Study: Fewer painkiller deaths in states with medical marijuana...

• Thread starter geologic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
States with legalized medical marijuana have lower rates of overdose deaths for prescription drugs, according to a new study.

States that legalized patient access to marijuana saw a 25 percent drop in deaths linked to powerful prescription painkillers known as opioids.

The study comes as lawmakers have raised concerns about a rise in the abuse of painkillers and related deaths around the country. Lawmakers have demanded the Food and Drug Administration take actions to curb the trend.

The researchers suggest that legalizing marijuana could be one way of lessening painkiller abuse...

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/215924-study-fewer-painkiller-deaths-in-states-with-medical-marijuana

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

My doctor is pretty convinced this is true,She used to be on staff at kaiser permanente until she quit after seeing the culture of handing out drugs and watching several people die as a direct result.Its kind of shocking to hear her talk about it and explain that ALL doctors know this but most continue to hand out drugs anyways.She says the AMA is in the drug companies pockets and there is starting to become a big rift between pro MJ doctors and pro drug company Doctors yet doctors continue to have to walk a fine line or risk being shunned or even losing their license.To say she is pro MJ is an understatement,my wife who has never been an MJ smoker was blown away listening to her talk when i got my rec renewed,It changed the way she thought about medicine.

dabs4life

dabs4life

this is so true. if florida goes medical it will reform the state slowly from what the pills have done to the entire south and east coast. and hopefully other states will follow soon.

id also like to see benzos and muscle relaxers included in this topic as mmj has the potential to replace these drugs also while having the ability to treat the withdrawl symptoms from these drugs as well.

Zero Theorem

Zero Theorem

Miht be stating the obvious, but with society set up the way it is, verifiable studies need to be done to give knowledge substance. Hopefully this will herald more change and further reforms. Opioids obviously have far too great abuse potential and negative side effects.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I will personally vouch for MMJ as after having a severe accident in 1999 with a spinal chord injury. I was off work for almost a year and after being prescribed Oxycontin i remained chained to this crap for years. Unknown to me, I could have been weened of this stuff in short order. The problem with long term opioids is, use your body and system start to trick you. You feel like your still experiencing pain from the original injury but the real reason for the discomfort is actually the feelings of withdrawing from the opioids. Very vicious cycle. And what really pisses me off is the medical industry knows this and still continue to write scripts for the shit. I lived and felt like a friggn addict all of those painkiller years, and truth be known I was!!!!.

When I got turned on to MMJ I was able to self ween off the Oxycontin and for the last 6 years have never looked back and the quality of my life has improved 10 fold and I told my pain doc to pound sand.

I am a mellow dude but I must say I really hate the system we all have to live under. Thank God I lived to see the day I could self medicate legally and not have to worry about whether I had the cash or insurance to get treated.

Oh and herei s a shout out......... %%%% you Big Pharma and all of your so called street corner dealers we call Dr.s

Bolderdash money hungry biotches.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
totally agree..
Its a no brainer..but, i guess some people have no brains :confused:
You wont see it any time soon. Cause most folks believe anything their Dr. tells them. They are looked up to like Gods for crying out loud. Well my Dr says this,,,, and my Dr says that, yada yada yada. So it must be true.

Its so bad that now we have Docs writing peeps scripts to alleviate side affects from other scripts their writing. Total Fing insanity. Sad part is they especially do this to senior citizens that were raised to believe anything the doc told em. Sorry for the rant, this type of stuff really pisses me off. :)

dabs4life

dabs4life

I will personally vouch for MMJ as after having a severe accident in 1999 with a spinal chord injury. I was off work for almost a year and after being prescribed Oxycontin i remained chained to this crap for years. Unknown to me, I could have been weened of this stuff in short order. The problem with long term opioids is, use your body and system start to trick you. You feel like your still experiencing pain from the original injury but the real reason for the discomfort is actually the feelings of withdrawing from the opioids. Very vicious cycle. And what really pisses me off is the medical industry knows this and still continue to write scripts for the shit. I lived and felt like a friggn addict all of those painkiller years, and truth be known I was!!!!.

When I got turned on to MMJ I was able to self ween off the Oxycontin and for the last 6 years have never looked back and the quality of my life has improved 10 fold and I told my pain doc to pound sand.

I am a mellow dude but I must say I really hate the system we all have to live under. Thank God I lived to see the day I could self medicate legally and not have to worry about whether I had the cash or insurance to get treated.

Oh and herei s a shout out......... %%%% you Big Pharma and all of your so called street corner dealers we call Dr.s

Bolderdash money hungry biotches.
yeah man i there with you. i had a high impact motorcycle accident that ended up with me being very addicted to pills. went from hydro to oxy quick and was a interesting ride to rock bottom and im lucky i stopped.

you are very correct about being in so much pain from the pills leaving and it honestly felt like my bones were being ground. i wanna tell you good job on getting through that. it was a horrible thing to go through.

ive got friends that cant kick without any injuries besides fake junkie pains. its sad sorta.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
yeah man i there with you. i had a high impact motorcycle accident that ended up with me being very addicted to pills. went from hydro to oxy quick and was a interesting ride to rock bottom and im lucky i stopped.

you are very correct about being in so much pain from the pills leaving and it honestly felt like my bones were being ground. i wanna tell you good job on getting through that. it was a horrible thing to go through.

ive got friends that cant kick without any injuries besides fake junkie pains. its sad sorta.
yes indeed. Thanks for the kind words man. We have something in common I see. Props to ya

Supercharge

Supercharge

totally agree..
Its a no brainer..but, i guess some people have no brains :confused:

To some it might be, but policy can't be made on hearsay and anecdotal evidence, no matter how compelling it might seem. Empirical studies have to be done to this those anecdotal claims substance. It's not a case of having no brains, it's a case of providing replicable and verifiable evidence.

Thanks for the post Geologic. :)

Lumigen

Lumigen

I wonder what the policy is regarding research done in other countries? The FDA might have to conduct their own research before policy changes here can be made. Anyone know?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I wonder what the policy is regarding research done in other countries? The FDA might have to conduct their own research before policy changes here can be made. Anyone know?
I wouldnt let the FDA research my homegrown tomatoes. It is no secret that they are in alliance with Big Pharma. Just an illusion to make it appear like some regulatory committee gives a %%%. Just my take. FWIW

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I went through the same thing,2.5 years ago,50 mph impact head on into an illegal alien who thought it was ok for her to flip a u-turn in the middle of the street 25 feet in front of me.Luckily I had a young chiro just out of school (who i had no faith in at all) who chose to take it upon himself to wean me off the pills and get me on a good regimen of eating right,exercise and some good herbal supplements.He also would not let me go under the knife,i was scheduled for multiple surgeries(10!) that would have fucked me up even more,this kid educated me on DRs and their bullshit,they really start making money when they cut you open and they know it,bastards dont care about you just their own wallet,sad.That chiro was the only person to actually lay his hands on me and try to heal me,All the DRs had a nurse take vitals,talk to you for 3 minutes,write you multiple scrips and try to schedule you for surgery never touching you or caring one bit.

Last edited:
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Theres a link somewhere on the farm @chickenman thread Any Takers of the Feds looking fir someone to grow there experimental crop for NIH

It might be a wack website I don't know

Latest posts

Top Bottom