Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

I’m in the north east corner of the country and it’s almost without fail that every single meteorological event we have is blocked by cloud cover. I was able to view the past solar eclipse though. Yeah I’ve seen a few things about asteroids and the close proximity between them and earth, it’s scary but wtf are you going to do? Bruce Willis ain’t gonna save our asses anymore 😥
Same, bro. I'm in the north east as well, but not all the way in the corner. Lucked out with the last eclipse. Took this through my specs.

Apophis is interesting because up until a few years ago they were still predicting an impact in the 2060s.

If you are an early bird, keep an eye on the sky towards the sunrise june 7-10. Bound to get a clear day or 2. Just before dawn you'll see 10+ an hour....

Because that's really all you can do with any cosmic event.. sit back and watch.. preferably with something fresh out the cure rolled up.

leroygreen

leroygreen

Our youngest did a year at Northern Arizona University and we fell in love with Flagstaff. All he did was party🥳 We got to see the Grand Canyon out of the deal. Would love to see Sedona.
Flagstaff is cool. We used to ski there now and then. I lived in Gallup New Mexico for many years. We usually went up to Durango Colorado for skiing that is a beautiful area. We used to go white water rafting there also. I remember being in Flagstaff once when they were battling the forest fires in the area that was wild.

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Flagstaff is cool. We used to ski there now and then. I lived in Gallup New Mexico for many years. We usually went up to Durango Colorado for skiing that is a beautiful area. We used to go white water rafting there also. I remember being in Flagstaff once when they were battling the forest fires in the area that was wild.
We drove through Phoenix on the way up. Been there several times and south to Tombstone. Plenty skiing here within a couple to 8 hours but did visit Utah with a group mid 80's for a week. Best snow I've ever seen and we got to ski Brighton, Alta, and a few others. There's nothing like that dry powder. I won't ever get back on ski's again. Too old unfortunately. Takes too long to heal these days. Wife and I bought each other boogie boards and wet suits several years ago and we'd go and catch a wave and ride while both of us at the top of our lungs WEEEEEEEEE! Gotta be a hoot to see/hear 2 old people boogie boarding🤣 BUT all the 9' Great White videos off our coast has put a damper on that shit🤣🤣🤣 seriously😉

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

These are this year. Nope. There's videos showing GW's swimming behind surfers every spring and summer. There's no way I'm getting in that water again either🤣

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Same, bro. I'm in the north east as well, but not all the way in the corner. Lucked out with the last eclipse. Took this through my specs.
View attachment 2166638

Apophis is interesting because up until a few years ago they were still predicting an impact in the 2060s.

If you are an early bird, keep an eye on the sky towards the sunrise june 7-10. Bound to get a clear day or 2. Just before dawn you'll see 10+ an hour....

Because that's really all you can do with any cosmic event.. sit back and watch.. preferably with something fresh out the cure rolled up.
That’s about the time of year I should be waking up early to go striper fishing before work, if I do it right I’m on the water a half hour before sunrise. I have a cool app on my phone called sky view that helps me identify celestial objects. Ohhh shit just realized we’re geeking out like Jon Stewart in half baked 🤣 cause everything is better on……WEED!!

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

These are this year. Nope. There's videos showing GW's swimming behind surfers every spring and summer. There's no way I'm getting in that water again either🤣
Fkn sharks 🦈 always showing up and biting people. I think it’s cause we don’t harvest seals anymore. Definitely not for seal hunting but it is a great whites version of McDonald’s drive thru. They got really bad in cape cod and are now showing up at the mouth of the Merrimack river in northern Massachusetts off the shore of plum island. All places that I kayak while flyfishing for striped bass. Or use to, probably still will but not without a hefty dose of fear in the back of my mind.

BB22

BB22

Cali Blue snip that I am mistreating ✌️View attachment 2166092

Nah that’s fine homie, I make some of my cuttings sit in the box too long, with too much light depends on where my box is setup and all, but by the time I planted them, they weren5x more busted than that. They always bounce back for me though, I def don’t trim my leaf tips either I’m lazy 👊🏻🤡
About 24 hours later 💪✌️
IMG 4596

BB22

BB22

Fkn sharks 🦈 always showing up and biting people. I think it’s cause we don’t harvest seals anymore. Definitely not for seal hunting but it is a great whites version of McDonald’s drive thru. They got really bad in cape cod and are now showing up at the mouth of the Merrimack river in northern Massachusetts off the shore of plum island. All places that I kayak while flyfishing for striped bass. Or use to, probably still will but not without a hefty dose of fear in the back of my mind.
Didn't know you were from MA been a minute since I was up that way ✌️

leroygreen

leroygreen

We drove through Phoenix on the way up. Been there several times and south to Tombstone. Plenty skiing here within a couple to 8 hours but did visit Utah with a group mid 80's for a week. Best snow I've ever seen and we got to ski Brighton, Alta, and a few others. There's nothing like that dry powder. I won't ever get back on ski's again. Too old unfortunately. Takes too long to heal these days. Wife and I bought each other boogie boards and wet suits several years ago and we'd go and catch a wave and ride while both of us at the top of our lungs WEEEEEEEEE! Gotta be a hoot to see/hear 2 old people boogie boarding🤣 BUT all the 9' Great White videos off our coast has put a damper on that shit🤣🤣🤣 seriously😉
Oh yeah forgot about tombstone very cool spot. Yeah same for me with ski's, to much arthritis nowadays. So I'm taking it your in California. Last time I was there was 30 years ago. My grandparents lived in Oceanside and I had a close friend in Chino hills I used to visit. My wife's sister lives out there now. Last time I was at the he beach I was still thin and could do things like body surfing. Those days are long gone. I'm Happy to say though 50's and sporting the Mohawk 😂. Still young in some ways.

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Oh yeah forgot about tombstone very cool spot. Yeah same for me with ski's, to much arthritis nowadays. So I'm taking it your in California. Last time I was there was 30 years ago. My grandparents lived in Oceanside and I had a close friend in Chino hills I used to visit. My wife's sister lives out there now. Last time I was at the he beach I was still thin and could do things like body surfing. Those days are long gone. I'm Happy to say though 50's and sporting the Mohawk 😂. Still young in some ways.
We're in Escondido, about 20-30 min drive to Oceanside Pier. The old restaurantat at the end burned down last month😢 We still go but just to walk or sit on the beach. No more wave riders. The whole coast, other than San Diego Harbor, is beautiful. The Harbor
20210806 092753

Across from the airport is beautiful in its own right but dirty compared to the beaches😉

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

That’s about the time of year I should be waking up early to go striper fishing before work, if I do it right I’m on the water a half hour before sunrise. I have a cool app on my phone called sky view that helps me identify celestial objects. Ohhh shit just realized we’re geeking out like Jon Stewart in half baked 🤣 cause everything is better on……WEED!!
Sounds about right....

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Cleaned the cuts up
GDP's
20240507 175734

and a new seed popping from a different purple parent crossing.

Blueberry Hash Plant
20240507 175723

Cherry Wine hemp
20240507 175729

20240507 175505

A full hot box makes me happy

Sin City
20240507 175739

There were 13 seeds, planted 7. Red can't count. Getting excited, something new.

Basil in Kratky
20240507 175651

20240507 175658

Fill the nutrient water up a 1/4" past the bottom of the basket, in this case a 2oz solo. Roots will grow out and as the water is used and evaporated the plant produces air roots while also keeping roots in the water. I do this every year for my wife in the kitchen window. Got 3 there now. We love to cook and love basil.

Look at this dead mf'er
20240507 175430

Latest posts

Top Bottom