Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DismalDude

DismalDude

Butter!View attachment 555700started at like 6:30 or 7:00. Wasn't expecting black green like this though.

Edit I've never made butter before this!
There's a few good recipes out there.Just remember to always decarboxylate before getting your butter on.I've made it the first time without doing that and it was mediocre.When I learned to decarboxylate it took my butter to another level.

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

im pretty sure you can just clarify the butter then put it in a slow cooker for like 12 hrs on low then another 10 or so if there is a selection below low

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
If it's ok I thought I would chime in on 315w cmh.

The best reflector for a 5x5 tent would be the 315 LEC. It can veg a 5x5 tent no problem and it can do it with a vengeance. We keep ours at 4' from the canopy. If I was confined to a tent this would be my first choice for veg. It will smoke a t-5 fixture or a 600w MH and it will use half the power. I find that running these bulbs too close causes issues. 4-5 ft seems to be the sweet spot in my experience.

For flower switch up to a 600w gavita SE. You can hit 2# with the right strain and the energy savings compared to old lighting tech is unreal.

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

So in honor of the full moon on Christmas Day and it's rare occurance I will be dropping some new stuff. Hope to find something good. Last 3 of each so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Tnelz

Tnelz

So I'd never say someone else's way was wrong. But decarbing for butter isn't entirely necessary although I can see why one would do it. To me it's the time. I'm sure someone can drop the scientific stuff behind it lol. I make and move butter more than anything else I make or grow and it couldn't be easier.Imo though 20 hours minimum 24 is optimal. Melt your butter in the crock once fully melted put into container and put back into fridge till hard. In this time all your milk solids will sink. Remove the chunk of butter and dump solids in bottom of bowl even wipe residual solids off bottom of butter. You now have gi aka clarified butter. Much longer shelf life much higher smoke point and just overall better product. Add your weed. Mix around put crock on low. Mix occasionally every hour or so. After about 12 hours or so give or take a couple hours I switch from warm down to keep warm. Let it go the full 24 if you can and I promise you it's to the moon. I've been on cookies for days. Strain your weed put into freezer and your good forever or close. My suggested serving size is approximately half a domino. Good size to start with. Enjoy.

Tnelz

Tnelz

The best reflector for a 5x5 tent would be the 315 LEC. It can veg a 5x5 tent no problem and it can do it with a vengeance. We keep ours at 4' from the canopy. If I was confined to a tent this would be my first choice for veg. It will smoke a t-5 fixture or a 600w MH and it will use half the power. I find that running these bulbs too close causes issues. 4-5 ft seems to be the sweet spot in my experience.

For flower switch up to a 600w gavita SE. You can hit 2# with the right strain and the energy savings compared to old lighting tech is unreal.
Ok? Come by more man. I'm rocking a 315 in a 4 x 4 approx 4 to 5 feet away and I'm beyond impressed. Thanks for coming by Cap!

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

So I'd never say someone else's way was wrong. But decarbing for butter isn't entirely necessary although I can see why one would do it. To me it's the time. I'm sure someone can drop the scientific stuff behind it lol. I make and move butter more than anything else I make or grow and it couldn't be easier.Imo though 20 hours minimum 24 is optimal. Melt your butter in the crock once fully melted put into container and put back into fridge till hard. In this time all your milk solids will sink. Remove the chunk of butter and dump solids in bottom of bowl even wipe residual solids off bottom of butter. You now have gi aka clarified butter. Much longer shelf life much higher smoke point and just overall better product. Add your weed. Mix around put crock on low. Mix occasionally every hour or so. After about 12 hours or so give or take a couple hours I switch from warm down to keep warm. Let it go the full 24 if you can and I promise you it's to the moon. I've been on cookies for days. Strain your weed put into freezer and your good forever or close. My suggested serving size is approximately half a domino. Good size to start with. Enjoy.

When you use a crockpot on low it decarbs in the process, :) also if using hash there is no need. I try to stay around 200 degrees for at least 24 hrs up to 48.

All the THCA is converted to THC in the process. Drying a plant is doing the same thing.

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Ok? Come by more man. I'm rocking a 315 in a 4 x 4 approx 4 to 5 feet away and I'm beyond impressed. Thanks for coming by Cap!
So how many would u use for flower or is that what ur doing ?

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

This is EXACTLY what I needed to hear!!! Deff doing this until I build out a room/s...Thank you

Latest posts

Top Bottom