaust. get an inkwell humidity switch for your fan or buy an a/c infinity fan with humidity/temp control.

run your fan intake down low pushing cool air in to the tent. run a hepa filter on this side. place your carbon filter outside somewhere near top of tent and vent out your light reflector or top of tent.

X

xXRABBITXx

SPEND THE MONEY!! Got a smaller one for just the tent and it didnt cut it. You'll need a good one to maintain RH for drying. I rock my Midea dehu in my lung room it connects to my wifi. I can change all settings from anywhere.

Top Bottom