White dots on a 4-weeks old seedling

• Thread starter Greenjourney
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greenjourney

Greenjourney

Hi everyone,
I am (surprise surprise) a totally new hobbyist grower. About a month ago I planted two autos on my balcony. Germinated in water and sprouted in coconut vases, then potted about 5 days ago in 11L vases. They lay in high quality universal soil mixed with pearlite.

Today while looking closely I noticed these white dots on some leaves:

Fastbuds' Gelato Auto Zamnesia's Amnesia Haze Auto
White dots on a 4 weeks old seedling 2
White dots on a 4 weeks old seedling

A bit of background:

The seeds were planted in non-inert soil and sprouted beside a window, that probably caused leggy seedlings (when transferring them in the bigger vases they were buried a bit deeper to compensate). They were watered daily and the coconut provided good drainage.
Most importantly, in the last weeks we had a very atypical cold, rainy and dark weather. I decreased the watering because the soil seemed quite moist, although not being under the direct rain. Before re-potting though, the seedlings looked well, apart from a bit of under-growth due to the weather conditions.

Upon eye inspection for parasites I couldn't find anything at all (here's a picture taken with my phone of the bottom left corner of the Amensia image above). Does anyone have an idea about what that might be? I'm thinking just stress due to the environmental conditions, but I might be wrong.

White dots on a 4 weeks old seedling 3

Side note, there are some companion plants besides them, lavender, calendula, basil, Melissa (lemon balm). I tried to create a good ecosystem and also I like having plants on my balcony, although I'm still learning to take care of them.

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

Bugs. Get a magnifying glass. Look underneath the leaves too

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

This is a tough one. Usually I find larger white blotches on leaves a sign of light burn. and the overall colour of your plant suggests very high light levels but this looks more like a bug problem. I'd suggest that you grab a 10 power magnifying glass and go over the entire plant. Leaf tops and bottoms.
See if you find anybody. If you find anybody a good insecticidal soap should deal with them in short order.

labomba

labomba

I've got this seedling on Coco, she's about 10 days and got similar issues and just wanted to confirm it's light burn. I'm using 250w LED at 50% and she is just over a meter away from light source. Other than the marks she is growing at a good pace.

On the same topic, I've got a tiny milyn 100w. Would someone more experienced know how long it's ideal to grow a seedling under it to then move under a 250w?

IMG 20240515 090354
IMG 20240515 090349
Top Bottom