Wanna get some tips on drying and curing

• Thread starter MrGreenfinga
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

Got a plant a little far from harvest but I figured it couldn’t hurt to be prepared

So my plan was to hang whole my plant filling a 2x4

And dry it at 60F and 60RH
Then trim it nicely and put it into jars

Im just a beginner when it comes to curing
so anything that includes drying and curing i really want some advice on 🤟

BryanOconner

BryanOconner

60 humidity . It will never dry . Need it a bit lower then that . Curing . So once you grab a bud squeeze it . you will feel its dry inside of it not totally dry but 90 % . Time to put it into bags totes jars your wife panties lol works best . Crack that jar every 4 hours or so the first few days . You will notice its wet again Its ok .Mix it up again and again every time . Continue the process until you notice les and less moisture Then crack and check all the buds mix them a bit twice daily . Soon you will notice no more moisture keep it sealed for use . So commercial growers do not cure . They cut branches off the plant so it dries better . Never cut the bud off the branch this will degrade smell . So once its dry in a commercial grow typical in the 40 humidity range and temps in the 75 to 80f so many lights heat . About 10 days its off for sale . How is your dispo weed ? I never suggest smoking dispo weed can be toxic . But point is. Was the dispo weed smooth on the lungs ? You may or may not notice your cured taste better and more smooth .

N

Natep

I hang mine at 60% and usually I can only get my tent down to about 72. I let it hang for 2 weeks at minimum. Then I put it in jars and burp daily. I hang mine right above my organic bed.

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

60 humidity . It will never dry . Need it a bit lower then that . Curing . So once you grab a bud squeeze it . you will feel its dry inside of it not totally dry but 90 % . Time to put it into bags totes jars your wife panties lol works best . Crack that jar every 4 hours or so the first few days . You will notice its wet again Its ok .Mix it up again and again every time . Continue the process until you notice les and less moisture Then crack and check all the buds mix them a bit twice daily . Soon you will notice no more moisture keep it sealed for use . So commercial growers do not cure . They cut branches off the plant so it dries better . Never cut the bud off the branch this will degrade smell . So once its dry in a commercial grow typical in the 40 humidity range and temps in the 75 to 80f so many lights heat . About 10 days its off for sale . How is your dispo weed ? I never suggest smoking dispo weed can be toxic . But point is. Was the dispo weed smooth on the lungs ? You may or may not notice your cured taste better and more smooth .
ofcourse it will dry at 60RH
Just going to take longer time
preserve the terpenes and quality
And prevent the hay smell

My plan wasnt to cure for so long either as im selling it
to me curing doesnt make it smoother it only makes the smell more intense and the overall smoking experience better

But i dont know yet plan was to let it hang for 2 weeks maybe and then cut it up let it cure for a week or two

BryanOconner

BryanOconner

to me curing doesnt make it smoother it only makes the smell more intense and the overall smoking experience better

But i dont know yet plan was to let it hang for 2 weeks maybe and then cut it up let it cure for a week or two
Cut the branches off the plant . Let them dry in 10 days off to wonderland . They will smell just fine . Dry trim them

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Got a plant a little far from harvest but I figured it couldn’t hurt to be prepared

So my plan was to hang whole my plant filling a 2x4

And dry it at 60F and 60RH
Then trim it nicely and put it into jars

Im just a beginner when it comes to curing
so anything that includes drying and curing i really want some advice on 🤟
It depends on last time you watered, fan leaves, bud density. You want a crunch on the outside of solid buds but a good bounce back feom the inside, so the internal moisture can move to the outer part. Curing evens out the moisture in the bud and if done properly is the difference between good weed and great week, plus it greatly extends shelf life if there is at least a quick cure. If the stem snaps you are screwed. Gotta get jars, humidity meters for them and practice. Drying is much more experience than science.

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

It depends on last time you watered, fan leaves, bud density. You want a crunch on the outside of solid buds but a good bounce back feom the inside, so the internal moisture can move to the outer part. Curing evens out the moisture in the bud and if done properly is the difference between good weed and great week, plus it greatly extends shelf life if there is at least a quick cure. If the stem snaps you are screwed. Gotta get jars, humidity meters for them and practice. Drying is much more experience than science.
100% Thanks alot man😄🤟
I just dont feel godt about smushing a bud between my fingers feels like breaking the rules😂

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter

If you are selling you shold probably get some grows under you belt first. If you sell boof you lose people's trust forever. Wait until you have quality stuff whether this grow or 3 grows from now and then sell. If you blow it out the gate you lose your reputation. Just my 2 cents

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

If you are selling you shold probably get some grows under you belt first. If you sell book you lose people's trust forever. Wait until you have quality stuff whether this grow or 3 grows from now and then sell. If you blow it out the gate you lose your reputation. Just my 2 cents
100% Agree
People here doesnt really smoke green mostly brown hash
So if you got something with crystals and hasnt been shaked its good weed😂
But im only selling abit of it to afford some upgrades i need some new fans and maybe a new lamp for my closet

I think the concept of making money ruins the fun of growing weed as a hobby typa thing😄🤟

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
100% Agree
People here doesnt really smoke green mostly brown hash
So if you got something with crystals and hasnt been shaked its good weed😂
But im only selling abit of it to afford some upgrades i need some new fans and maybe a new lamp for my closet

I think the concept of making money ruins the fun of growing weed as a hobby typa thing😄🤟
Nice, I did the same thing to build up my setup indoors, in that case you are good to go 👍
I totally agree about money ruining weed. I have a couple close friends who I gift to and that's about it. People have offered me 20 a gram a few times but I need my herb for my quality of life and I can't afford to buy it so i grow it to sustain my medecine supply. If I have a huge outdoor season I might sell for reasonable prices to fund the next grow but I won't gouge people, I just won't do it.

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

Nice, I did the same thing to build up my setup indoors, in that case you are good to go 👍
I totally agree about money ruining weed. I have a couple close friends who I gift to and that's about it. People have offered me 20 a gram a few times but I need my herb for my quality of life and I can't afford to buy it so i grow it to sustain my medecine supply. If I have a huge outdoor season I might sell for reasonable prices to fund the next grow but I won't gouge people, I just won't do it.
That’s exactly the kinda vibe i need on this platform🤟
Youre good people Canna i like you😄👊
Imma head off to bed have a greath day🌅

Top Bottom