Week 6 Flower, Fan Leaf Normal Decay or Nute Disorder?

• Thread starter NickSkyland
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NickSkyland

NickSkyland

Week 6 flower fan leaf normal decay or nute disorder

It's pretty late in the game... nearing the end of week 6 flower. I'm positive my soil is fried and near the breaking point, from roots eating all the humus, and me pushing nutes as hard as I can throughout veg, then flower.

I'm a pretty good grower, I think, but only a year and a half experience with cannabis cultivation.

I know this could be a nutrient excess, nutrient deficiency, or normal decay of leaf near end of life.

Wondering your thoughts. Is this a good sign? Bad sign?

Out of 5 plants, 3 leaves look like that. Most are pretty solid green.

Week 6 flower fan leaf normal decay or nute disorder 2

Really curious if it's a nute thing or normal decay. If nute then I'd like to learn from my mistake for future grows.

Thanks for any comments on this.

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

Without knowing your run-off ppms and how you've been feeding, it's hard to say what's fade and what's deficiency. In my garden, I'm tapering down feeding toward the end of flower, so seeing some fade is expected and welcomed. With an eight-week variety, for example, I target 1000 ppms/2.0 EC in week six, so the plants are finishing up what's available in the final weeks.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Hello Nick welcome to the forum.
I have some ideas but a little more background would also help.
Your nearing the end of week 6 of flower.
What have you been feeding her? How much how often?
Potting medium? Pot size.

I'm thinking at this stage of the game it's a little calcium deficiency. At this stage it's not a big deal.
If it where a little earlier, you could put 2 teaspoons of Gypsum in a gallon of water. Mix and water well along with your feeding
in order to get Calcium in the pot but at week 6 you should be thinking about winding down the nutrients
and letting her clean out the pot. Before final flush and just water week.

Beyond that your plants look really good.
Just my .02

NickSkyland

NickSkyland

Thanks. I don't have any EC, PPM, or PH testers. I definitely need to get a set. I'm sure it would answer all my questions without guessing from so many variables based off a picture lol.

They are in 2 gallon pots. Miracle grow potting soil.

For veg, they got aquarium water and a little epsom salt, if the leaves wernt as green as I liked.

In flower started switching to banana peel tea, wood ash tea, and homemade bone broth. The broth is a byproduct of bone meal im making, that I'm going to try next grow.

I cut the veg nutes off at week 4.5. Maybe a little early? Maybe give them 1 veg feed in week 5 and 6 too?

Every 7 days I give each about a cup of feed for 5 days of week, a drain off feed once a week, with a no feed day after.

Every 2 weeks I give a straight water day. At flower switch and at week 4 flower I give straight water to run off, to clean out soil a bit.

NickSkyland

NickSkyland

In past grows, I'd add a little aquarium water in my flower teas. The leaves stay green till the end, which I don't think is ideal, so trying to iron out a home stretch feed routine

NickSkyland

NickSkyland

at week 6 you should be thinking about winding down the nutrients and letting her clean out the pot. Before final flush and just water week.

Sounds good. I'll finish them out like that. Thanks again

Latest posts

Top Bottom