Yellowing my leaves. Is it a low ph maybe nitrogen deficiency? First time growung Using ffof.

• Thread starter Harley.Freeman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Yellowing my leaves. Is it a low ph maybe nitrogen deficiency? First time growung Using ffof.

• Nitrogen deficiency

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Ph problem

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
H

Harley.Freeman

Hey,

So I have just recently started growing and I just bought two of these little ones that are about 6 week old from a friend of mine. I have only had them for a week now but one of them had gotten progressively worse with this yellowing, I have been having problems with my ph since I brought them home and have tried a bunch of stuff but just decided to start using distilled water that I was able to get the ph to a 6.3. I have only watered them twice and misting the top soul frequently due to them being in a 5gal pot, when I water them the first time it wad very little because I didn't want to over water .I checked on them the next day and realized they needed more so I have been doing about 2/3 a gal, whole gallon gave me run off. I accidently water them the second time with the nutrient treated water I have (using ff big grow) instead of going back and forth each week from nutrient treated water to regular water.

I'm trying to figured out what I can do differently to reverse this yellowing which is obviously a sign the plant is stressin.

If anyone could give me some tips I am willing to listen.

-Thanks!

Yellowing my leaves is it a low ph maybe nitrogen deficiency first time growung using ffof
Yellowing my leaves is it a low ph maybe nitrogen deficiency first time growung using ffof 2
Yellowing my leaves is it a low ph maybe nitrogen deficiency first time growung using ffof 3
Yellowing my leaves is it a low ph maybe nitrogen deficiency first time growung using ffof 4
Yellowing my leaves is it a low ph maybe nitrogen deficiency first time growung using ffof 5
Yellowing my leaves is it a low ph maybe nitrogen deficiency first time growung using ffof 6
Yellowing my leaves is it a low ph maybe nitrogen deficiency first time growung using ffof 7
MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

Hey,

So I have just recently started growing and I just bought two of these little ones that are about 6 week old from a friend of mine. I have only had them for a week now but one of them had gotten progressively worse with this yellowing, I have been having problems with my ph since I brought them home and have tried a bunch of stuff but just decided to start using distilled water that I was able to get the ph to a 6.3. I have only watered them twice and misting the top soul frequently due to them being in a 5gal pot, when I water them the first time it wad very little because I didn't want to over water .I checked on them the next day and realized they needed more so I have been doing about 2/3 a gal, whole gallon gave me run off. I accidently water them the second time with the nutrient treated water I have (using ff big grow) instead of going back and forth each week from nutrient treated water to regular water.

I'm trying to figured out what I can do differently to reverse this yellowing which is obviously a sign the plant is stressin.

If anyone could give me some tips I am willing to listen.

-Thanks!
To me it looks like overwatering
Bottom leves yellowing is sign of lack of oxygen if the plant stands in a wet pot with bad aeration for too long it will drown slowly

You can start by lifting the pot and water only if its light

That way you will know if there are much or little water in the substrate

You can also stick your finger a couple inches down in your growing medium if its wet dont water wait a day or two

But it isnt that bad at all i think youre just watering too frequently and not too much just stop what youre doing and wait till its light😆👊 should get her back on track

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

Bottom leves yellowing is sign of lack of oxygen if the plant stands in a wet pot with bad aeration for too long it will drown slowly

You can also stick your finger a couple inches down in your growing medium if its wet dont water wait a day or two

But it isnt that bad at all i think youre just watering too frequently and not too much just stop what youre doing and wait till its light😆👊 should get her back on track
And Raise your light too i see you got a bit of interveinal chlorosis (magnesium deficiency) or dim it down a bit👊

mjvdet13

mjvdet13

Yellow leaves can be a bunch of different things but they all come back to the same thing and thats a water issue

can be alight issue too if you are cooking them

H

Harley.Freeman

Thank you very much. I have been paying a lot of attention to watering maybe to much actually. I will just keep making sure the ph is on point and water less.

G

GreenNotYellow

It is not that much of a harm to the plant, the plant can actually shrink its bottom leaves by itself if they are not getting enough light or somethig is worng. Perhaps too much water too less light for those particular leaves and the plant just does not see any use of it so thus drops it

H

Harley.Freeman

Thank you very much. I have been paying a lot of attention to watering maybe to much actually. I will just keep making sure the ph is on point and water

And Raise your light too i see you got a bit of interveinal chlorosis (magnesium deficiency) or dim it down a bit👊
So you think some cal mag would help my situation? Also what light v
It is not that much of a harm to the plant, the plant can actually shrink its bottom leaves by itself if they are not getting enough light or somethig is worng. Perhaps too much water too less light for those particular leaves and the plant just does not see any use of it so thus drops

It is not that much of a harm to the plant, the plant can actually shrink its bottom leaves by itself if they are not getting enough light or somethig is worng. Perhaps too much water too less light for those particular leaves and the plant just does not see any use of it so thus drops it

Thank you very much for the tips I very much so appreciate any and all help I can get!

H

Harley.Freeman

So you think some cal mag would help my situation? Also what light v

Thank you very much for the tips I very much so appreciate any and all help I can get

MrGreenfinga what i was trying to ask is : should I introduce CalMag to my feedings and how high should I put my light in your opinion? I have it at 23in away currently and two days ago It had been at like 32 and that's how I had it front the start

Top Bottom