veg+bloom, 1 part powder in socal tap

• Thread starter ill eagle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
We Solidarity

We Solidarity

lovin veg+bloom, it tastes cleaner and burns cleaner than just about every other nutrient I've tried...I haven't smoked a bowl of veg+bloom buds that I can't tap the ash out (as opposed to having to use a poker or something). Going to try it with a few different bloom boosters to see what wins out.

As far as the residue powder, I find mixing in temps over 70 degrees helps get rid of some of it. It takes a while for it to completely dissolve unless the water is kept moving, but it will. I haven't had problems running it through irrigation.

S

ScRaider88

lovin veg+bloom, it tastes cleaner and burns cleaner than just about every other nutrient I've tried...I haven't smoked a bowl of veg+bloom buds that I can't tap the ash out (as opposed to having to use a poker or something). Going to try it with a few different bloom boosters to see what wins out.

As far as the residue powder, I find mixing in temps over 70 degrees helps get rid of some of it. It takes a while for it to completely dissolve unless the water is kept moving, but it will. I haven't had problems running it through irrigation.

Right on bro, thanks for the input and tips! I'm filling my 55 gallon drum right now for my 48 ebb and flow buckets. Can't wait to hit em with the veg+bloom in the buckets.
20130822 193300

S

ScRaider88

Does anyone have any input as far as feed time and schedule goes with these ebb and flow buckets? I see a lot of people doing 3 sometimes 4 floods per day. Then some people say they're doing it like every hour or two hours depending on flood time (15-30 min)? Not sure what's best using hydroton?

ill eagle

ill eagle

rocks.... never liked em' I haven't used em' in a decade. I think we flooded em' every 3-4 hours only during the light cycle. I like the wool in buckets as you can let em' dry out and smash em' with a good feed every now and then.

Man this Mars OG smells like a heineken tastes on a hot summer day.
Ie1
Ie2

S

ScRaider88

That Mars Og looks killer! What's her background?

And this is my first run with rocks, and I'm leaning towards grow chunks for the next one. Felt like I had participated in a strong man contest from rinsing all 48 of those buckets, each filled with rocks in my shower tub. Besides, I'm beginning to feel like the rocks are starting to mess with the pH stability of my resi as I feel I'm having to adjust my ph too often.

ill eagle

ill eagle

Don't know what she's made of. Friend of mine has been working her genetically, pushing out new beans. She's pretty stable as you can see in these pics her babies don't fall far from the tree. I think we are going to end up SOG on trays with these. I'm thinking 12 per kw for 2+lbs. The stickiness that she puts off with the dirty is putting older OGs out of business. Really can't compete with the sap
Ie1
Ie2

pussOGbrah

pussOGbrah

^^^some very nice chron bro looks kinda like sour dubb

Does anyone have any input as far as feed time and schedule goes with these ebb and flow buckets? I see a lot of people doing 3 sometimes 4 floods per day. Then some people say they're doing it like every hour or two hours depending on flood time (15-30 min)? Not sure what's best using hydroton?

i never did buckets but really wanted to. But I ran hydroton ebb and flood for a long time on tables and it could be the best medium ever ever, but it is a real pita to deal with if your growing stealth in a house. The grit that runs off when you clean the rocks in your tub will mess up your plumbing bad so dont let it run down the drain lol..

I know its been a week or two since you asked for advice, but i would start your plants off real slow in veg with the waterings. 2, maaybe 3 waterings per day. one lights on, one 10 hours in, maybe one an hour before lights off...never feed more than once every 4-5 hrs

As they get more established you can water more, the beauty of hydroton is it holds some water for a while but is impossible almost to overwater. I only ever had problems when the rockwool plug got burried too deep, letting it get watered as much as the hydroton. This caused major overwatering. The key is making sure the rockwool or starter medium never gets touched by the flood water. top-feed sparingly if you must till roots grow the few inches down into the hydroton flood zone. You also might need to elevate those buckets a little bit so they fully drain back to the rezi..sitting water is not good obviously..

A trick for hydroton: after spaghetti straining it or however you clean it dump all this clean hydroton in a brute trash can. Fill it with water so the hydroton is completely covered then add 3-4 cups of white vinegar and mix .The soak solution should be about 4.0-5 ph...Let your balls soak (lol) for a day minimum-a week if you want. It's totally safe and will help fortify the hydroton and majorly reduce Ph rising. After soaking in vinegar solution: drain, rinse clean with fresh water, then plant in it.

ill eagle

ill eagle

I haven't ever seen Caps and Benny's. If it was at my shop I might try it. My boys are pushing bacteria/myco products on me left and right. I ran Greatwhite and didn't see much of a difference. I'm not even sure what differences to look for.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I haven't ever seen Caps and Benny's. If it was at my shop I might try it. My boys are pushing bacteria/myco products on me left and right. I ran Greatwhite and didn't see much of a difference. I'm not even sure what differences to look for.
Ill you can find capulators bennies at http://ogbiowar.com/ or you can PM capulator here at the farm and he will try and get them into your local shop,You will not be sorry!

Budhound86

Budhound86

Caps are good! I'm currently running them and killed my fungust gnat larvae without 12hrs. They decayed! Here's link for Caps thread on product.https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/testimonials-for-ogbiowar-caps-bennies.46603/ I like it better than anything else out right now on the shelves which are overhyped and overprice! Reason why I dig V+B gear, cheap and effective! Switched from Dyna. You'll see some of my images of FG's in wool die/grow fungi after one application. Would like to see you get better results using Caps products.

Budhound86

Budhound86

Question, I'm noticing some nut buildup on top of coco and around my non woven grow bags at 1tsp/gal. Is that something which occurs in coco or am I feeding to high?

R

rarekind

So, in what source water do we use the dirty formula? My tap is 141 ppm @ a 7.07 ph. I want to run rockwool in 2 gal. bottom netpots. eagle,.... sell me your blue bucket syste, or point me in the direction to purchase one.Also, are you still rooting clones in a .1ec solution? Sorry if I overlooked the information.

S

ScRaider88

PussOGbrah: Some good info right there, thanks. Lol guess I should dump some draino down my shower drain!

Budhound86

Budhound86

So, in what source water do we use the dirty formula? My tap is 141 ppm @ a 7.07 ph. I want to run rockwool in 2 gal. bottom netpots. eagle,.... sell me your blue bucket syste, or point me in the direction to purchase one.Also, are you still rooting clones in a .1ec solution? Sorry if I overlooked the information.

If your an SD local like some here hit up Green Trees in Vista.
http://www.hydroponics.net/

ill eagle

ill eagle

I'll be running the Oxygen Pot system with the Dirty and Promix on my next run. I like Green Tree's buckets but they have their limits. I have been vegging for 10 days on average but will be able to veg for 20 days, prune, and flip in the Oxygen pot buckets.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I just found an ad for this stuff in Maxim Yield, then google search, and look where it brought me LOL, has anyone ran this against Heavy 16 ? I have been using the H-16 with Caps teas but have just started on this trhead. the results look fucking amazing !!!!, I'm using pro mix so I'm guessing that I need the Dirty?

ill eagle

ill eagle

Ya man, the Dirty would be your choice. I've read through a few other threads where it was used with promix and run it myself, it's phenomenal. I can't speak for H16 because the multipart liquids don't work in my routine. I like to pre-weigh my bags and drop em' on my caretakers. Makes my life hella easy and the buds are stanky danky

S

ScRaider88

Here's a shot of my room rockin the v+b under 6k. Loving this stuff so far. Not a perfect room due to a root aphid issue way early on in veg so I lost a good amount of Black Diamond OG's, and had to plant what I had which were young cuts of a few different strains. Strains in the room include Black Diamond OG, Sugaree (like the song), Bubba Mist (our own personal strain...pre 98 bubba X Kali Mist [100%sativa], and a couple Gogi OG.

20131004 224941 8 bestshot
S

ScRaider88

Hey fellow V+B users... any ideas what's causing this on some lower leaves? Day 9 of flower and at about 1.3 ec per HR feed schedule on their website. Only other addition is Hygrozyme. Any input or help is appreciated.

20131016 122035

20131016 122124

Top Bottom