What the hell do i do next!!! Im so new at thisā€¦.

• Thread starter Krystinmadviv3164
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GreenNotYellow

Hard to tell about all of that without seeing those, actually need a photo

Galgrows

Galgrows

For the size of tent those lights will be fine but the big issues are condinsation wet walls, moldy plants too many in that space i think you pushed it way to much if this is your first grow. Sorry to rain on your attempt to grow but i don't believe in giving hope to a crowded trouble chasing grow.

K

Krystinmadviv3164

For the size of tent those lights will be fine but the big issues are condinsation wet walls, moldy plants too many in that space i think you pushed it way to much if this is your first grow. Sorry to rain on your attempt to grow but i don't believe in giving hope to a crowded trouble chasing grow.
This is my first grow I have no idea what Iā€™m doing Iā€™m trying Iā€™m not going to give up either. Any advice is much appreciated. Currently Iā€™m reading marijuana horticulture by Jorge Cervantes which is giving me some good info but I figured I had too many plants. Should I sacrifice a couple to keep my grow healthy?

K

Krystinmadviv3164

Hey buddy, that tent is big enough for 1-2 plants. Especially if youā€™re in a 5 gallon pot or larger. Auto , feminized, or regular depending on the strain. But more than that youā€™re pushing the limits. 160 watts is enough to grow 1 to term. As for 10wks grow time, thatā€™s just a good estimate from the breeder of said strain . And if itā€™s feminized photos or regulars that number usually represents flower time only. It could be dead on or it could go 2-3 more weeks!! Humidity and airflow with too many plants will be a problem. And 1 plant grown right will fill that tent easily. Make sure you check your PPFD with a meter or phone app like Photone to so you know how high to set your lights. If youā€™re using FF Soil itā€™s a toss up whether itā€™s hot or not. But it can usually run a veg cycle without adding many nutes to it or for the first 3-4 weeks. You can add more just watch and learn to read your plants. Every grower will tell you you gotta start somewhere and screwing up is how you learn šŸ’ÆšŸ‘ŠšŸ»
Did you see my latest pics? Of the plants I posted? I think I do have too many plants but getting rid of some is like telling your children to get the fuck out ya know I love those things.

K

Krystinmadviv3164

Did you see my latest pics? Of the plants I posted? I think I do have too many plants but getting rid of some is like telling your children to get the fuck out ya know I love those things.
Thank you so much for your advice you seem knowledgeable about the subject and I like to learn somewhere. I am very interested in this stuff not just for the smoke, but the whole experience is just that amazing experience. Thank you for your advice.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
The one on the right doesnā€™t look like it needs as much food as the others and is showing a slight n toxicity. The one on the left is putting of a color show.

Either genetics as some do or itā€™s a bit to cold at night.probably genetic

Yeah itā€™s crowded but imo Iā€™d just leave them be some defoliation might be suggested but if it was me Iā€™d just flip them and move onto the next grow

K

Krystinmadviv3164

Thank you so much for your advice you seem knowledgeable about the subject and I like to learn somewhere. I am very interested in this stuff not just for the smoke, but the whole experience is just that amazing experience. Thank you for your advice.
I downloaded photone. Amazing app letā€™s see if itā€™s light stress. And another thing I feed these plants foxfarm grow big fertilizer I put 10ml in a one gallon sprayer and the one gal usually goes through all the planrts with a bit left over. I feed em every few days say 3 or 4. Is that too much. ? The second I put them a the foxfarm big bloom with a lower nitrogen level, they withered over night.

K

Krystinmadviv3164

What was the power setting of the lights when they were on 12/12?

It would be helpful for us to see the plants, too.

Okay... Photoperiod plants need to have a light duration change to flower. Typically, that would be a 12/12 schedule. Don't worry about preflowers. Eight weeks of vegetation should be enough. Pictures of the plants would help, though.
I posted pics of my plants I donā€™t quite know how old they are Iā€™m guessing around 6 wks

K

Krystinmadviv3164

What was the power setting of the lights when they were on 12/12?

It would be helpful for us to see the plants, too.

Okay... Photoperiod plants need to have a light duration change to flower. Typically, that would be a 12/12 schedule. Don't worry about preflowers. Eight weeks of vegetation should be enough. Pictures of the plants would help, though.

W

Wheezy420

No problem!! If I were you as hard as it will be, Iā€™d pick the best 1 out of the bunch that looks like it has the bush look. Or the one you most comfortable with learning to low stress train LST. Youā€™ll learn more by training and watching the one fill out the tent. Youā€™ll also get a better idea about the flower stretch as it grows not to mention a much better yield. Especially with lower wattage the plant can explode in flower because thereā€™s not enough light. But if you train and keep it low youā€™ll be ahead of the game.

K

Krystinmadviv3164

Theyā€™re still on an 18/6 and I just fed them today fox farm grow big fertilizer I put 10ml in a gal sprayer and watered them. This is post root bath with bush doctor.

W

Wheezy420

Theyā€™re still on an 18/6 and I just fed them today fox farm grow big fertilizer I put 10ml in a gal sprayer and watered them. This is post root bath with bush doctor.
The very next thing is invest in a ph meter. Youā€™ll need it to reset your ph after adding nutes. Always add silica first if using it then cal/mag. You can add the rest after these. Ph after everything is added and adjust. I stay around 6.3-6.7 in my soil. These pics were of my first grow ever and I learned the hard way about the flower stretch lol!! But I still learned so much from this process šŸ’ÆšŸ‘ŠšŸ»

IMG 1508
IMG 1653
Last edited:
W

Wheezy420

Beautiful
Thanks man!! I done so many things wrong and had no idea what or when to do it. After you watch how she does her thing you pick up on a thing or two though šŸ«£šŸ¤£ This was a perfect example of how I should have trained her down since I was using about the same watts as you are now. You live and learn šŸ’Æ

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Yeah itā€™s crowded but imo Iā€™d just leave them be some defoliation might be suggested but if it was me Iā€™d just flip them and move onto the next grow
+1

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Whatā€™s the matter? Donā€™t like clowns? šŸ¤”
Supporter
If you have good ventilation and circulation,
You can do what you want, sorry to rain on your attempt to rain on someoneā€™s attempt.
But a little humidity is easily remedied. šŸ‘ŠšŸ»šŸ¤”

IMG 4820
IMG 4819
IMG 4815
IMG 4810
IMG 4792
IMG 4744
IMG 4743
IMG 6907
IMG 6891
IMG 6782
IMG 6792