Trash or smash this grass stash

• Thread starter 313131
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

I have 4-5 pounds of material, reminiscent of what you'd "score" on a beach in Punta Cana, except still kinda green. It's been sitting around for over a year, given to me at the end of the 22' growing season, the grower said it wasn't worth their time to trim.

Originally, I planned to run it through bubble bags and then press the hash into live resin. I waited for snow to use as free frozen water, but it never came. Never even got cold enough to freeze water. I still have it kicking around and its cold AF with plenty of snow this week. I'm debating whether to continue with this plan or just trash the material.

A couple of questions for the community: Continue or trash it? If I continue with my plan;
Should I bother separating different grades for smoking/cooking, or just mix it all and press? Minus the first and last bag. If this would be your approach what micron bag would you recommend to be the middle?
Is there a completely different way you'd go about this?

Trash or smash this grass stash
Trash or smash this grass stash 2
BryanOconner

BryanOconner

Any trichomes on them ? If not then i would not spend any money to process it . Leave it all mixed if fine .
Can always smoke one to find out if it does anything

yes trichomes. the entire process at this point would be free. I own bubble bags and a rosin press.
I wouldn't smoke on that ever. I have good weed.
Please elaborate on " Leave it all mixed if fine"

N

Natep

With hash good in good out. I don’t think it’s really worth any time. But if your bored wash it and see what happens.

With hash good in good out. I don’t think it’s really worth any time. But if your bored wash it and see what happens.
Not worth it In terms of degradation? or yield/ quality? you would just throw it out ?

No mold as far as i am aware, I haven't seen any with a visual inspection. I specifically asked if there was mold and was told no. I was told the farmer had a few dozen of those bags and was just growing bud as a trial run with no way to sell it.

BryanOconner

BryanOconner

I like what Bryan said....

Depending on how it was stored in all honesty....

Was there mold when put away.....

Kinda makes me wonder why it wasn't worth their time to trim.....

I'm not sure.....
Reason its not worth there time . I know why. People that grow large amounts of plants have so much product leftover they cant sell it anyways . The next harvest is a month away . Why bother with such small buds ? I used to just throw those popcorn buds into the trim pile let the edited i cant spell for shit extraction team spray it with co2
When i say harvest next month could be weeks so on however they do it .

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I dry sifted to paper, grocery bags, full of trim, popcorn, junk that had been sitting in a closet for 14 months. I was damn glad I did! I got a nice haul out of it. Almost threw it in the woodstove! And it was good practice.

Bilber

Bilber

Reason its not worth there time . I know why. People that grow large amounts of plants have so much product leftover they cant sell it anyways . The next harvest is a month away . Why bother with such small buds ? I used to just throw those popcorn buds into the trim pile let the edited i cant spell for shit extraction team spray it with co2
When i say harvest next month could be weeks so on however they do it .
Great point......

I've seen it and done it myself.....

It very well could be what happened.....

Thank you for clarifying that....very possible!

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

I have 4-5 pounds of material, reminiscent of what you'd "score" on a beach in Punta Cana, except still kinda green. It's been sitting around for over a year, given to me at the end of the 22' growing season, the grower said it wasn't worth their time to trim.

Originally, I planned to run it through bubble bags and then press the hash into live resin. I waited for snow to use as free frozen water, but it never came. Never even got cold enough to freeze water. I still have it kicking around and its cold AF with plenty of snow this week. I'm debating whether to continue with this plan or just trash the material.

A couple of questions for the community: Continue or trash it? If I continue with my plan;
Should I bother separating different grades for smoking/cooking, or just mix it all and press? Minus the first and last bag. If this would be your approach what micron bag would you recommend to be the middle?
Is there a completely different way you'd go about this?
I know someone on here that could elaborate on this @GNick55 , what would you do?

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Depending on how it was stored, etc. Personally, I would probably go ahead and get as much hash as you can from the bubble bags and then use that to make edible oil, or just skip the bubble hash process all together and just process it all into oil for edibles. I prefer coconut oil just because it tastes better, in my opinion.

But for smoking even as hash, this might not be the best. For edibles it should be perfect, though. If you're into edibles, that is.

Again this likely all depends on how it was stored. If it was kept in a dark dark place and relatively temperature controlled it should still be just fine. I still have buds I'm smoking on from '22 harvest and they're good.

done and done
i need to get 25U smash bags to make cleaner rosin but i smashed a couple of pucks.
i would much rather have an 0z+ of live rosin than a few pounds of canna butter. I can now make tis into canna butter if i want. (coconut oil is better)

Z6
Z12
Z20
Z21
Z22
Z23
Top Bottom