what’s wrong with my plant

• Thread starter greenlover420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

greenlover420

i do genuinely apologize for being an asshat there.

Normally im very even mannered and i am sorry for even letting thinking that allow me to be a dick.

Welcome to thcfarmer and im sorry if i put a bad taste in your mouth here.

You have several options moving forward, if its a photoperiod plant and you;d liek to keep it around to learn from or its some genetics you dont have more of and really want to grow out, most the options have been covered. And if that plant is an autoflower you need to make that decision a week ago lol. Not to be an asshat there either.

If photoperiod, and you continue to water at the correct Ph it will just slowly come around on it's own but itll be a lot of waiting and plant stress and stunting on the way to that health.

The differing options given, are just that, viable and differing options lol. They are not conflicting information like may seem to a newer grower.
no worries i know i seem indecisive just trying to get all angles before making a decision. it was a photoperiod of some old seeds I had stored. Going to start over with new photo seeds and use the new soil i picked up. doesn’t seem worth it waiting on that plant to recover.

G

greenlover420

no worries i know i seem indecisive just trying to get all angles before making a decision. it was a photoperiod of some old seeds I had stored. Going to start over with new photo seeds and use the new soil i picked up. doesn’t seem worth it waiting on that plant to recover.
day 20 other plant topped at 5th node when should i begin lst? is too late to start another plant for it to catch up to this one?

IMG 0860
IMG 0861
Sunasun

Sunasun

day 20 other plant topped at 5th node when should i begin lst? is too late to start another plant for it to catch up to this one?
There's nothing there to lst. And if you keep over watering, she'll never develop a proper root system, much less grow any thing meaningful above ground.
Use her to get your watering corrected before you torture germinate the next poor victim seed.
Good luck 🤞🤞

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

most PH meters actually come calibrated now a days, usually anyway.

Often people will test them with RO or distilled water and get a crazy high reading and think its not callibrated, but if you put some dissolved solids into the water they will usually be a ok right out of the box. Most come with the buffer powders too even the $6 ebay ones now a days.

These meters use an electrode that works best in water that can conduct some amount of continues current. And a lot of the cheap ones come out of the package with an air bubble down in the bulb of the electrode that sometimes takes a bit of time or shaking around to get back out of the globe section.

If that air bubble is in the globe and not the stem of the electrode, you will get a falsely high, and inconsistent reading.

Those grey/white or blue/white combo Ph/tds/ec meters that run about $25 tend to be WAY more reliable for longer periods of time then the cheap yellow PH meters.

Ive used the same $5 greay tds meter for nearly 15 years now though. those are great.

Just added meter fun facts i suppose lol.
I've got a draw full of dead PH meters here, from top of the line to the $10 cheapos, these days I use the $5 liquid aquarium test kits

G

greenlover420

There's nothing there to lst. And if you keep over watering, she'll never develop a proper root system, much less grow any thing meaningful above ground.
Use her to get your watering corrected before you torture germinate the next poor victim seed.
Good luck 🤞🤞
i’ve only been watering when the soil feels dry and the only way to learn is trail and error

Sunasun

Sunasun

Are you only watering the top layer and not all of the soil? It's possible you're watering too little to frequently then.

Sunasun

Sunasun

i just use a water bottle an evenly wet both sides of the soil
What size is that cup? 16 ounces? And are there holes in the bottom? 4 ounces would be enough to moisten that volume but they look half full, so 2 ounces would be appropriate. If there's no drainage holes, add them now.
Good luck

G

greenlover420

day 23 the plant seems to be looking worse haven’t watered since noticing leaves drooping. anway i can help the plant or just wait it out also dropped a bag of soil on it the other day oops
IMG 0866

Stokes

Stokes

Also, plants need water when theyre slumping like that. When theyre overwatered they will have a hump in the leaves then point down

Top Bottom