When do i move light

• Thread starter phillyguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bilber

Bilber

well thanks but i see about 48 square ft of wasted space that could have buds in it lol
That's funny.........

You're where you are and it sounds like me talking......

I am always trying to fill in any area/space available....

My main flo area is off limits when I'm flowering, but even then I get that itch that makes me throw more plants in to fill it.....

This goround, nothing new goes in till they are done......

Not so with the lil flo area and the veg area......urghhh......need more room....

Totally understand......

But again, great grow you have......

The key to these super colas......

Training and LONGER veg times.....these and environment is key.....

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

That's funny.........

You're where you are and it sounds like me talking......

I am always trying to fill in any area/space available....

My main flo area is off limits when I'm flowering, but even then I get that itch that makes me throw more plants in to fill it.....

This goround, nothing new goes in till they are done......

Not so with the lil flo area and the veg area......urghhh......need more room....

Totally understand......

But again, great grow you have......

The key to these super colas......

Training and LONGER veg times.....these and environment is key.....
well those are autos and even when i do photos there the same

Bilber

Bilber

Unfortunately, my autos are 20, 30, shit, mine are always small......

I don't grow autos, I play with them.....

So on to the seriousness.....

I know, from past experiences and reading/studying these plants, that there are so many variables.....

Not knowing about your grow, I'm wondering about your watering habits....

Hear me out......I'm trying.......

Do you gradually water/feed super slowly, so that the medium is totally saturated, from top to bottom.....for a fact?

Reason I ask is.....are the roots searching and digging and growing towards the bottom nicely....

Are you vegging long enough for the roots to develop " fully ".......

My plants are usually small because of room restraint.....gotta keep um tiny in veg, then when my bigger area is cleared, in they go.....then they can do there thing......

Monkeybigbuds

Monkeybigbuds

The leaves are upward at a 45 degree angle, appearing to reach for the light. Like this
IMG 3879

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
It looks like the light it off to one side of the plant, usually "praying " is uniform with both leaves, however I think you could safetly turn the light up a bit, just read how she reacts. If the leaves start getting a little droopy, looking like it's overwatered a touch, then dial It back, otherwise you should be good ✌️ happy growing

P

phillyguy

This grow is way over and I'm working on my photo's for outside. I found the mars hydro manual. They suggest 12" at 25% for seedlings. 12" at 50% veg. 12" at full in flower. I didn't feel comfortable with 12" so I went 16" above. I'm now in veg at 50% light. My plants are looking good. 50% is about 225w. My first grow never got over 75 to 100w.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
This grow is way over and I'm working on my photo's for outside. I found the mars hydro manual. They suggest 12" at 25% for seedlings. 12" at 50% veg. 12" at full in flower. I didn't feel comfortable with 12" so I went 16" above. I'm now in veg at 50% light. My plants are looking good. 50% is about 225w. My first grow never got over 75 to 100w.
12" seems too close to me, too. My gut feeling is the plants like more distance. Maybe better dispersion or less heat helps. I'm not sure.

I haven't raised my lights much higher than 50%, till this grow. I have the new AC Infinity light at step 8 at about half-way through flowering.

Newty

Newty

I know a lot of newer growers use the manual recommendations and end up with issues.
Even though I don't like some of Vivosuns business practices, there light hanging recommendations in the manual is better then any other manufacturers recommendation I've seen.
Notice how they say "this is reference only and to adjust to your actual situation".
This is pretty close to how I run both my VS4000 and the Spider Farmer SE4500. I never get closer then 18" in flower though.
As far as dimmer settings, In Seedling and Veg stage, you will never see my lights over 40%. In flower I will ramp up each week until I'm at 80%-100% power (if plants can take it) and let it ride for 3 weeks and then start decreasing light intensity to the end of flower.
Screenshot 20240505 105603 Drive

Newty

Newty

Here is the recommendations from the Spider Farmer manual for my SE4500.
Screenshot 20240505 112036 Drive

I currently have my lights pretty far from there recommendations, I'm in veg sitting at 40% light at 30" high and this is what my plants look like.
20240429 191614

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

yall dont find it strange that all these light company's makin millions of dollar off us ARE WRONG

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
yall dont find it strange that all these light company's makin millions of dollar off us ARE WRONG
Strange? No. I've thought for a while that light power is oversold. That may be good, though. I've reconfigured my tents several times, and it's nice to have flexibility in moving lights, even though I've never run one at 100%.

Top Bottom