The Future Of Bho

• Thread starter noone88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

noone88

I've been following some of you guys on IG and with all the latest fresh frozen, rosin, and ice water hash techniques (oregrown recently made some insane PURPLE hash), do you think we've reached the peak popularity of BHO extracts?

The trace amounts of butane is a concern. I would definitely switch over to non-BHO extracts once I have reliable access to the products. In addition, hash products are cheaper to obtain due to lower equipment costs.

Or will we see CO2 extraction becoming popular again?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
In non med states bho hasn't had a chance to really make its rounds yet.. I don't think we've begun to see the peak of bho yet, Give it another 5-10 years and perhaps but right now it hasn't even peaked yet imho.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I think it's just getting started.
I've been attending some pretty insane dab parties lately and in my opinion it's gaining popularity.
20150315 192752
95 feet of free dabs being given out.
#secretsesh

OMGimaDONKEY

OMGimaDONKEY

i hope it's just starting as i'm just getting into the biz. it's not for everyone, some have problems with solvents, good thing they have options. that being said there is a lot of convenience in light hydrocarbon extraction and it's a versatile product. i 'm putting my money where my mouth is and betting that recreational extracts are going to be a thing for a while.

the portland adventure continues

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Theres no doubt they will, E-cigs for example everyone thought were just going to be a passing fad, are fucking HUGE!

E-cigs with BHO are gaining in popularity among the younger generations, like i said theres still alot of places in the world that have no idea wtf BHO even is, let alone has any decent makers or even anyone at all for that matter making it or mass producing it enough to move around remote areas..

Big city's will always have a crowed thats into dabs its a sub culture of marijuana regardless of if anyone likes it or not.. its here to stay.
Secret cup anyone?

Stalks

Stalks

If you tell someone on the right coast that "dabs" (if you say bho they have no fucking clue) is made with butane. They are like wtf had no clue at all. What is purging lol these fuckers have no clue about shatter they are smoking butane soup most of the time. Off of red nails too lol @LittleDabbie is correct it is no where near the peak

G gnome

G gnome

Dude where i come from they are clueless. Most people dont know what it even is and the rest have the most convoluted ideas about it you wouldn't believe.
I DEF and amokin shit other people made.

R

rascali

If you tell someone on the right coast that "dabs" (if you say bho they have no fucking clue) is made with butane. They are like wtf had no clue at all. What is purging lol these fuckers have no clue about shatter they are smoking butane soup most of the time. Off of red nails too lol @LittleDabbie is correct it is no where near the peak

and if you believe that shatter is the highest form of BHO, then you are as mis-informed as those "right coast" denizens…

and none of you butane nazi's have ever read any scientific data about the "toxicity" of butane, because there isn't any! none. nada. zilch. so go back to your contrail conspiracies and hidden bunkers and leave the normal people alone.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I don't recall anywhere reading in this thread anyone claimed butane was toxic?

Stalks

Stalks

and if you believe that shatter is the highest form of BHO, then you are as mis-informed as those "right coast" denizens…

and none of you butane nazi's have ever read any scientific data about the "toxicity" of butane, because there isn't any! none. nada. zilch. so go back to your contrail conspiracies and hidden bunkers and leave the normal people alone.
No where in my post did I claim shatter was the best form of bho. Just stating my area isn't familliar with all the bho terms and techs.

Random question @rascali, you not smoke this morning? Lol

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I know i did ;) *packs another one just for the fuck of it tho*

HGW562

HGW562

Bho is just getting started. The method of extraction allows it to be made at a rapid pace and people on the west coast are running everything they can get their hands on. Trim is in high demand in California and a lot of what is being commercially produced is not clean. With bho you can blast today and have your product on the shelves in 72 hours or less. No drying, curing just a vac purge and your good to go. Water hash is much more labor intensive plus you have to wait for it to dry and cure. Really no other form is as commercially viable as bho, for that reason alone you will see it raise in popularity.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
Don't under estimate the younger generations. I think bho is in it's peak as we speak.
My lil bro is working with a mothership and some other fancy glass rigs. Plus he always has dab with shop llabels in a nonmed state.

pugliese63

pugliese63

I did BHO for a about a year and went back to ice water. Completely personal, but I much prefer water extracted resins.

Where I live no one has any idea about concentrates in general. I almost always have some full melt on hand and can't give it away, literally. I actually have to show people how to use it. Even then most are still skeptical due to their unfamiliarity.

I believe the way concentrates look causes a lot smokers to associate it with crack and meth, especially if they are uninitiated and see someone doing dabs.

Older heads grew up smoking joints. Joints are social and engaging. Doing dabs or the like is a lot more involving. While still social (i.e 95' of free dabs) it doesn't possess the same aspect as smoking joints with friends. Not unlike people who still listen to vinyl (myself included) as opposed to digital downloads (which I enjoy as well)

Social acceptance will continue evolve as long as good salient information is being put out there for those who are uninformed and want to learn.

Hashish culture is as old as cannabis culture and both will be around for more than a long time.

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
here is my take on BHO versus rosin, my prophecy of march 7th:

"I predict that as this catches on and people see how amazingly tasty it can be, and eventually quick and easy, as opposed to slow and easy, there will be a wave of opposition from all those who have invested thousands in butane extraction technology, but eventually heat press will prevail as the main accepted extraction process for oil, not only for medical use which is a no brainer(solventless cleanosity), but even for a large majority of recreational users as well."

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
here are two or three more reasons for those why still doubt. first off, bho explosions are really giving the process a bad name as unsafe. Second, heat press extracts get you higher. Many people who used to use BHO for years agree on this. And third, partially related to two, and also stated in my first babble, is that it is the tastiest possible extract when done correctly. It is also easy to get it too hot and ruin the taste, but that was a learning curve back in the day with BHO as well. I used to overcook the shit out of butane oil, back in 03-04.

Top Bottom