My question is how close? Days? More?
It’s outside Deep South USA

Jeffdaman

Jeffdaman

IMG 2362

taker2u

taker2u

Hello
I am in the same Boat yours looks pretty similar and i am not sure as well i believe i got anothe week or 2 by what people say 16 weeks

20230922 122551
20230922 122439
Trash_2002

Trash_2002

From what I have
what cultivar is that? its supposed to flower for how many weeks? how many weeks she's flowering already? Have a better overall picture too?
she looks close tho.. but its just a guess, one or two weeks maybe? without a closer look we can only go by pistils and overall look.. when senescence is happening the pistils will retreat back almost back inside the calyxes like a pork tail if that makes sense LOL, but this is also very cultivar specific, some are much more evident than others to show senescence and when they are really finished...

3cats

3cats

I don’t seem to have as many white hairs so I am a tad closer I think
Different strains have different amount of hairs on them, some with none.

Its a matter of potency over quantity now. At about 8 weeks they have the highest thc count but they can double in weight over the next few weeks losing a small percent of thc each week. I like zero clear all cloudy with some amber. I go 11 weeks indoors on most strains so they are well done. I have a Sour Diesel growing at 11.5 weeks getting cut today.

Jeffdaman

Jeffdaman

Well days started getting shorter June 21 so 13 weeks since then. Mowie wowie outside southern usa

MisterHelix

MisterHelix

Why don’t you just assume it’ll be ready on October 15th, and then watch the weather.

An “eight week” indica at the 38th or 39th parallel (“the south”) is typically ready October 1st, plus or minus a week.

As long as it’s clear and dry weather, why cut?

I only have ten fingers, so I don’t think I’m smart enough to be counting days to tell me when to harvest.

Jeffdaman

Jeffdaman

Why don’t you just assume it’ll be ready on October 15th, and then watch the weather.

An “eight week” indica at the 38th or 39th parallel (“the south”) is typically ready October 1st, plus or minus a week.

As long as it’s clear and dry weather, why cut?

I only have ten fingers, so I don’t think I’m smart enough to be counting days to tell me when to harvest.
Yea I probably will wait I was just wondering say 50-50 cloudy clear how many hours days weeks till 70 cloudy 30 amber is in mowie wowie outside

MisterHelix

MisterHelix

Oh, if it’s the one and only Maui Wowie from The Legendary Hawaiian Landrace™️ then in exactly 483 hours it will be perfect from top to bottom.

Shoulda just said so in the first place.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Three or four weeks. Just keep an ion it. The environment, dictates how long it will take! Not necessarily the strain. In my opinion, ideally, you would want to run them until the leaves start to turn purple and yellow and whatever. Senescence. But in a lot of places, that’s not possible. Pusher as far as you can!

MisterHelix

MisterHelix

Well days started getting shorter June 21 so 13 weeks since then. Mowie wowie outside southern usa
This is not how you’ll want to count weeks of flower outdoors.

Maybe start July 21st as week one. Maybe.
But I don’t think you’re that far south.

No way you should start counting at the solstice

3cats

3cats

Three or four weeks. Just keep an ion it. The environment, dictates how long it will take! Not necessarily the strain. In my opinion, ideally, you would want to run them until the leaves start to turn purple and yellow and whatever. Senescence. But in a lot of places, that’s not possible. Pusher as far as you can!
Yes to a point but Sativa and sativa leaning will tend to take longer than Indica leaning plants and it looks more of an Indica. Most plants I see will start forming buds at 10 - 14 days and that for me here on the 45th parallel is mid August, that would put that top pic at 7 weeks and it looks about right. The lower pic doesn't look as well developed.

If my 7 week guesstimate is close to right then assume 3 more weeks at least, if it was mine

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
In my opinion, fuck the weeks! Read the plant! She will communicate with you! And it’s not just try combs! It’s overall! Just my two cents!

3cats

3cats

In my opinion, fuck the weeks! Read the plant! She will communicate with you! And it’s not just try combs! It’s overall! Just my two cents!
Sure if you know how to read the plants but that comes from experience so for a good reference point days in count to a reliable finish. Like I said around 8 weeks they are at their strongest but if weight and the effects are important waiting longer just adds weight and mellows the effects

Latest posts

Top Bottom