what is a good soil

• Thread starter greenlover420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

greenlover420

looking for a good soil for 25 or less
i’m currently using scott’s potting soil but i don’t like the wood chips and rocks i

Stokes

Stokes

If youre in the us and have a single plant, and have coast of maine stonington blend available thats probably your best option that is widely available. Its a more complete soil than ocean forest, smells absolutely lovely. By their chart the only thing you need to add is a top dressing of bone meal in flower, given a reasonable veg time. Only thing is last batch i had brought in fungus gnats, that could have been CoM’s fault or the shop i bought it at. Could happen with any soil. Should be able to remedy that by adding a layer of well rinsed sand as a top layer.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Depends where you are and exactly what you would like to do Mr Green .

I find that plane old Black Earth from the Garden centre is great stuff.
50 / 50 Black Earth and Peat Moss screened is very nice. Indoors or out.
You can amend it how ever you like. Super simple and affordable.

Are you looking to keep your grow living soil as in make your own natural fertilizers? Like this.

Are you thinking off the shelf dry fertilizer or liquid?

You can mix 50 / 50 Vermiculite and Peat Moss. Add some Lime and some Garden Gypsum for indoor
super simple and works great with many off the shelf fertilizers.
Miracle Grow, Schultz, Pro Mix all work well when you know how to use them.

G

greenlover420

If youre in the us and have a single plant, and have coast of maine stonington blend available thats probably your best option that is widely available. Its a more complete soil than ocean forest, smells absolutely lovely. By their chart the only thing you need to add is a top dressing of bone meal in flower, given a reasonable veg time. Only thing is last batch i had brought in fungus gnats, that could have been CoM’s fault or the shop i bought it at. Could happen with any soil. Should be able to remedy that by adding a layer of well rinsed sand as a top layer.
found a good one at walmart pro mix

IMG 0855
Stokes

Stokes

found a good one at walmart pro mix
Looks good bud. I didnt know if you already had nutrients on hand or not, so i mentioned those that would last you a good while. Im a big fan of promix and an even bigger fan of peat with added coir

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

looking for a good soil for 25 or less
i’m currently using scott’s potting soil but i don’t like the wood chips and rocks i
i use pro mix premium organic potting mix from wal mart in a yellow bale its 19.97 where i am

Top Bottom