🔥 Fire from the Shire 🔥 Come on in ✌️

• Thread starter Stokes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Stokes

Stokes

I’ll also add, if i hadnt already before…. That sherbadough that I put outside, i thought that was a male. I pulled it out a couple weeks ago to cull. It sat outside of my tent for 2 days and i thought that i would test out going from coco to soil outdoors. I figured since it was a male i didnt have anything to lose. Turned out to be a female, and was the absolute best plant in the tent at the time.

It took a while for the roots to grow out but shes starting to grow out again

Last edited:
lenhug

lenhug

Supporter
I've never topped myself in my limited experience so always looking in to it. Maybe on another grow as this one is goingg well.

Speaking of which, I need to update my thread as lots going on.

BearWater

BearWater

If you were a hotdog would you eat yourself?
Supporter
Most definitely. Might try it with the freebie I got from Mephisto that I'm sticking outside.
It’s like it was ment to be! : ) I think I topped my two outside Raskals lol. When I was legitimately growing outdoor we did not top though so its all new to me as well 😀 just another trick for the bag!

Stokes

Stokes

Mixed up some soil for my upcoming Chemdog D (CSI) and ECSD (Shorline) grow. Couldnt find any of my beloved HPCC (best goddamned soil base of all time!) in stock anywhere locally, so had to improvise. Will cook for about a month. 90% insoluble ingredients, will have ample time to break down. If any nitrogen is needed i will top dress with guano. I seriously doubt that will be necessary

Ingredients for any of those who might care:

-Promix bx
-Black Kow
-Coco
-Perlite
-Alfalfa meal
-Kelp Meal
-Oyster shell
-Langbeinite
-Rock phosphate
-Fish bone meal
-Bat Guano
-Humic acids
-Azomite
-Diatomaceous earth

IMG 9703

This is the second time i opted for cow manure over worm castings. Castings have gotten ridiculous in price and i have seen similar performance from Black Kow. First few weeks i will water with mosquito bits to kill any unwanted insects. The only draw back of Black Kow imo. But to be completely fair ive brought in bugs with both soil and castings recently.

Last edited:
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I’d love to see how the
Mixed up some soil for my upcoming Chemdog D (CSI) and ECSD (Shorline) grow. Couldnt find any of my beloved HPCC (best goddamned soil base of all time!) in stock anywhere locally, so had to improvise. Will cook for about a month. 90% insoluble ingredients, will have ample time to break down. If any nitrogen is needed i will top dress with guano. I seriously doubt that will be necessary

Ingredients for any of those who might care:

-Promix bx
-Black Kow
-Coco
-Perlite
-Alfalfa meal
-Kelp Meal
-Oyster shell
-Langbeinite
-Rock phosphate
-Fish bone meal
-Bat Guano
-Humic acids
-Azomite
-Diatomaceous earth

View attachment 2206700

This is the second time i opted for cow manure over worm castings. Castings have gotten ridiculous in price and i have seen similar performance from Black Kow. First few weeks i will water with mosquito bits to kill any unwanted insects. The only draw back of Black Kow imo. But to be completely fair ive brought in bugs with both soil and castings recently.
i was considering that as well, the coast of Maine castings I buy have doubled in price over the last year and a half it’s crazy defenitly watching, I also make teas with my EWC I’d imagine the black Kow would be the more or less the same I think I’ve seen that locally at one of the nurseries

Stokes

Stokes

I’d love to see how the

i was considering that as well, the coast of Maine castings I buy have doubled in price over the last year and a half it’s crazy defenitly watching, I also make teas with my EWC I’d imagine the black Kow would be the more or less the same I think I’ve seen that locally at one of the nurseries
I pretty much want either one for the microbes, not so much the nutrients. One of these days i’ll make my own castings, until then i’ll use black kow. I refuse to pay as much for worm shit as i do my genetics.

My sherbadough outside is in pretty much the same mix.

IMG 9597

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I pretty much want either one for the microbes, not so much the nutrients. One of these days i’ll make my own castings, until then i’ll use black kow. I refuse to pay as much for worm shit as i do my genetics.

My sherbadough outside is in pretty much the same mix.

View attachment 2206775
Yep same reason I give EWC I top dress with it as well as do teas, I also use Advanced nutrients organic mikes OG tea and I add in great white shark myco as well

For the hydra plant I’ve been using fox farms microbe brew (I have all the big bottles of FF on hand from years ago, might as well get my money outta them lol, figured I’d use them on the mother plant, any FF neut I use on the veg plants is about 1/4 dose as I also amend the soil with Gaia and my usual amendments

Stokes

Stokes

Yep same reason I give EWC I top dress with it as well as do teas, I also use Advanced nutrients organic mikes OG tea and I add in great white shark myco as well

For the hydra plant I’ve been using fox farms microbe brew (I have all the big bottles of FF on hand from years ago, might as well get my money outta them lol, figured I’d use them on the mother plant, any FF neut I use on the veg plants is about 1/4 dose as I also amend the soil with Gaia and my usual amendments

I never even realized AN made teas. I use their sensi line alot.

Ive gotten lazy as shit with teas these days, roots organic terp teas have gotten me spoiled

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I never even realized AN made teas. I use their sensi line alot.

Ive gotten lazy as shit with teas these days, roots organic terp teas have gotten me spoiled
I haven’t found many but local hydro shop had this so I grabbed it while I was there

I got the little quart bottle was like $23 (they want $57 for the same bottle on Amazon 🤣) I feed it every 2 weeks, not a major part of the soil’s diet but keeps those microbes happy and I’m all about that!

IMG 6061

Latest posts

Top Bottom