What's Wrong With Her And How Do I Correct It?

• Thread starter Budzy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Budzy

Budzy

She has been vegging for a while now... maybe a month or so and as you can see, something is amiss. She is in soil under a 250W CFL and using AN Sensi Grow A & B and B-52 currently at 25% strength.
Here are some photos i took just now...

Ogk 2 terri 4jpg

Ogk 2 terri 4jpg

Ogk 2 terri 4jpg

Appreciate your expertise!

Ogk 2 terri 4jpg
Papa Indica

Papa Indica

I know an overdose of Nitrogen can bleach leaves white but, it sounds like you're feeding light. Where's your pH at?

Budzy

Budzy

Last feeding was yesterday...

Sensi Grow A&B @ 1mL per Liter (25% strength)
B-52 @ 0.5mL per Liter (25% strength)

Runoff = 6.2pH, 345ppm

I believe it is time to come out of that small container although no roots are coming out the drain holes yet but am trying to hold out until payday for some FFOF soil to put her in. Still, that would not make her behave this way i don't think.

From the AN guy: "When using the pH Perfect the buffers we incorporate into base nutrient enable the plants to uptake nutrients between 4.0 and 8.0."

Budzy

Budzy

April 5th:
Rainwater, did not test pH but is usually around 6.0
Sensi Grow A&B @ 2mL per Liter (50% strength)
B-52 @1mL per Liter (50% strength)
Runoff pH= 6.0
Runoff PPM= 645

Followed by a flush on April 8th:
6.0 Tap.
Runoff = 685 ppm., 6.4 pH.

boston toker

boston toker

How long ago did it start was it before or after your flush

Budzy

Budzy

Tap water before nutes registers 036 ppm, unsure about rainwater.
My memory sucks but am pretty sure the yellowing began before the flush. At that time they were lower leaves yellowing and attributed it to insufficient light but now there are lower leaves that are green.

Now i am a beginner but am thinking this is no big deal and a transplant into fresh soil with some pH'd water will most likely correct whatever the problem is but I would like to learn to recognize and identify these types of problems.

Thanks for your help.

Budzy

Budzy

You know, asking me about the water got me thinking and the last 4 feed/waterings have been with rainwater! I think that is about the time it all started as well. I did not have or even know what a TDS meter was at that time and was going on pH readings.

I ordered some FFOF, should arrive in a week or so.

Toaster79

Toaster79

You've got several different issues going on that resemble Fe, Mg, S, P deficiencies caused by your plant being severly root bound. She out grew that container long time ago. And the damage will be even worse after another week as your new growth is already dying, meaning roots have hit the bottom.

Budzy

Budzy

Seriously!? dammit, ok man thanks for that. I will transplant right away, it isn't gonna be FFOF but I will just go to a 1 gal. pot and transplant again before flower.
Thanks for the info, I knew it was time because of the amount of water she has been consuming lately but as i said, i see no roots protruding anyplace.

I just flushed her before i saw this with:
1L Distilled Water @ 6.5pH, 000ppm.
and liberally sprayed the foliage.
Runoff = 6.7pH., 104 ppm.

Now i must wait for it to dry out a bit or i would transplant today.

Toaster79

Toaster79

You should have fed her with full dose in that tiny container. You won't see any roots poking out because they won't grow out of the medium where theres only dry air and light. I'm guessing you have been ditching that run off?

boston toker

boston toker

Yup exactly what he said. A suggestion from me to u is if you clone or start from seed go straight into their final resting place"pot" otherwise switching from pot to pot u have a good chance of damaging their roots and stressing her out. Rain water from my experience is good for your final flush. And when u go from veg to flower its a good idea to flush your plants to.

Budzy

Budzy

Ok, more great info. Now knowing the problem, I was thinking the same thing about feeding and am thinking it ain't too late since i just watered a few hours ago and she is under 24/0 lighting. I don't think i will go beyond 50% strength tho. She drinks it fast and will be transplant-able in 24 hours am sure.

Also, i am pretty good at transplanting and am not too concerned about harming her by doing that, also when i go to final pot i want ffof soil in there and i believe it is beneficial to let it root up smaller containers and into fresh soil. Although i let this go too far while focused on her 6 week flower sister.
Photo of 'sis:

Olive   Week 51

Last edited:
Budzy

Budzy

I decided against a feeding, just gonna let her dry out and get her in a larger container. what about foliar feeding? are those AN sensi-grow A&B and B-52 ferts suitable for foliar feeding?

Latest posts

Top Bottom