What is happening to the plant?

• Thread starter Merlin43
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Merlin43

Hey guys, I’m growing an automatic in organic soil and about a week ago signs of leafs wilting up and becoming shiny started. I thought the light might be too close so I fix that problem but new leafs started growing and having dark spots and then brown, seems like necrosis that spreads and kills the leafs.
Temp: 21-26C
RH: 45-55
What have I done wrong? Is it nutrient deficiency? Too much heat? I would really appreciate your help so that I can avoid this in the next run. Thank you very much!

What is happening to the plant
What is happening to the plant 2
What is happening to the plant 3
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I'd say a little close to the light.
What light you using how far above plant at what power level?

M

Merlin43

I'd say a little close to the light.
What light you using how far above plant at what power level?
I‘m using metal halide lamp 150 watt at 80 cm away from canopy. I know it generates a lot of heat but can’t afford LED right now

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
There’s nothing wrong with growing under a hailde tbh if it wasn’t for the heat they throw out I might well go back to them.

You want to raise the light to about 18” min above the plant

I would hazard a guess you know you want to swap the halide to a hps bulb ( that’s if your ballast will run both most will however it’s best to check ) come flower time as the halide bulb has little red / orange and is mostly blue/green

They will curl & twist from the when heat when the lights to close as yours is atm

been ages since I grew under a halide be cool to see them grow under it

M

Merlin43

There’s nothing wrong with growing under a hailde tbh if it wasn’t for the heat they throw out I might well go back to them.

I would hazard a guess you know you want to swap the halide to a hps bulb ( that’s if your ballast will run both most will however it’s best to check ) come flower time as the halide bulb has little red / orange and is mostly blue/green

They will curl & twist from the when heat when the lights to close as yours is atm

Thank you for your suggestion, I did raise the light and have the fan blowing into the bulb directly but do you think it still can be saved?
And yes I do own an HPS bulb for the flower

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Sure it will pull back no problem
Cannabis is very hardy plant it can take a lotta abuse to actually kill it.
The new growth with the lights raised will be good

M

Merlin43

Hey guys, it's me again this time with another problem 😅. It's been 60 days since the plant sprouted and it's going strong. However, I'm noticing some issues such as purple stems. Is it a sign of overfeeding ? Thank you for your help, the last time it was very helpful.
IMG 1292

Sure it will pull back no problem
Cannabis is very hardy plant it can take a lotta abuse to actually kill it.
The new growth with the lights raised will be good

IMG 1293
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
It's been 60 days since the plant sprouted and it's going strong. However, I'm noticing some issues such as purple stems. Is it a sign of overfeeding ?
No. It's most likely not from overfeeding. The plant is producing a common pigment called anthocyanin. There are multiple potential causes, but it's mostly nothing to worry about.

wobbleysausage

wobbleysausage

Hey guys, it's me again this time with another problem 😅. It's been 60 days since the plant sprouted and it's going strong. However, I'm noticing some issues such as purple stems. Is it a sign of overfeeding ? Thank you for your help, the last time it was very helpful. View attachment 2161035
Every single plant i have ever had had purple stems. If its getting hit by light its just protecting itself from radiation. Poisen ivy does the same thing, most people think its green. But it will get redish pinkish if its getting abused by the sun. Imo its good. Your plants gonna start resining up as sun block. Id only worry a bit if it turned into interveinal chlorosis of sorts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom