Utilizing 4ft of vertical space/SCRoG or SOG/Thin HLG LED

• Thread starter TheCatDaddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheCatDaddy

TheCatDaddy

Longer story short, I moved and only have 4ft of vertical space until the addition is done. I’m used to doing notill with big pots/beds, would like to continue to use organic soil (homemade coots + crustacean meal and MBP.)

I can either do SCROG by using short/extra wide fabric pots.. Top the planet semi quickly, and diligently LST it horizontally and trim up whatever shoots wouldn’t produce much. Pretty simple I think, I don’t see how it would be any different then a normal SCROG besides it being shorter but have wider/longer shoots. My LED is bit and covers a lot of area, and is only 2.75in deep (HLG Scorpion R Spec.)

My other choice is SOG, I do have a mother plant (wasn’t intended for this though,) that I could clip some clones from. I’ve never done SOG before, wouldn’t use soil so it’d have to be coco/hydro.

Suggestions? I’m thinking SCROG is the way to go. Having trouble finding really short/really wide pots though. Cannabis roots would be fine in the a pot like that, correct? Thanks fellas for real, i’m just unsure.

Top Bottom