This is getting crispy, what should i do?

• Thread starter ViolettaLiz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

ViolettaLiz

So today when I checked on the plants, I am noticing that a couple leaves look dryer than day before yesterday. One closer to a bud is getting that dry color and I didn't want the buds to dry up.

Suggestions?

This is getting crispy what should i do
PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Prob natural fade. Keep an eye on it but when plants are flowering they use the available nutrients stored in the leaves. You can usually watch it happen from the base/lowers. Most growers will cut the calcium during flower as the plants don't need a lot of Ca at this point. You can even trim that leaf and take a look inside as it could be a moth larvae eating the stem. It's what they do and the bud dies and dries (mainly outside/greenhouse but you never know.

V

ViolettaLiz

I tried to get an up close shot off the brown spot. 🙃

20240501 121629
V

ViolettaLiz

Underneath is just alittle discolored. Accidentally snipped a tiny leave evidently with the brown spotted ones. Lots of trichomes. ❤️

20240501 122102
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
There are several nutrient deficiencies that have that orange-brown color. These include calcium, boron and zinc. Here's an example picture of boron deficiency that appears similar to your plant:

Source: https://dutch-passion.com/en/blog/a-visual-guide-to-cannabis-deficiencies-n987

According to the picture source, it can be treated by adding a teaspoon of Boric acid to 3-4 litres of water and feeding to your plant. I understand boron deficiency is uncommon, but it looks like what might be the problem with your plant. The plant still has a few weeks till it's ready for harvest, so it might be advisable to treat it soon. I've never encountered this deficiency, however, so it's difficult to advise about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom