Which Grow Tent Would You Buy Again : Spider Farmer Pro-Grade Grow Tent / Vivosun Grow Tent / Mars Hydro Hydroponic Grow Tent / 2x4

• Thread starter SnappyJack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Which Grow Tent Would You Buy Again ?

• Mars Hydro Hydroponic Grow Tent

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Spider Farmer Pro-Grade 2x4 Grow Tent

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Vivosun Grow Tent

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
SnappyJack

SnappyJack

I found searching reviews (Zon) of the following so closely rated .. so I wanted to see what the growers here preferred.

All are approximately the same in cost.. mars hydro is rated about 1 point higher on Zon.. personally I like the zipper flap .

Which Grow Tent Would You Buy Again : Spider Farmer Pro-Grade Grow Tent or Vivosun Grow Tent or Mars Hydro Hydroponic Grow Tent / 2x4

Most likely I will buy the one (of these) most voted on by our members..... Thanks

SnappyJack

SnappyJack

Hey No clue .. appreciate your input... never heard of them.. So.. just to clarify this post / poll is about these three manufactures and the quality of their tents... which incidentally are most likely the most purchased of all tents by us humble growers / farmers & newbies.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Spider farmer.
Zipper failed on my Vivosun tent too fast.
I’m really careful when I open them.
I haven’t even really ever looked at a mars tent.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I found searching reviews (Zon) of the following so closely rated .. so I wanted to see what the growers here preferred.

All are approximately the same in cost.. mars hydro is rated about 1 point higher on Zon.. personally I like the zipper flap .

Which Grow Tent Would You Buy Again : Spider Farmer Pro-Grade Grow Tent or Vivosun Grow Tent or Mars Hydro Hydroponic Grow Tent / 2x4

Most likely I will buy the one (of these) most voted on by our members..... Thanks
Just when you think you got it all figured out! Someone will come in with the complete switcharoo hahahaa! I love it, it forces me to research more and also think about why I actually like that product vs. what a member enlightens me with : )

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
The extra head room on those is great!
Your setup is awesome, I didn’t even know about that company until I started to haunt your thread. I always wondered how much something like that can
A, larger plants = larger yeild
B, the extra height, this clown logic so approach with caution ⚠️ but for folks running hps, like yourself, higher roof means more space for hot air to be cooled before it gets passively routed out
C, the topside space almost guarantees you will never run into headspace issues in the vein of plants stretching too much, and still have plenty of room to house all of your equipment.
👊🏻🤡

Last edited:
SnappyJack

SnappyJack

You bet most of us would love to buy top of the line equipment... but I lay odds that most of us newbies (and their are a lot and more of us .. as more states change polices) really look hard to afford the best of the bottom line equipment... In closing.... I wish I owned a bean factory!

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
You bet most of us would love to buy top of the line equipment... but I lay odds that most of us newbies (and their are a lot and more of us .. as more states change polices) really look hard to afford the best of the bottom line equipment... In closing.... I wish I owned a bean factory!
There's places to save money when growing. Get a quality light and tent, they are the basis of everything your wanting to do

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
The extra head room on those is great!
Your setup is awesome, I didn’t even know about that company until I started to haunt your thread. I always wondered how much something like that can
A, larger plants = larger yeild
B, the extra height, this clown logic so approach with caution ⚠️ but for folks running hps, like yourself, higher roof means more space for hot air to be cooled before it gets passively routed out
C, the topside space almost guarantees you will never run into headspace issues in the vein of plants stretching too much, and still have plenty of room to house all of your equipment.
👊🏻🤡
with everything in the tent i still can do chin ups without it moving around,.. the tent upstairs? no way is it possible to do chins up with nothing in it,..

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
with everything in the tent i still can do chin ups without it moving around,.. the tent upstairs? no way is it possible to do chins up with nothing in it,..
Damn, solid bones.
I’ve never seen a tent that wouldn’t list to port with a few things stored on one so, that’s a giant plus…..

R

RGWD0202

Gorilla are the best but at 3x the cost kinda hard to go that route. I have the VIVOSUN 4x2 it’s fine, it has some minor light leaks around the zippers but in a dark room you’d be fine. If you aren’t in a dark room I’d consider one of your other options, but I have no idea how they compare. For me with tents it’s all about the lower cost and something that will last a couple years. But the really cheap ones possibly don’t use the proper material which could kill your plants. Stick with name brand known tents, not the very cheap Amazon tents in my opinion.

PianoStan

PianoStan

I'm new to growing, and haven't even completed my first grow. I have a 32"x32"x63" Vivosun tent. I bought the everything in one kit. The tent itself is made really well, although the 63" height is a major issue. Because of the hanging light, and air filter, plus the grow bucket, any plant that grows more than 3 feet will be too big for the tent's available space.

I guess that the S.O.G. and ScrOG types of growing will help to mitigate that issue, but I really do wish that the tent was 80-90" tall. But with that issue aside, the tent itself seems to be made very well. The stitching is super good, the reflective material is very reflective, the exhaust fan makes all 4 side suck in almost 2" demonstrating a tight seal and negative pressure. There were many different holes for the intake and exhaust ducts to use making it able to accommodate most grow room needs.

What I don't like about it is the underpowered 100w light that came with it, and the hygrometer. I'm not sure that I can trust it's temp and humidity readings since the clock on it has gained 13 minutes over 3 months.

Top Bottom