Yellow Spots/ Brown patches on Seedlings

• Thread starter Arktwo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Arktwo

Arktwo

Hi all,

First grow underway growing auto Blueberry and auto Dos Si Dos.

Day 13 today and noticed both seedlings developing deficiencies in first set of true leaves…

Growing in Coco Coir.
18/6 light schedule
Starting watering when medium started to dry out (ph’ed to 6.1) and started feeding 0.25ml of Calmag, general hydroponics trio per litre of water) every 2-3 days when medium gets dry.
70% RH
24 - 28 oC RT

Growing in a 2 x 2 with a 100 watt MarsHydro light (28 inches above plants).

Any help would be great!

Thankyou!

Yellow spots brown patches on seedlings
Yellow spots brown patches on seedlings 2
Yellow spots brown patches on seedlings 3
Yellow spots brown patches on seedlings 4
socks4free

socks4free

Thanks, so I’m just under watering them?
Your medium does seem quite dry. I don't grow in coco but Ive read you need to water coco more often than you would with regular soil because of how fast it dries out.

Arktwo

Arktwo

Your medium does seem quite dry. I don't grow in coco but Ive read you need to water coco more often than you would with regular soil because of how fast it dries out.
Yep I’m now starting to realise that haha.
I think looking up on watering habitats in the seedling stage I’m somewhat apprehensive on overwatering them hence the description of the waterings. Thanks! 👌🏼

Arktwo

Arktwo

Yep I’m now starting to realise that haha.
I think looking up on watering habitats in the seedling stage I’m somewhat apprehensive on overwatering them hence the description of the waterings. Thanks! 👌🏼
So uptake the waterings and give the medium a proper soaking? How will I know if it’s fixed the problem? 🤞🏼

socks4free

socks4free

So uptake the waterings and give the medium a proper soaking? How will I know if it’s fixed the problem? 🤞🏼
You will know it's working when you have new growth that looks healthy. Your old growth isn't gonna go back to healthy but you can watch it to see if it gets worse to get a idea of whats happening too.

Arktwo

Arktwo

You will know it's working when you have new growth that looks healthy. Your old growth isn't gonna go back to healthy but you can watch it to see if it gets worse to get an idea of whats happening too.
Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind. First time grow so still getting to grips 👍🏻

Choppr

Choppr

Thanks, so I’m just under watering them?
They look dry, dont flood them, Seedlings only need about 2 oz every other day(1oz/day) for about a week more, you dont want them to hit dry coco - water away from the stem 1/2"inch to avoid damping off. Water out to the edge of the leaves (that's the drip line). Its best to pre moisten all of your coco before they go into your pots(not dripping wet) moist, then add your seeds/seedlings. If you have questions about growing in Coco, make a list and DM me, I'll help you out. See Ya

Arktwo

Arktwo

Update, looking much better this evening after checking in, doesn’t look like the grow is as stunted and looking greener on the new leaves.

IMG 6532
IMG 6531
Kannabis

Kannabis

Hi all,

Day 13 today and noticed both seedlings developing deficiencies in first set of true leaves…

Growing in Coco Coir.
18/6 light schedule
Starting watering when medium started to dry out (ph’ed to 6.1) and started feeding 0.25ml of Calmag, general hydroponics trio per litre of water) every 2-3 days when medium gets dry.
70% RH
24 - 28 oC RT

Any help would be great!

Thankyou!
I generally wait until plants have grown 3-4 sets of true leaves before their first feeding of any nutrients. It usually takes about 3-4 weeks from planting your germinated seed (in soil) for your seedling to have used up all the energy left in the seed and starter soil.

bullfrog13

bullfrog13

Hi all,

Growing in Coco Coir.
18/6 light schedule
70% RH
24 - 28 oC RT

Any help would be great!

Thankyou!
bro if you wanna learn how to grow in coco go to cocoforcannabis.com
coco is very different from soil and people will tell you loots of things that apply to soil but dont in the same way to coco. unintentionally sending you down a path of self harm and premature balding.

socks4free

socks4free

I generally wait until plants have grown 3-4 sets of true leaves before their first feeding of any nutrients. It usually takes about 3-4 weeks from planting your germinated seed (in soil) for your seedling to have used up all the energy left in the seed and starter soil.
Is this true growing in coco too? I could of sworn coco you need to feed alot sooner than soil no?

socks4free

socks4free

Most guides I’ve read up on is that you start feeding coco nutes from first roots/seedling stage? 🫠
I don't grow in coco so it just feels weird to me how soon they get nutes haha. In living soil I don't give them any kinda fertilizer for awhile. Just ff microbe brew.

But yeah I knew it was very early I just didn't know it was that early!

Latest posts

Top Bottom