Weird leaves on vegetative. Coco

• Thread starter artha
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

artha

Hello, i think my plants has some problem, what you guys think?
Ph 6.0
Ec 1.4
Or everything looks fine? Watering every 2 days with 1 litre
Weird leaves on vegetative coco

Stokes

Stokes

Cant tell buddy, looks all pixelated like an NES game over screen

Stokes

Stokes

What brand coco?

Whats your runoff ec/ph? Does the strain you’re running typically have red stems? If not i would double check that your coco came buffered, because magnesium directly effects the uptake of phosphorus iirc, which would explain the red stems

Last edited:
A

artha

What brand coco?

Whats your runoff ec/ph? Does the strain you’re running typically have red stems? If not i would double check that your coco came buffered, because magnesium directly effects the uptake of phosphorus iirc, which would explain the red stems
Plagron Cocos Perlite 70/30

Run off pH was 5.3
Ec was 2.2

Flushed with water and calmag only. Ph 6.3

Stokes

Stokes

Plagron Cocos Perlite 70/30

Run off pH was 5.3
Ec was 2.2

Flushed with water and calmag only. Ph 6.3

Unless youre running something like athena you ec is way too high for veg imo, im on the conservative side when feeding but I rarely get above 1.3 Ec for veg, i dont see any benefit of pushing your plants that hard. I also keep my ph for veg around 5.8-5.9, i get it up to around 6.2 for flower, building up a little daily.

With that high ec in your runoff i would probably say you need to pay attention that your runoff is adequate every feeding, and ensure proper ph is consistent. Iirc you want your runoff within +/- 300ppm.

Here is my feed chart i go by, i got it out of a book and if you watch your ph and get good runoff you shouldnt have a problem. I start on the low end for each phase, and if they ask for more i bump up the ec by about .1 or .2. Im no expert in coco so take this with a grain of salt. Ive never had a deficiency or toxicity in coco, or even a sad leaf.

IMG 8999
Last edited:
A

artha

Unless youre running something like athena you ec is way too high for veg imo, im on the conservative side when feeding but I rarely get above 1.3 Ec for veg, i dont see any benefit of pushing your plants that hard. I also keep my ph for veg around 5.8-5.9, i get it up to around 6.2 for flower, building up a little daily.

With that high ec in your runoff i would probably say you need to pay attention that your runoff is adequate every feeding, and ensure proper ph is consistent. Iirc you want your runoff within +/- 300ppm.

Here is my feed chart i go by, i got it out of a book and if you watch your ph and get good runoff you shouldnt have a problem. I start on the low end for each phase, and if they ask for more i bump up the ec by about .1 or .2. Im no expert in coco so take this with a grain of salt. Ive never had a deficiency or toxicity in coco, or even a sad leaf.
Im feeding with 1.4EC, even after flushing im getting low ph, high ec on run off. Any ideas how to fix my problems? 🤔

I wondering maybe my plant problem appeared because of overwatering? My plants soil was still wet before transplanting to bigger pots and after transplant I watered them with 1L of water. And after this my plants was wet for 3 days, I watered again only when soil was just moist, not wet. I think now its starting to be even worse than before.

20240507 071553
Stokes

Stokes

Im confused, is it soil or coco?
How much water did you run through it?

S

SnoopingAsUsualI

Im feeding with 1.4EC, even after flushing im getting low ph, high ec on run off. Any ideas how to fix my problems? 🤔

I wondering maybe my plant problem appeared because of overwatering? My plants soil was still wet before transplanting to bigger pots and after transplant I watered them with 1L of water. And after this my plants was wet for 3 days, I watered again only when soil was just moist, not wet. I think now its starting to be even worse than before.
well those plants are not looking any bad, so I guess everything is okay with the soil?

Stokes

Stokes

Im guessing your plants arent drinking because either the ec is too high or your coco is hydrophobic. Dont worry about ph of runoff unless your plant looks like its not absorbing anything. I think you need to keep dumping water until your ec lowers.

What nutrients are you using?

A

artha

Im guessing your plants arent drinking because either the ec is too high or your coco is hydrophobic. Dont worry about ph of runoff unless your plant looks like its not absorbing anything. I think you need to keep dumping water until your ec lowers.

What nutrients are you using?
Shogun Calmag, shogun katana roots, shogun samurai A+B. Plagron Cocos Perlite 70/30. Plants looks like not absorbing magnesium even after flushing

Stokes

Stokes

You had one liter of runoff or you watched 1 liter of water enter the pot

Stokes

Stokes

Im going to get some sleep and come back to this. Please watch a youtube video in your native language regarding the importance of runoff in coco and we will discuss

S

SnoopingAsUsualI

Hello, i think my plants has some problem, what you guys think?
Ph 6.0
Ec 1.4
Or everything looks fine? Watering every 2 days with 1 litre
View attachment 2164649
I would say looks fine, I see no problem. The greeny color is most likely just the young leaves. Although it could be a lack of potassium, but even if so - very slight

A

artha

The problem was light stress. How to treat my plants after fixing the problem? Maybe next feeding use only half strength nutrients?

Top Bottom