Spiderfarmer connector melted ELECTRICIAN NEEDED HERE PROBABLY

• Thread starter goodbye95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
goodbye95

goodbye95

Hello to everyone . I have the Spiderfarmer SF 7000 but the connector socket has melted. I cut off the melted connector and left the cables exposed. The problem is that the cables comin from the ballast are 4 that lead to 2 cables going to the Led panel. I thought of just connecting them back through a general Eu plug. Obviously 1 pair of the cables connects to 1 cable as well as the other pair. The problem is that i do not know which of the cables make the correct pairs and i do not want to do something that might burn the leds. Any thoughts?

51o6alxukwl
Spiderfarmer connector melted electrician needed here probably 2
Spiderfarmer connector melted electrician needed here probably 3
orggrwr

orggrwr

Do you have another connector you can disassemble to see how it's wired. If not then contact the company and maybe they can help. If it just melted for no obvious reason they should replace it anyway. Good luck

goodbye95

goodbye95

Honestly the fact it melted in the first place would make me bin it.
I mean the darn thing could of caught fire burning your house down.

Why it melted would be my concern
I would want to know that before even thinking of rewiring
To be honest i do not know. I had it placed on top of the led panel to be completely honest. So i suppose the heat from the leds could help the heat inside the cables to build up. But it melted from the inside.

goodbye95

goodbye95

Do you have another connector you can disassemble to see how it's wired. If not then contact the company and maybe they can help. If it just melted for no obvious reason they should replace it anyway. Good luck
they do not seem to reply. I find on reddit that many people had the same issue with Spiderfarmer Leds and they didnt seem to get a response either.

goodbye95

goodbye95

The led work fine, I wont throw them in the been since they cost me about 800 euro. I just need to find a way to connect them back. Can anyone help me on this?

goodbye95

goodbye95

that was the only connector . the rest of the cable is connected either to the leds or the ballast so i cannot figure out how they are wired

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

I've heard lots of stories of SF wires melting. I'd be really reluctant to patch it back together and hope for the best. Your life isnt worth growing weed

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Try DM to spiderfarmerled. See if you get a response!
IMG 3121

Top Bottom