geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Can't see the pic very well;
a single leaflet plant???

-------------------------------

I don't have any sport seedlings this year;
well, maybe.

After 22 years of inbreeding, not that me an' my wife were complaining, but; I threw some new genes in the pool, figure I don't have all that many seasons left and might as well mix it up a bit:
Chemdog D X GSC, Casey Jones X GSC, Moonshine Haze, and Lemongrass Thai X Deep Chunk.

Two Moonshine Hazes seemed to have aborted their mainstems and,
after sitting there for a while, one of 'em had sprung a sprout from the eastern cotyledon;
and last night the other is growing from one of the single leaflet nodes.

MH1

MH2

Anyone know if this is common with Moonshine Haze???

Last edited:
monkeymun

monkeymun

@monkeymun

I didn't forget you. I've gone through a lot of old hard drives, and will probably find some more.

What I'm running into is, ah, let me go back a byte Heh.
~1995 I started building my own hot rod computers and see just how fast I could run 'em, overclocking and crunching various intense computational science programs. Most folks who overclock to the max do it on a dedicated computer, but not me Heh; I use my "daily driver". Max overclocking crashes computers (that's how you know you went to far with one of the various parameters then drop down and try a different angle), and crashes do bad things; to software and hardware.

I lost a few hard drives but, as Steve Gibson says: If it's spinning, you can recover at least some data with software. I use GetBack (and any pc user should have all the wonderful Resplendent Software free tools).

Now, this is what I'm finding (on the undamaged old drives) in the Recovered Data folders; these are from 2000:

View attachment 396650

The two files with the "pretty pictures" were unrecoverable--
in some folders only one or two files were recovered...

Bummer. Strange you can get a preview of the photos, but not open them. How's that work I wonder?

Addendumb:
@monkeymun too

How fortuitous.

About 6 months ago I found an article about a redwood chimera,
and I filed it away so good I just had to go look it up again;
and there's a whole buncha new stories about it--
http://blogs.kqed.org/newsfix/2014/03/14/rare-redwood-threatened-with-removal-in-cotati/
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/03/140319-redwood-albino-chimera-california-tree-tallest/
even from today...
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20140311/articles/140319901

Cool! Glad to hear the locals are banding together to save it.

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Bummer. Strange you can get a preview of the photos, but not open them. How's that work I wonder?

I think the data is in ah, "pieces", in different sectors all over the hard drive (remember that old Dave Clark Five song: "Bytes And Pieces" Heh.); and some sectors were damaged. Apparently the only thing recovered in the files with the M/S pic is the Properties, which shows the correct file size and date; but the rest is either corrupted or not there.

I doesn't matter to your subject anyway (unless it was a whole unrecovered folder...),
'cause if I was taking pictures of a Chimera there would be at least 6 shots in-a-row.
I still anticipate finding more older drives.

I'm glad you got me looking at all these old pics tho,
I kept the plants much shorter 14 years ago; as in:
"Don't Scare The Neighbors"--
and the LE...

Shorter1

Last edited:
geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
I've never known quite what to think of 'em 'cept they're different;
would be interesting if more of that strain exhibited the trait--
or is it an individual thing???

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

All my Mk-ultra are seedlings and have double and triple serrated edged fan leafs

monkeymun

monkeymun

Keep digging for that gold, Geologic! Hope you find the drives you're talking about and that the data is intact. Those files are akin to treasure. Everything like this should be kept for posterity and in the name of science. :)

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Keep digging for that gold, Geologic! Hope you find the drives you're talking about and that the data is intact. Those files are akin to treasure. Everything like this should be kept for posterity and in the name of science. :)
The older I get;
the more disorganized I get--
and just where did all that time go???...

Surfandgrow

Surfandgrow

Grand Daddy Purple is the strain thats wierding out. Its growing right next to 5 other strains that are pumping along as always with no ill signs. Indoor is the game and average temp/humidity is 78/55. I never sprayed nothing never and now I use seagreen but these bitches never got sprayed. They just like sprouting juicy nugs on their fan leaves.

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Surfandgrow

Surfandgrow

@Sativied what does the first pick mean (Fasciated: (Chunk x CH)? I have a cherry pie x GDP that has leaves that are doing that.

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fasciation - the images there sum it up nicely. Can happen with buds too.

Here's mine about a week ago just recovered from cloning. Stem doubled sideways only. It's not a very vigorous plant, getting in the way of itself. Going to flower it out of curiosity but by itself not a desirable trait.
Pen5 3

nice photography...
Thanks geo, that's 99% camera and 1% me. I just point-and-shoot with a 42mp slr and end up with usually a good part to cut out :)

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Fasciated: (Chunk x CH)
View attachment 407806

CH male: (quad whorled phyllotaxy)
View attachment 407807

ICE x CH , tri-whorled, female offspring of above male x old ICE.
View attachment 407809

Chunk x CH, weird calyxes that started out as ribbons similar to stipules:
View attachment 407808

So, @Sativied;
'bout that quad whorled phyllotaxy CH male (I haven't seen a quad in 35 years...)
and the tri-whorled female offspring (the quad produced a tri!!!):
ah, how did she react to the pruning--
and what's goin' on with that little family now???

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
Hey Geo, I will start a sort of journal thread today here with the complete family. She (IH#5) is responding to the pruning very well.

IH5 14

IH5 15

^^390ppm

It's in the back at the right, the 2 white lines at the top of the image indicate where IH5 starts and ends. The fasciated is in the center in the front. Only P#6 (front right) is regular opposite.
IH5group

I'm basically preventing any new lateral shoots from forming new bud site. It quickly became obvious she inherited mom's structure, ICE (untrained mostly, wanted to see its natural structure):
Ice11

The 14 test seedlings to check the whorled-ratio in the ICExCH cross are starting to recover from a transplant and tsunami. I guess I got rusty manually watering pots :) Older pic:
The14w

The whorling, in my case anyway, starts during veg, i.e. after seedling stage and seemingly once it established apical dominance. Phyllotaxy arrangement is influence heavily by auxin concentration and the role of auxins is clear when topping one of the whorled plants, some of the remaining laterals start whorling shortly after. Will post more pics in that journal/log thread later.

Last edited:
Top Bottom