What light would you choose?

• Thread starter growsince79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

Looking at trying LED again. My first attempt was a failure. The amazon blurple went to the dumpster. What should I buy to replace a 150w HPS.

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

Try out those 240w kingbrites everyones been loving so much?
I got one off amazon, not kingbrite but same style anyway, samsung lm301b diodes. I got mine @3000k for flowering but you can get them in just about any configuration you want

growsince79

growsince79

Try out those 240w kingbrites everyones been loving so much?
I got one off amazon, not kingbrite but same style anyway, samsung lm301b diodes. I got mine @3000k for flowering but you can get them in just about any configuration you want
That would be 60w/ft. A bit too much, unless its dimable.

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

The Viparspectra Pro Series P1500 is 150w quantum board also, i have one and my plants seem to like it :) also has nice dimmer knob

uphere

uphere

Go to alibaba, I just bought a SpiderFarmer 2000 for $240. Yes, its dimmable. I believe 240 watts from the wall. Samsung and meanwell. Supposedly a very nice board, especially for short money.

BigV

BigV

Looking at trying LED again. My first attempt was a failure. The amazon blurple went to the dumpster. What should I buy to replace a 150w HPS.
I recently took the leap and bought my first LED after YEARS of being hard core 1000W HPS guy but a friend convinced me that the Fluance was out performing his DE 1000W so I decided to give it a shot. My advice is to spend the $$$ and get a good light because with HID or LED you will get what you pay for. I know you can get good LEDs for under a grand so maybe a Loriflux or Gavita... Fluance id made in USA if it matters to you.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If I had unlimited funds I would go gravita strips. I don't atm so I went with HLG as I feel the customer service and being in the US plays a part worthy of a little extra money. Kingbright are a great budget option if your looking bang for buck.

growsince79

growsince79

If I had unlimited funds I would go gravita strips. I don't atm so I went with HLG as I feel the customer service and being in the US plays a part worthy of a little extra money. Kingbright are a great budget option if your looking bang for buck.
What yield can be expected from the hlg 100? Any guess?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What yield can be expected from the hlg 100? Any guess?
It's not at all unreasonable to expect a gram per watt or more with someone like you who can grow. Now of course this depends on strain veg time etc also.

It will change some things in your grow though. With the IR like your HPS has you will likely need to run warmer temps. Best to dial those in with and IR temp gun.

What size space are we talking about?

growsince79

growsince79

It's not at all unreasonable to expect a gram per watt or more with someone like you who can grow. Now of course this depends on strain veg time etc also.

It will change some things in your grow though. With the IR like your HPS has you will likely need to run warmer temps. Best to dial those in with and IR temp gun.

What size space are we talking about?
The reason I'm considering switching is to lower the temps. I have a 2 x 4 exhausted outside. I use two 150w hps. Works great in the winter, but I can't do anything in the summer. It's already too hot here.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You want about 30w per sq ft. Is the best way to look at it. A little more is a safe bet as they can be dimmed and are actually more efficient when run at lower power.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
If I could buy again Iā€™d fork up the cash and buy thus one.

dire wolf

dire wolf

The reason I'm considering switching is to lower the temps. I have a 2 x 4 exhausted outside. I use two 150w hps. Works great in the winter, but I can't do anything in the summer. It's already too hot here.
Check out optic 8

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

One of those 240w boards will do a 4x2 perfectly "seedling 24", veg 18", flower 12". "30w/sqft.
Amazon $239.
Or Alibaba or wherever china sourced

Latest posts

Top Bottom