Why is my puffco pen not finishing off the wax? The last time I smoked wax was with a dab rig and...

• Thread starter Growth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Growth

I'm curious why my PuffCo Pen leaves behind residue instead of being fully vaporized.

Wax is pure THC, no? Also the last time I smoked wax with with a rig and a torch and there'd be nothing left.

The package suggests cleaning with a Q tip after every dab but I haven't cleaned it since I got it weeks ago besides scraping out what was leftover and smoothing it out on wax paper.

Is there anything that can be done with it? Maybe filter them with alcohol or I'd literally just eat them to be honest.

I don't like waste. I'm the guy that will be sitting next to pounds and still make sure I scrape every crumb up.

Newty

Newty

Were you taking temp when you dabbed with a torch and a rig? If not you were probably dabbing at a high temp.

Dabbing at to high of temp wastes concentrates.

You can clean your pen everytime but you can also reclaim the residue and dab it again.

G

Growth

Were you taking temp when you dabbed with a torch and a rig? If not you were probably dabbing at a high temp.

Dabbing at to high of temp wastes concentrates.

You can clean your pen everytime but you can also reclaim the residue and dab it again.
Yeah I'd do red hot and then wait a bit like instructed. It was like 10 years ago and it was HARSH and probably too hot. It was before the rigs where you could set heat.

Newty

Newty

Yeah I'd do red hot and then wait a bit like instructed. It was like 10 years ago and it was HARSH and probably too hot. It was before the rigs where you could set heat.
Definitely heat was the cause of it.

When I use a touch and a rig, I use an IR Temp Gun to measure the temp of the dabbing surface and take my hit when around 450-550

G

Growth

Definitely heat was the cause of it.

When I use a touch and a rig, I use an IR Temp Gun to measure the temp of the dabbing surface and take my hit when around 450-550
Yeah but I'm still confused why the rig will consume all of the wax and evaporate it, but the pens leave behind reclaim. Are the pens less efficient?

Newty

Newty

Yeah but I'm still confused why the rig will consume all of the wax and evaporate it, but the pens leave behind reclaim. Are the pens less efficient?
Because you were dabbing to hot, you were literally buring it to nothing. Which was wasting a lot of it but still gets you high.

Your pen is much lower temp then the rig you were using so it vaporizes the concentrates at the best temp for the best results which means you get stuff left behind, you can scrap the stuff and smoke it again.

Take cold water and drop it on something that's 100 degrees, do the same at 600 degrees. I bet the 600 degrees evaporates everything faster leaving nothing behind.

More heat=less product left behind

Top Bottom