What’s up Forum, I was coming in here to see if anyone had any advice they could lay on me

• Thread starter ModernFarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

ModernFarmer

This is my 4x4 grow with Gavita 1700 above at 450w and 6 luxx clone lights strapped together as a makeshift under canopy.

This is only my second run and I’m not too familiar with what finished flower completely looks like.

This is supposedly is RS54 and we are rounding day 60 of flower.

Not sure if my feed matters but I’m running
GH 3 part
Purpinator
Rock Resinator until week 6
Bud Swel until week 6

And looking to start a water rinse since I wouldn’t necessarily call it a flush.
Appreciate any advice! T I A

Whats up forum i was coming in here to see if anyone had any advice they could lay on me
Whats up forum i was coming in here to see if anyone had any advice they could lay on me 2
Whats up forum i was coming in here to see if anyone had any advice they could lay on me 3
Whats up forum i was coming in here to see if anyone had any advice they could lay on me 4
Whats up forum i was coming in here to see if anyone had any advice they could lay on me 5
Whats up forum i was coming in here to see if anyone had any advice they could lay on me 6
R

RhastaBlasta

I could say potassium or magnesium but I think the issue is in something else. What is your light? Seems like some of the leaves are burned. Along with that, the whole garden does seems like it could have been struck with something biological...check the leaves, perhaps pests. I would say take a close look for that

M

ModernFarmer

I could say potassium or magnesium but I think the issue is in something else. What is your light? Seems like some of the leaves are burned. Along with that, the whole garden does seems like it could have been struck with something biological...check the leaves, perhaps pests. I would say take a close look for that
Thanks for replying, it’s a gavita 1700 only at 75% and the yellowing is attributed to the plants drying back too hard I think.

Newty

Newty

Are you using the GH Flora series or a different GH nutes?

Are you following the feed chart? If so I don't recommend doing that, at least for the Flora Series.

What soil or medium are you using?

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Thanks for replying, it’s a gavita 1700 only at 75% and the yellowing is attributed to the plants drying back too hard I think.
No there’s a lot more than that going on
The leaves are definitely burnt
Some looks like light burn some looks like fertiliser issues and incorrect watering

When they start to yellow from age it looks totally different

Yeah I’d just switch to water only there full of n if not p&k

How far away from the top of the plants is the light

Stokes

Stokes

Whats your runoff look like?
Id say youre definitely overfeeding at this point

M

ModernFarmer

Are you using the GH Flora series or a different GH nutes?

Are you following the feed chart? If so I don't recommend doing that, at least for the Flora Series.

What soil or medium are you using?
Yeah I am following the feed chart💀
Not too sure how to feed otherwise!

M

ModernFarmer

No there’s a lot more than that going on
The leaves are definitely burnt
Some looks like light burn some looks like fertiliser issues and incorrect watering

When they start to yellow from age it looks totally different

Yeah I’d just switch to water only there full of n if not p&k

How far away from the top of the plants is the light
The lights like 2 feet off the plant
And yeah my feeding might just be shit

Stokes

Stokes

Yeah it’s seems people are saying it’s excess N.

If you’re in week 8 you’re overfeeding everything. Unless youre doing a long flowering sativa you should start tapering. Leaf visuals arent as important at this point, only trichomes are.

M

ModernFarmer

If you’re in week 8 you’re overfeeding everything. Unless youre doing a long flowering sativa you should start tapering. Leaf visuals arent as important at this point, only trichomes are.
Should I water feed for another week and hope for the best?

Stokes

Stokes

Thats peat.

If they were my plants i would give a give a good flush of ph’d ro water or distilled to a good bit of runoff. Then after they dried up a little bit i would resume feeding at 75% and go from there. Definitely stop using any boosters, thats where most of your cosmetic issues are coming from (excess p/k/calcium)

Have you had a good look at your trichomes? If theyre cloudy i would give a good flush and maybe quit feeding altogether. Give a couple more waterings maybe to use up any remaining nutrients.

At week 8 your buds are done bulking. Shes going to be ugly either way but to paraphrase another grower: we dont smoke leaves.

Last edited:
Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Should I water feed for another week and hope for the best?
Yes. Agree with the others it’s not just excess n it’s everything you want to try “ flush “ as in just use water

The buds should still be ok probably even better than your local dealers bud once trimmed and cured it’s one of the reasons I don’t recommend defoliation as the fan leaves buffer any mistakes leaving the buds still ok could do better but hey no one masters everything overnight and we’ve all been there done it and wore the t shirt I challenge a grower here to say they knew everything straight of the bat
you’ll get there and enjoy some smoke along the way just coz they leaves are messed up doesn’t mean it won’t be enjoyable 🙂

Stokes

Stokes

At the full strength or at less than

Edit
I just noticed the small print

Im going to be completely honest here, ive never had a plant in my tent that required the manufacturer’s recommended amounts. I usually hover around 80-90% of it. That goes for dry amendments or liquid chemical. I mean for stretch and bulk probably, definitely not in veg or where youre at now. Remember theyre in the business of selling nutrients, theyre gonna recommend the maximum amount without damaging your plants

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
How would you like your plants sir? Well done I assume, that’s just the start tho, you got some great growers In here to help. 👍🏻

Top Bottom