The impossible outdoor Phuket grow.

• Thread starter HealthyEarthSol
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Coldmike

Google, Monterey bt. It’s an insecticide that is big in the war on caterpillars!
Thanks! Any health issue with BT? I try to grow organic as much as possible, but likely impossible outdoors in Thailand.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
It’s probably as safe as anything! It’s a biological pesticide. But hang around this thread, and bug him about growing outdoors! He’s probably the one to get tips from about growing over in Thailand! And welcome if you haven’t been here before.

C

Coldmike

Never lived in phuket, but have lived in the mountains outside of chiang mai for many years, growing outdoors up here is incredible. We have a grow house, but my wife grows, what I call the ornamentals, outside and they rate right up there to say the least. This is an outside ornamental sugar cane we cut today.
I’m really looking forward to trying an outdoor grow in Chiang Mai. The Thai sunlight feels way too good to not use. Seems to me Chiang Mai has one perfect grow season where it cools down in November but is still sunny and can finish before the real humidity hits. Drying and curing might be challenging unless it’s brought inside with A/C. I’ll follow you CM growers and post my experiences as I grow.

HealthyEarthSol

HealthyEarthSol

I’m going to be growing small in Chiang Mai. What is BT? I badly want to grow outdoors if possible.
Make sure to look up BT kurstaki. It works very well. As soon as you see the first baby worm, spray that night. I've also picked up some emamactin for the actual moth and eggs. It says it's fermented bacteria. Anyone have any insight on the emamactin?

HealthyEarthSol

HealthyEarthSol

I’m really looking forward to trying an outdoor grow in Chiang Mai. The Thai sunlight feels way too good to not use. Seems to me Chiang Mai has one perfect grow season where it cools down in November but is still sunny and can finish before the real humidity hits. Drying and curing might be challenging unless it’s brought inside with A/C. I’ll follow you CM growers and post my experiences as I grow.
The seasons are interesting for sure. In Phuket, it's good from November until April or May. Drying, curing and storage should be done with AC. The humidity is always fairly high but doesn't seem to affect the plant much. Outdoors, you have to be pretty strain specific and do some Pheno hunting for what will work well for your climate.
High calyx to leaf ratio is the bees knees

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I’m not sure when and how you have to use the supplemental lighting. But do you think it attracts moths or other critters that add to the caterpillar problem? I know there’s probably no way of getting around it.

HealthyEarthSol

HealthyEarthSol

Day 35
IMG 20240314 181507

IMG 20240314 181624
Top Bottom