What is THE MOST silent inline fan on the market? or solution?

• Thread starter Stanza87
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Stanza87

I am absolutely at loss as to where from you can get the most silent inline fan....i have a 2x2 tent in my room where i sleep as well, in my small apartment and before i begin to grow again i am VERY much in need of a SILENT inline fan that wont wake me up during my sleep, and i simply cant find any references anywhere or any testers/reviewers of inline fan products, so im pleading to this awesome community for help, guidance and tips and tricks. So far as for what ive found out on my own are mostly fans from AC Infinty, Spider farmer and Mars Hydro and to me they all look the same and seems to be able to do the very same thing as well tho with minor differences, but i cant figure out if they are silent enough, which i hope i can get some answers to. Ive also looked into some different kind of options like this ---> https://www.ledgrowshop.eu/aiirfans...fan-including-flanges-and-hooks-for-mounting/ from what i understand this should make things much more silent than a regular inline fan setup...but i have no idea if thats true or not, so i want to ask if there is anyone in here who has experience using an Airfan ISO-Box and could shed some light on whether they are really silent and moreso than regular inline fans from earlier mentioned brands, all the pros and cons so to speak.

Any and all help is very much appreciated

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
the old style revolution in line fan is extremely quiet

The newer style is a bit louder

I found one of the older ones on eBay

The top pic is the older version, they are expensive however they last and are the quietest I’ve found however I haven’t tried the box ones.

The bottom pic is the new version bit to noisy in comparison

B5D15F0B 5EC7 4614 8460 8BC4262611C5
F84C2AB5 E4DE 4CFB BB6F D8F32CA38D28
Last edited:
ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

I doubt there's an inline fan that's truly silent at all speeds. Many might be inaudible at low speeds. I'd be tempted to get the largest fan your ducting will accommodate, so you can run it at low speed. I've had good experiences with AC Infinity fans. They're quieter than the Spider Farmer I also have.

R

RhastaBlasta

Well unless you need to vent a volume of titanic then they are mostly not THAT loud, especially if you just leave the room and mount them into the wall...

ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

I am absolutely at loss as to where from you can get the most silent inline fan....i have a 2x2 tent in my room where i sleep as well, in my small apartment and before i begin to grow again i am VERY much in need of a SILENT inline fan that wont wake me up during my sleep, and i simply cant find any references anywhere or any testers/reviewers of inline fan products, so im pleading to this awesome community for help, guidance and tips and tricks. So far as for what ive found out on my own are mostly fans from AC Infinty, Spider farmer and Mars Hydro and to me they all look the same and seems to be able to do the very same thing as well tho with minor differences, but i cant figure out if they are silent enough, which i hope i can get some answers to. Ive also looked into some different kind of options like this ---> https://www.ledgrowshop.eu/aiirfans...fan-including-flanges-and-hooks-for-mounting/ from what i understand this should make things much more silent than a regular inline fan setup...but i have no idea if thats true or not, so i want to ask if there is anyone in here who has experience using an Airfan ISO-Box and could shed some light on whether they are really silent and moreso than regular inline fans from earlier mentioned brands, all the pros and cons so to speak.

Any and all help is very much appreciated
Most of the Noise youll hear is created due to the wind/Air passing through, and not the Engine running. Reducing vibrations can help reduce Noise, but the way most people Mount their Inline fans in the Tents you already archieving this unless you plan to sit the Fan/Filter onto the Ground i woudnt bother about vibrations. (Though you might wanna get back to reducing vibrations if your using extra Fans for circulating Air inside the tent and plan to mount them directly to the tent espec. with oscilatting ones)
The things i found that helps reduce noise ( also sleeping in the room im growing) is using Ducting with Mineralwool inside

Read somewhere it has to be atleast 3m long to archieve the best results with it so i went with that, not sure how well it works if your limited in space and dont have the place for it.
Also keep in mind that if your using an carbon Filter that will reduce noise aswell, as it reduces/dampens the Air running through, if your comparing videos with the Fans running.
And as stated above, getting a Bigger Fan that you need and running it on lower settings is prob. the most effective/ does the most impact on Noise levels.

Cant find enough info how the BoxFans you mentioned are build and mounted with Filters but from what i see i dont think they would make that much of a difference unless they have inbuild Filters which i wouldnt wanna use. Also keep in mind that you might wanna clean your Fans from time to time, not sure how well this goes with the Boxed one you posted.

I think you should be fine with a regular fan, bigger than whats needed and proper ducting including how the ducting is placed, try to keep it straight, bends will not only reduce airflow but also increase slightly more Noise. You can try gently blowing a breeze with your Mouth and then placing your hand before it to get an rough idea on how much "blocking" Air can increase Noise levels.

I Suppose you dont have the luck to have other Mates growing aswell to check their Setups?

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I
I doubt there's an inline fan that's truly silent at all speeds. Many might be inaudible at low speeds. I'd be tempted to get the largest fan your ducting will accommodate, so you can run it at low speed. I've had good experiences with AC Infinity fans. They're quieter than the Spider Farmer I also have.
mines is bud I have to put my hands on it to figure if it’s on you can only tell by the small vibration that I can’t hear I can only feel it.

I have mine sitting on a old duvet cover just in case any vibration travels probably o.t.t. If am honest

I do run it with ( insulated ) silenced duct

Tbh I can’t see anything wrong with wrapping the duvet cover around it if it was noisy it doesn’t put out heat and I can’t see it being a fire hazard

Top Bottom